***Official*** Pandora: The World of Avatar Information Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am very Landau sized, but you are right the picture is pre-restraints being engaged. Having said that, would they really design a seat so that the producer of Avatar could not ride? Maybe they really dislike him after all these years... :)

Yeah I know it was pre ride. I have been on FOP twice.

But I was just thinking this would be a good visual for some people. But I guess we are saying then he probably CAN'T Ride?

I imagine he probably did ride but no guarantee if he did or if he snuck out after filming. It looks like the restraint is pretty clear at his legs so he should have been okay but I'd feel more comfortable if there was a shot with him with restraints engaged.

Are there any Hidden Mickeys in Pandora or did the Imagineers deem it "inappropriate" to put any in there?

Yeah I know it was pre ride. I have been on FOP twice.

But I was just thinking this would be a good visual for some people. But I guess we are saying then he probably CAN'T Ride?

I was thinking the same thing. Imagine the producer cant even ride his own ride.

I have 4 FOP fast passes scheduled for Sunday night at 8:35pm and now have a schedule conflict. PM me if anyone wants to try to coordinate and pick them up.
I messaged you yesterday about these, but no reply. Are these still available?

Ugh that ride system looks very small and tight to me. I am not a tall guy (5 foot 8 Inch), but I have a belly for days (230 pounds) and big calves to carry all that weight - pretty sure i will not get to ride FOP. Now i need to think about whether I should even bother to keep my FP for it. Tough one.

@Strikan, my DH is about 6' and 300 pounds, has a big belly too - and rode FoP six times! On the first ride the CM had to give his back rest a little push but after that the CMs never had to do anything to his restraints. So don't give up your FP! FoP is an awesome ride!

@Strikan, my DH is about 6' and 300 pounds, has a big belly too - and rode FoP six times! On the first ride the CM had to give his back rest a little push but after that the CMs never had to do anything to his restraints. So don't give up your FP! FoP is an awesome ride!
I'm thinking it's more about where the weight is and how long the legs are etc. I've read about several cases where a person was 5.10' to 5.11' and not overly heavy (like around 230 pounds) and had to leave the ride. I'm definitely worried as am tall, not tiny and that test seat looks small - esp. where the back rest is. I'm hoping someone can post a video soon of the test seat in action.

We were just at AKL, tons of media in the lobby wearing Pandora badges, some had Pandora shirts as well. They were loading into buses. The weather isn't great though. There was a thunderstorm earlier and it's currently raining.

Found a picture of us wearing the glasses. We went through the whole process of riding and got evacuated 10 seconds into the ride, that's why we had that face :) As you can see all 3 of use wear glasses
18485783_10213117697082835_782581947864619538_n.jpg

We were just at AKL, tons of media in the lobby wearing Pandora badges, some had Pandora shirts as well. They were loading into buses. The weather isn't great though. There was a thunderstorm earlier and it's currently raining.
From what I've seen on social media they are at the contemporary right now for a dinner and are then heading back to Animal Kingdom.

Well that is really good to know. Thanks! I think i will keep the FP and just try it.

Coming down to the wire here and still need to decide which to FP+. How much of FOP ride experience is lost by FP-ing it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter