Official Onsite 2022 Rate Discussion Thread

What I find funny is Universal was more reasonably priced than Disney. We switched. We love it. Now I get pin codes from Disney and with increasing rates and less AP rate availability at Universal hotels I might have to go back to the mouse.
I usually can find good annual pass rates for Endless Summer, Aventura, and Cabana Bay.

But for the Deluxe Resorts? Maybe a Sunday or Monday evening. The rest of the days of the week? Maybe last minute but it seems there’s 0 chance of getting a good rate for an entire week.

We’ve already decided not to renew our annual passes because of recent price increases and lack of Deluxe Resort discounts.

Updated AP rates today!

My date in June (26-27) previously only had Portofino available for an AP rate for the 2Q rooms ($489), but today during my usual morning click on the site, I saw and booked Royal Pacific 2Q rooms for ($404).

Still not as good as what I had in Jan... but we are getting closer!

so, if you are afforded a multi day discount for longer length of stay, how do you incorporate that if you are doing a split stay

so, if you are afforded a multi day discount for longer length of stay, how do you incorporate that if you are doing a split stay
You can’t always do that, unfortunately. You’d have to see if you can keep the discount by modifying the one reservation. You can see the modified rate before completing the change.

I am staying 6 nights in June on savvy traveler at RPR. When I wanted to modify it to 5 nights and change the last night to an AP rate at Sapphire Falls, it changed my rate from $375/nt at RPR to $500-$600/nt. So, I left it alone at the savvy traveler rate. Won’t be doing a split stay, not worth it.

We’ve already decided not to renew our annual passes because of recent price increases and lack of Deluxe Resort discounts.
Seems as tho the seasonal is still in the ballpark of a few nights on PH multi day tix.
We aren’t ready to pull the plug yet. Believe the travel demand will slowly stabilize and more/better AP rates will roll out. It’s all based upon supply & demand.

playing around with the AP discount website looking for September weekend ideally. If anyone is looking at SF for tues June 21 at 189 it is there for the taking. Its very odd they offer 189 for only one day. Is this typical? or more likely due to the increased traveling of 2022?

playing around with the AP discount website looking for September weekend ideally. If anyone is looking at SF for tues June 21 at 189 it is there for the taking. Its very odd they offer 189 for only one day. Is this typical? or more likely due to the increased traveling of 2022?
SF is as low as $179. The $189 rate doesn’t seem too difficult to get for Sunday to Wednesday, depending on how flexible you are.

We already have Boulder Ridge booked for June. We are toying with SF since it’s the one Universal hotel we have not stayed at. This is why we have been watching it so closely in June.

We haven’t decided if the $189 rate is worth it. Endless Summer is available for $124, and all we plan to do is have dinner (probably offsite) and hang at the pool before heading to the Wilderness Lodge the next day.

Would love to know if people think Sapphire Falls is that much better than Endless Summer.

I’m looking for AP discounts the last week of September (Sunday through Friday) - haven’t seen any!! 😭

I don't think they've even offered rates for mid-August.
I've never had an UOAP before. I am assuming that "normal" operations are skewed due to post pandemic travel hike. Anyone comment on the past would you get an AP rate for more than one day at a time? if you call to talk with an agent is it different?

I've never had an UOAP before. I am assuming that "normal" operations are skewed due to post pandemic travel hike. Anyone comment on the past would you get an AP rate for more than one day at a time? if you call to talk with an agent is it different?
You can definitely get the AP rate for more than one day at a time but ONLY if it is available.

Not sure about the calling an agent thing - I suspect they are looking at the same "pool" of availablility, but I've always booked online.

You can definitely get the AP rate for more than one day at a time but ONLY if it is available.

Not sure about the calling an agent thing - I suspect they are looking at the same "pool" of availablility, but I've always booked online.
Thanks, that gives me hope! I guess that is the rub IF they offer them and IF you can find them and If they are even advertised. why have a benefit people cant use?

Thanks, that gives me hope! I guess that is the rub IF they offer them and IF you can find them and If they are even advertised. why have a benefit people cant use?
It has changed from the way it was for the past several years - used to be an excellent benefit - but the last 6 months or so it's really changed & not for the better, unfortunately. Even the AP rates are ridiculous now :(.

Last week I was finally able to get an AP rate for a full week in a family suite at Cabana Bay for my mid- June dates. For a few weeks I was seeing AP rates for a night or two during our week, but never the whole week. Finally at 30 days before check in, I was able to book the whole week with an AP rate but I did have to change room type (poolside exterior suite changed to interior suite) to get the rate. Also, the rate wasn't available for very long, so check often! I booked online and didn't use an agent.

Last week I was finally able to get an AP rate for a full week in a family suite at Cabana Bay for my mid- June dates. For a few weeks I was seeing AP rates for a night or two during our week, but never the whole week. Finally at 30 days before check in, I was able to book the whole week with an AP rate but I did have to change room type (poolside exterior suite changed to interior suite) to get the rate. Also, the rate wasn't available for very long, so check often! I booked online and didn't use an agent.
Thanks, this is helpful, I think I am still deciding if I need to do 2 nights cabana, 2 nights hard rock w express over a September weekend. I just cant figure out if I want to chance skipping express pass. with my luck we will either buy it and not need it, or skip it and end up wishing I had. of course if I can get 4 nights cabana bay at AP rate that might sway me. Did you have to book and then cancel? did you check daily? also looking for a family suite

poking around and found
June 17-23 Sapphire Falls APH rate $189-200 per night average before tax.
June 18-23 CBBR APH rate 165/night before tax
June 18-23 endless summer surf or dockside $138/night before tax

For our 7 night stay in Feb/23, we have rack rate booked at CB for the first 2 nights and ST rate for 5 nights at PB. So essentially you pick one or the other.

Thanks, this is helpful, I think I am still deciding if I need to do 2 nights cabana, 2 nights hard rock w express over a September weekend. I just cant figure out if I want to chance skipping express pass. with my luck we will either buy it and not need it, or skip it and end up wishing I had. of course if I can get 4 nights cabana bay at AP rate that might sway me. Did you have to book and then cancel? did you check daily? also looking for a family suite
I had been checking for AP rates daily for a few weeks. I did have to book the new AP rate interior suite room and then cancel the old Savvy Traveler rate exterior poolside suite room. My refund for the first deposit hasn't posted to my card yet and it has been 6 days. I hope I don't regret switching room types, but we did save $300 so I think it will be worth it. I know what you mean about it being tough to decide whether or not to get express passes. We opted for a longer stay without express pass.

I'm looking to book a quick, budget-friendly trip (2-3 nights tops) for my friend and I sometime in either June or August. My friend has a seasonal pass so July is out, but other than that there are very few limitations on when we can go. How would be the best (easiest) way to find the cheapest hotel prices? Would it be worth calling? I can't see any "flexible dates" option on the website.

(We have a week-long trip schedule for January 2023 so we aren't being picky about amenities for this trip. My first choice is to stay on-site, but we might pivot off-site if we can't make it work financially)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter