• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** Official OCTOBER 2021 Countdown Group - HAPPY 50th ANNIVERSARY WDW! ***

I did the same. Today was ADR day and I went with 'Ohana breakfast for departure day. Skipping dinner til the menu changes.

Saw rumor news on another site today that Ohana dinner menu will return to normal sometime this week.

Welp played hotel roulette so now we're staying at SSR for the 50th instead of the Contemporary. Just way too expensive for me now that we're going over labor day weekend for the Remy preview.

Welp played hotel roulette so now we're staying at SSR for the 50th instead of the Contemporary. Just way too expensive for me now that we're going over labor day weekend for the Remy preview.
What days did you just drop for the Contemporary?

Might have just got it - snagged Garden view for those nights. Price of Ft Wilderness + golf cart almost equals out.

will be canceling a Ft Wilderness Cabin and golf cart rental in a few hours for Sept 30- Oct 2. Msg me if you want to try to coordinate.

Last edited:

The area out in front of the train station at the MK should have something special for the 50th soon. The rose gold 50th banners have arrived, so it stands to reason this will be soon to follow.

I'll update our first posting on this thread when we get our first images of it :)

Last edited:
I'm sorry! I should've asked to update me instead of adding - I was originally at POR/Poly but had to change when they closed POR so I'm on the list twice now. Thank you!!!

Here’s my countdown activity;

View attachment 597212
AWESOME. This was a really fun build.....and it looks great in my entry way! My wife bought a small table for the entry way...I wasn't a fan of it; but she insisted she would put something nice on it....after a few weeks of it being empty; I put the castle on it and let her know I found something nice for the table. She wasn't nearly as excited as I was....I don't get it :rotfl2:.....and truthfully it has been there for over 6 months now!

Ft Wilderness Cabin reservation has been dropped for Sept 30-Oct 2; have not called to cancel the golf cart yet, will do that this afternoon.

Well....anything new? 😂

The Genie has arrived....my only question is will it be here for our October trips or not because it will slightly change our attack plan.
This Fall - way too vague!

Part of me is optimistic they’ll launch it in the coming weeks just so CMs can be trained to answer the barrage of questions from confused guests and to get people acclimated to the system while crowds are relatively low, before October.

The pessimist in me is terrified they decide to do it on 10/1 and all heck breaks loose. Stitch just having a field day lol

Part of me is optimistic they’ll launch it in the coming weeks just so CMs can be trained to answer the barrage of questions from confused guests and to get people acclimated to the system while crowds are relatively low, before October.

The pessimist in me is terrified they decide to do it on 10/1 and all heck breaks loose. Stitch just having a field day lol

I'm weird, but I feel like I understand it pretty well already. It's rather simple to me...but I plan to use other's confusion to my advantage and sneak in and book rides! I'm evil! 😂

It would be so Disney to do it 10/1…. But it is legit the worst idea ever! I’m hoping right after Labor Day or after 10/13 cause starting it on 10/1 could be a disaster not like Disney IT is all that great to begin with.

I'm weird, but I feel like I understand it pretty well already. It's rather simple to me...but I plan to use other's confusion to my advantage and sneak in and book rides! I'm evil! 😂

This is what we’re banking on too, hoping that it’s just complicated enough that the masses don’t know how it works and people who do will be golden.

I just hope it comes out sooner rather than later so the optimal strategies are worked out before we go. I think it may end up being like before where we rope drop thru early entry and start booking rides for the late morning.

I know people are infuriated and I don’t blame them but I’m actually weirdly excited to have a new system to crack. I just hope it can be done to the extent FP+ was, rather selfishly!

This is what we’re banking on too, hoping that it’s just complicated enough that the masses don’t know how it works and people who do will be golden.

I just hope it comes out sooner rather than later so the optimal strategies are worked out before we go. I think it may end up being like before where we rope drop thru early entry and start booking rides for the late morning.

I know people are infuriated and I don’t blame them but I’m actually weirdly excited to have a new system to crack. I just hope it can be done to the extent FP+ was, rather selfishly!

Exactly.

I don't love we have to pay now, but we all knew it was only a matter of time. And thankfully it's not as bad as I was fearing.

Now I must conquer it!

Well....anything new? 😂

The Genie has arrived....my only question is will it be here for our October trips or not because it will slightly change our attack plan.
This Fall - way too vague!

and Rat is goingto be Virtual Que.. blew my whole park plan out of the water- everything is so up in the air I’m like 🤷🏻‍♀️

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter