***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be so much better if the whole park was open.
There was a story that during the first PM EMH on May 27, EE was so empty after 11PM that a family rode it 15 times in a row without getting off.

Disney probably figured out it is not worth doing that and keeping it open. If they drop the daily EMH after July 4 to once or twice a week, I suspect they may keep more of the park open.

:wizard:

Today was my 30 day window. I went in exactly 4 AM PST and was not able to find any FOP fast passes. I was able to get a Navi for just before noon. Just as I expected.
My first fast pass is for the Safari at 9:50 to 1050. Do you think I will be able to make it within that window after rope dropping FOP? It is for July 14 and I plan to be at the park at 7:45 AM for a 9 AM opening.
I would think you'll have no problem at all. Getting there that early for rope drop you should be out of FOP by 9:45 am even if you walk slowly. That's plenty of leeway for your Safari FP which you can use until 11:05.

Wondering how long the wait at the Canteen has been for dinner? Our FOP FP is from 6-7 and thinking about dinner afterwards there. We have DP so can not order with MDE unfortunately. Thanks for the help!

Wondering how long the wait at the Canteen has been for dinner? Our FOP FP is from 6-7 and thinking about dinner afterwards there. We have DP so can not order with MDE unfortunately. Thanks for the help!

When I was there the line was never incredibly long ... and seemed to move pretty good. Obviously mobile ordering is faster but still I haven't seen any complaints about long waits. And post-7pm should be after the bulk of the dinner rush so I think you'll be ok

When I was there the line was never incredibly long ... and seemed to move pretty good. Obviously mobile ordering is faster but still I haven't seen any complaints about long waits. And post-7pm should be after the bulk of the dinner rush so I think you'll be ok
Agree. Even opening weekend with crazy lines everywhere, the Canteen was not too bad, all things considered. And if it is, don't get in line, mobile order

Agree. Even opening weekend with crazy lines everywhere, the Canteen was not too bad, all things considered. And if it is, don't get in line, mobile order

the mobile ordering was great! unfortunately the OP said they are on the dining plan which the mobile ordering doesn't work for yet - but hopefully soon!

Going in November. How has it been lately for getting a fastpass at 60 days for Flight of Passage? Should I be up for 6am in the morning like when I book ADR's? Sorry if this has been asked like a million times.

Going in November. How has it been lately for getting a fastpass at 60 days for Flight of Passage? Should I be up for 6am in the morning like when I book ADR's? Sorry if this has been asked like a million times.

I highly recommend it. And it's 7:00a ET for FPs, not the same time as ADRs. See the Availability post in the FP FAQ for more info.

I did my FP's yesterday at 60 days. I got FOP for two different days. I was on at 7:00am. I wanted morning for one of them (a Monday morning in August) and could only get 2:55 at the earliest. :) But I got them! We are going to try to try in as standby in the am....it's an emh day, so we'll be there early. We're hoping to do FOP first and then Navi River.

Thanks. We only have a Saturday to do Animal Kingdom and we are hoping EMH will be available for then. At rope drop head to Navi River, and have fp for FOP for some point during the day. Breakfast reservations for Rainforest Café for 930 hoping we can do rope drop to Navi river then breakfast in time.

I did my FP's yesterday at 60 days. I got FOP for two different days. I was on at 7:00am. I wanted morning for one of them (a Monday morning in August) and could only get 2:55 at the earliest. :) But I got them! We are going to try to try in as standby in the am....it's an emh day, so we'll be there early. We're hoping to do FOP first and then Navi River.

Today was the 60 day mark for my AK day (I'm offsite for that part of my trip, so no 60+10 for me) and precisely at 7:00 am there was not a single FP available for FoP at any time during the day. This is Sunday August 13. Guess we'll be trying standby at rope drop.

Today was the 60 day mark for my AK day (I'm offsite for that part of my trip, so no 60+10 for me) and precisely at 7:00 am there was not a single FP available for FoP at any time during the day. This is Sunday August 13. Guess we'll be trying standby at rope drop.

I would just like to mention to everyone having trouble getting FP for FoP - keep a very close eye out on the Animal Kingdom hours on the Disney site. Check often!! An extension of non-EMH hours means new fastpasses for those added hours.

I'm sure Disney will be playing with the hours for AK going forward - we have no clear idea what they will look like after July 4.

Just got back from 8 days. I spent several nights at the emh in pandora. The emh were wonderful and while I was there the posted line times for FoP were exaggerated. I didn't wait more than an hour or so at night. During the day Pandora was very crowded. If you plan to rope drop the pandora rides get there early. I mean EARLY. This seems to be everyone's strategy. A better strategy might be to do the other attractions first until the lines die down. FoP queue is pretty neat, but after seeing it once or twice I'd be fine getting a FP. The ride itself is really unlike any other simulator ride. I'm not usually a fan of simulators, I like coasters and big thrills that are not often found at WDW, but this ride is in a category of its own. My only complaint is that there were no banshees on the days I was there.

My FP day is fast approaching and I need some advice. I will have 3 AK FP days; one of those will be rope drop with early EMH in September (so hoping crowds will be low). We hope to hit both FoP and NRJ during that hour.

For the FPs should I get 2-FoP and 1-NRJ, or 3-FoP? I know FoP will be awesome and we'd want to ride it as much as possible but think we would also like to do another go-round at the river to see more of it (look in different directions, etc). We are 2 young adults so no concern about kids!

My FP day is fast approaching and I need some advice. I will have 3 AK FP days; one of those will be rope drop with early EMH in September (so hoping crowds will be low). We hope to hit both FoP and NRJ during that hour.

For the FPs should I get 2-FoP and 1-NRJ, or 3-FoP? I know FoP will be awesome and we'd want to ride it as much as possible but think we would also like to do another go-round at the river to see more of it (look in different directions, etc). We are 2 young adults so no concern about kids!

Do 2 FoP and 1 NRJ.

Then you can get to the park early and rope drop FoP on one of those days so you can ride FoP 3 times.

Just got back from a 7 day trip and thought maybe someone can learn from my mistakes.

You can get same day fastpasses for NRJ for 2 people pretty easily as long as you refresh about 20 times. I learned this because I was constantly looking for FoP FP which was impossible to get but NRJ kept coming up. I had 2 days planned for AK and I chose NRJ for 1 FP and FoP for the other. I wish now that I had chosen FoP for both. We rode NRJ standby early in the trip and ended up dropping the NRJ FP because NRJ was a one and done for us.

Watched the 10:30 ROL with a fastpass I picked up 15 minutes before ROL started. This was a mistake. Standby never filled up. Should've watched ROL standby and beat the crowd that was heading to Pandora. The ROL FP section of the theater is furthest from Pandora and the crowds basically emptied from the ROL stadium and filled the FOP queue. So we decided to wait it out. Lines would surely go down the closer it got to midnight? Nope. They actually doubled as people streamed in from the other parks that were closing.

A different night, I tried to hop to AK for EMH after watching the Star Wars Fireworks. Bus line for AK was madness. Several lines had formed and people weren't sure which was the official line because they were so far from the bus queue. We decided to split a taxi with another couple that was waiting in line. This worked out great because we beat most of the park hoppers coming from the other parks. Moral of this story is - if you wait for MK, Epcot, or HS to close you might be waiting in a long line for a bus and then an even longer line once you arrive to AK.

Finally just a timeline for our 7:00am AK EMH. Arrived at Pop Century's bus stop at 6:05am, just missed the first bus, 4 people on it. 2nd bus arrived at 6:25am, this bus completely filled leaving some latecomers in the queue; we arrived at AK around 6:45. Through bag check and ticket lines by 6:55. On Flight of Passage by 7:35. Done shortly before 8. Had time for a few photopass pictures before our 8:10 FoP FP for a 2nd ride! Loved this ride! Got 3 rides in but could've done a few more!

I would just like to mention to everyone having trouble getting FP for FoP - keep a very close eye out on the Animal Kingdom hours on the Disney site. Check often!! An extension of non-EMH hours means new fastpasses for those added hours.

I'm sure Disney will be playing with the hours for AK going forward - we have no clear idea what they will look like after July 4.

Great point, it is very likely that the hours will change, and additional FP+ may then become available. I will be checking daily, probably multiple times, just on the off chance that a few open up. I only need 3 :)

Oh dear. Um. I'm not sure if it is still the case, but last time I went to WDW ADR's were a pain in the neck for getting FP. I don't remember the exact details, but I was stalking 4th or 5th FP+ and I found one that we wanted that would work for us, but the system wouldn't allow me to book it because I had and ADR like an hour later (it might have been more, I don't recall).
I mention this because it looks like you will be trying to get Pandora FP at the 30 day mark. I don't know how hard that is, but if the open time is around your ADR the system may not let you book it.
I've since switched to booking ADR's on a separate account to avoid FP collisions. I have no trouble meeting FP and ADR timelines so I don't see why Disney would restrict it in that way, but they do (or at least they did).
Wow...never heard of this before! When was the last time this happened to you and how do you know it was because of dinning reservations?

I did my FP on Monday and there were plenty. I looked yesterday and there were still some. I made FP for the 15th and 16th. So that is odd there are none for the 13th and 14th. I got FOP for both days.
It all seems so random...some folks have no trouble, other folks can't get any. I'm on vacation for a long weekend, and will be returning a couple days before my 30 day window (excited about this). I have two appointments that morning, so starting at 7 a.m. I'll be looking for my FP+, then I have apts. so I will have to wait to keep looking, like all day, everyday until I get, at least, some of my rides. Wish me luck!

Dorchristen: Today was my 30 day window. I went in exactly 4 AM PST and was not able to find any FOP fast passes. I was able to get a Navi for just before noon. Just as I expected.
My first fast pass is for the Safari at 9:50 to 1050. Do you think I will be able to make it within that window after rope dropping FOP? It is for July 14 and I plan to be at the park at 7:45 AM for a 9 AM opening.

So sorry to hear you couldn't get any FOP FP's....I'm afraid this will be my situation next week when I can book at 30 days. Will u be trying every day to find one open?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter