Official Poly construction update thread **updated video page 103(2/17/15)**

I have considered AOA in the past but they have no slide. I know it's considered a 'value' but I think they made a huge mistake not putting a slide in the pool. The rooms are not cheap and
people expect a slide at the pool when they are paying $300/night to stay there.

Maybe Disney figures, in some crazy way to make more money, they could put small crowded pools at the resorts so you would spend more time in the parks and shopping?

We do like to stay on site but when you really look at what you get for the price you pay, it's really not worth the prices they charge for their rooms. I guess this how they get to pay the CEO of
WDW millions a year. :headache:

Maybe I'm wrong because I've never stayed at the Poly (we're about to be switchers!), but we had a REALLY hard time a crowded pool at the GF (but that might have been bc of the Poly guests) last summer. And I don't think the WL pool is that much bigger either. The splash pad did help with this thought because there were always a ton of chairs over there. Not really sure where Poly's will be though….
We were at GF last August and pools weren't very crowded at all during our stay. We were there for 2 weeks. End of Aug.

We just left from our visit to the Poly. The quiet pool closed on April 16th. They are still tweaking the infinity hot tub and the slide at the lava pool so at any given time either was closed. We saw water shooting up from the kids splash area behind the walls so they are in testing phase. I am thinking it might be getting ready to open.
Thank you for the updates. This is always so helpful!

I would be grateful....for East pool updates as folks take their vacations at Poly. There is another thread that talks about people having some anxiety around what the construction will be like in that area. Thank you in advance! I wish everyone who is on their way now....a Magical Vacation!

I agree. We were suppose to stay at the Poly at the end of August but just switched it to the BC due to the size of the pool and the quiet pool being closed. Plan on spending a lot of time
at the resort and don't feel like being crammed in a small crowded pool.

I would be grateful....for East pool updates as folks take their vacations at Poly. There is another thread that talks about people having some anxiety around what the construction will be like in that area. Thank you in advance! I wish everyone who is on their way now....a Magical Vacation!

Looking for that thread now. Thanks!

Hi! I thought I am at the Poly now staying in one of the new studios. It is my first time here so can't compare it to pre-construction but can tell you that I went to the pool yesterday at 1:00pm and the pool wasn't crowded and there were plenty of deck chairs for us to choose from (the chairs are really comfy but get quite hot if you don't have a towel on them). The kid's splash area was busy and looks like a lot of fun. There is a fence around the pool but we didn't use our magic bands to get in...I assume that will come later because the pad to swipe the magic band is at the gate just not operating. Despite it not being busy, i did think it was a fairly small pool compared to some of the other resorts we have stayed at. We are switching to AK today for our first stay there so will see how their pool compares.

Hi! I thought I am at the Poly now staying in one of the new studios. It is my first time here so can't compare it to pre-construction but can tell you that I went to the pool yesterday at 1:00pm and the pool wasn't crowded and there were plenty of deck chairs for us to choose from (the chairs are really comfy but get quite hot if you don't have a towel on them). The kid's splash area was busy and looks like a lot of fun. There is a fence around the pool but we didn't use our magic bands to get in...I assume that will come later because the pad to swipe the magic band is at the gate just not operating. Despite it not being busy, i did think it was a fairly small pool compared to some of the other resorts we have stayed at. We are switching to AK today for our first stay there so will see how their pool compares.

How's the studio? How's the storage space? (under the bed, in the chest/table, etc.) We are staying in one in June!! Would love a mini review from someone who's actually stayed in one :-)

How did you like the Poly Studio? Were you booked in Standard and what building? We are going to request Morrea for our October trip! CANNOT WAIT!
Personally, HAPPY that there is a fence which will require magic bands to get in.. We were at AKV Jambo this past December and LOVED IT! HOPE that your trip is GREAT!:thumbsup2THANKS for any info you can provide!:goodvibes

How's the studio? How's the storage space? (under the bed, in the chest/table, etc.) We are staying in one in June!! Would love a mini review from someone who's actually stayed in one :-)

How did you like the Poly Studio? Were you booked in Standard and what building? We are going to request Morrea for our October trip! CANNOT WAIT!
Personally, HAPPY that there is a fence which will require magic bands to get in.. We were at AKV Jambo this past December and LOVED IT! HOPE that your trip is GREAT!:thumbsup2THANKS for any info you can provide!:goodvibes

Looking forward to our stay at the Poly in a SV in August, so anything you can tell us would be greatly appreciated!! :thanks:Also wondering how the storage is since there'll be 5 of us. @jerseygal, I requested Moorea too! party:

Pssst...I'm adding an extra day! Yippee! 11 nights!!! Yessssss!!!!!:woohoo:

Can anyone tell me how to look for a specific thread? I'd like to find this one. Do I enter key words in a search? Thanks!

Can anyone tell me how to look for a specific thread? I'd like to find this one. Do I enter key words in a search? Thanks!
I find searching under the username to be easiest.. Use search button and then search under member name...the threads will come up...Hope this helps!:goodvibes

Sorry for the delayed response! We stayed in Morrea and it was a good location for us with it being close to parking and TTC and heard no construction at all. The studios are really nicely decorated and spacious. There are 2 bathrooms..one with just a shower and sink and the other has a tub, sink and toilet. There is a lot of storage space in the vanities although I found the vanities to be quite small (lack of counter space) considering the size of these bathrooms. Because there is a fold down bed under the tv there is no dresser so not a lot of drawer space ( not sure if all units have this bed). There is a good size drawer under the bed, 2 bedside tables with a drawer and the drawers in the bathroom and that's about it. The top of the coffee table opens so it is actually a large deep storage space for bags, etc. We only stayed a few days there so lived out of our suitcases but if I was staying longer I would bring extra hangers and hang more things up. One other thing, there is a lot of lighting everywhere including the bathrooms...I am at AKL now and the lighting here is really poor.

A couple of things I forgot to mention..there is also a pullout sofa so technically the studios sleep 5 although I imagine that would be pretty crowded. Also I noticed that if you stay in Morrea lake side and are on the ground level your view is obstructed by the bungalows.

Okay...I know I asked this question and did get a response regarding pool hours. It seems, that due to the new fencing, pool hours are strictly enforced, including the hot tub at Poly. So....the resorts that do not have fences have more liberal pool hours? And....I am paying top dollar to be restricted from using the pool and hot tub. I'm just curious if anyone else things this seems off. I'm used to staying at Pop and swimming in the morning and at night. There are always a few or more people in the pool at those times. Is no one having an issue with this....at all?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter