• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks so much for the info!

Now I am debating whether to go to AK on our arrival night (7/31) in addition to a rope drop day later in the week Friday August 4 so that I can secure FP for both attractions. My dilemma is that 7/31 isn't a "recommended" night according to some crowd calendars because it is an EMH morning. Thoughts?

I don't think any crowd calendars will have an accurate picture yet of how Pandora is affecting AK crowds. If you want fastpasses for both Pandora attractions, it sure seems to make sense to go twice!

Looking forward to our trip next week but had a question on FoP and to a lesser extent NRJ.

Since Saturday i've been following the wait times pretty closely on MDE and have noticed that in the later evening nearly every day one or both rides appear as "temporarily closed". I haven't tracked the times but am wondering if this is by design and the rides are being closed down for periods of time each evening or if it is just the craziness of the opening causing outages. I know they have extended EMH for the first couple months so this was a surprise to me. If there are planned outages I will have to rethink some of our plans.

Apologies if this has been covered already but it's hard to look for the answer in 316 pages of posts. :-)

Those that have experienced the transition from day to night, is it worth it? I'm contemplating jumping back into the FoP standby line before they start prepping for EMH. I was thinking it would be cool to go in while it is still light out and come out to the bioluminescence.

Just wondering if I'll be missing anything with the transition

Looking forward to our trip next week but had a question on FoP and to a lesser extent NRJ.

Since Saturday i've been following the wait times pretty closely on MDE and have noticed that in the later evening nearly every day one or both rides appear as "temporarily closed". I haven't tracked the times but am wondering if this is by design and the rides are being closed down for periods of time each evening or if it is just the craziness of the opening causing outages. I know they have extended EMH for the first couple months so this was a surprise to me. If there are planned outages I will have to rethink some of our plans.

Apologies if this has been covered already but it's hard to look for the answer in 316 pages of posts. :-)

Some of them are planned. They have been closing rides between 8 and 9 to clear out the lines for the resort guests attending EMH. FoP has also been closing about an hour early during EMH so that the line doesn't last long beyond 1am

Everyone is used to going to AK early. THey are still doing that, and all running to Pandora so they can go to their main park for the day.

ANd perhaps some proof the average park guest isn't so gaga over FoP. They aren't even interested in a less than two hour wait for a reride.

But, there are plenty of kids still in school this week.

Local schools had their last day today, though

We loved FoP yesterday & have FPs for NJ Thurs.

Kids want to ride FoP again--anyone there at rope drop today & head straight over? What were waits?

Yes I was at rope drop today. Drove into the parking lot at 6:30, they started letting people thru security at about 6:45, then we waited behind the turnstiles until 7:15. Then at 7:15 we walked to the front of Pandora and were held there until about 7:40, then walked into the FoP queue. Then walked thru the queue waiting off and on, and after the ride walking out I noticed it was 8:38. And looked at the wait time walking out and it said 295 minutes, lol. So it goes up quickly, and you would want to be in that first wave of people walking in like I was.

Those that have experienced the transition from day to night, is it worth it? I'm contemplating jumping back into the FoP standby line before they start prepping for EMH. I was thinking it would be cool to go in while it is still light out and come out to the bioluminescence.

Just wondering if I'll be missing anything with the transition
Not missing anything during the transition.

I have a fastpass for Flight of Passage. Do I need to arrive early to Pandora to get in line for my Fastpass? Is there still a wait to just get into Pandora?

FoP snapshot from today...
8:42 -- 295 min
11:09 -- 195
12:32 -- 145
1:47 -- 125
5:31 -- 105
6:37 -- 120

NRJ was at 120min at 6:37 as well.

Curious how well these MDE numbers match up with actual waits.
U-shaped curve?? :teacher: :D

8:44 -- 145

U-shaped curve?? :teacher: :D

8:44 -- 145

FoP was down to 90 during the rain but went but up pretty quick. I've talked to a few that have said they haven't waited as long as the posted time.

I think it will wind up u-shaped. Back in FoP standby and entered when it said 120 at 8 o'clock. It's definitely moving slower than it was earlier. Think it will wind up being 2.5-2.75 hrs this time around. Almost an hour and still in the caves

By design. They have been closing the lines around 9pm to let the queues empty before the EMH crowds are let in at 11pm.

Do they keep Splash open in a strong rains as long as no thunderstorms? I assume all the other outdoor rides definitely closed but thought Splash might stay open since it's a water ride.
We got caught on splash in a torrential downpour, no thunder. It started between the time we loaded and the time we came out of the first tunnel. One of the hardest r rains I've seen. We were so drenched. By the time we came out on the upper area it was still pouring. It was pretty miserable sitting there dripping in that puddle and freezing really. I'd never ride like that on purpose. But they didn't stop it

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter