Official Poly construction update thread **updated video page 103(2/17/15)**

I have been following Tikiman for so long, he helped make a magical first trip to the Polynesian for my now grown children. So sad to see this happen. Now that we have booked the villas with our DVC membership I was enjoying the photos and goings on there. I will def post as much as I can when I get back hopefully others will do the same.

Absolutely ridiculous how Disney has handled not only the whole Poly refurb, but pressuring Tikiman to stop posting unofficial updates. I had my own opinion in the past about how much Disney magic was really left at the management level, and I guess now I know. I also like how they pressured him AFTER he already bought into the Poly DVC. Nice job Disney! YUCK!

I'm at BC now, there were groups of "suits" walking around, like 10-15 guys, taking notes and looking at exterior things I'm guessing that had something to do with the upcoming construction the previous poster just mentioned. I hope for BC sake they don't overtake the resort like they did at Poly. I welcome the improvements, but Disney gets a falling grade for how they handled the Poly refurb in my book, F.

Lot's of rumors flying that "they" are going to circle back and look at the deluxe resorts and change regular rooms into DVC. AhLaLa AKL Jumbo house. I've heard they are looking to start at the WL, BC, and YC.

I am not happy about this. I have no interest in DVC, I like the regular hotel rooms and service.

I am staying at poly in April and did not get a letter
Checking in the 14th
I am in the villas.
Reason I booked there because I was hoping the pool was done.

And didn't get a phone call either.
If pool is not done. I would hope if some got passes to typhoon lagoon. Everyone would.
I did not get that phone call.
Hoping because the pool would be open then.
The letter comes with your Magic Band order created for that stay -- if you don't confirm the order, or haven't gotten the bands, you won't have gotten the letter.
Does any one know if the "new" lava pool will be for Poly guests only or will they allow pool hoppers?
No hoppers. Same pool/policy as before.

Absolutely ridiculous how Disney has handled not only the whole Poly refurb, but pressuring Tikiman to stop posting unofficial updates. I had my own opinion in the past about how much Disney magic was really left at the management level, and I guess now I know. I also like how they pressured him AFTER he already bought into the Poly DVC. Nice job Disney! YUCK!

I agree. The whole refurb has been handled shoddily. And I'm really upset about the treatment of Tikiman and his site. That's just crappy. He's a huge part of the reason I booked part of my next stay at the Poly. I know what I hear from Disney will likely be wrong. So at least from Tikiman I got the good and bad and could make an informed decision.

Lot's of rumors flying that "they" are going to circle back and look at the deluxe resorts and change regular rooms into DVC. AhLaLa AKL Jumbo house. I've heard they are looking to start at the WL, BC, and YC.

I am not happy about this. I have no interest in DVC, I like the regular hotel rooms and service.

Wow, really? does anyone else have info on this? The changes they are making are getting very strange tbh. I can't find the right word for it and perhaps should not post the word anyway, but Wow. Does Disney want the property to be some exclusive kind of members only club? I'm really not into that. It's not about money either.

I just found his FB page, and I feel like I'm in mourning. It was so nice to haves glimmer of what to expect for my first WDW trip. :-(
This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Anyone can post whatever they want on Facebook! What happened? I would like more details, does anyone know?

This is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Anyone can post whatever they want on Facebook! What happened? I would like more details, does anyone know?

Lawyers

ETA: actually, I don't think anyone besides Steve knows exactly what happened, but he did say he would explain in his next news story...

Last edited:
Lawyers

ETA: actually, I don't think anyone besides Steve knows exactly what happened, but he did say he would explain in his next news story...
Yeah, eagerly waiting for that news story! I'm just flabbergasted!

Speaking of the new pool - having never stayed at the Poly, I was just wondering if the new pool looks about the same size or even smaller than before. Hard to tell for sure just by the pics for sure.

Check tikiman FB there are some photos of the pool from today. Looking good!

I'm so excited now that the pool is finished! Even though I'm not going till August, I've been living vicariously (anxiously! :crazy:) through those of you who've been waiting and wondering if it would be ready for your stays in April.

Speaking of the new pool - having never stayed at the Poly, I was just wondering if the new pool looks about the same size or even smaller than before. Hard to tell for sure just by the pics for sure.
Pool is the same size, expanded deck, added hot tub and child splash area.

I'm so excited now that the pool is finished! Even though I'm not going till August, I've been living vicariously (anxiously! :crazy:) through those of you who've been waiting and wondering if it would be ready for your stays in April.
Me too! Can't wait for August.

I think Disney does read the sites like Dis, and others. Just my guess.

Then SHAME ON YOU DISNEY!!! Listen to the people who visit your parks and love the Polynesian! There has been enough discussion on Facebook, dis boards and similar forums since the Tikiman "thing" that your executives surely must be able to hear how the honesty and reality of Tikiman's posts is appreciated by YOUR patrons.

Pool is the same size, expanded deck, added hot tub and child splash area.

Me too! Can't wait for August.

Even though the pool will be the same size I'm hoping the new child splash area and hot tub will draw people out of the pool. And with the new gate there should be fewer pool hoppers. All in all positive changes.

Oh and the new lounge chairs look really plush!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter