• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*** Official OCTOBER 2021 Countdown Group - HAPPY 50th ANNIVERSARY WDW! ***

I updated the listing. There were quite a few posters with not quite enough info to list. Check it out and if you see a mistake please message me.
BB code editing is baroque for me. I may use the color editor, but for now we're B&W.

Looks like mine needs to be updated to Oct 24th to Nov 2nd. Thank you!

So when we went in October 2014 about the same dates as this upcoming trip - weather was perfect, needed only a light jacket or sweater at night.
October 2017--yikes. We did go a week later (end of October/beginning Nov) but it was coooolllllddddd. They had a cold snap and there were a few days we were in jeans and jackets.

I looked at the weather for our dates for the past 3 years - hot! Soooo, either it's time for another cold snap when we go, or it's going to be hot.

I hate packing for October trips is pretty much the point of this post.

Having never been to The World in October I hadn't thought about the weather. Looks like packing will be something I have to put more thought into.

Normally it's hot/humid at the beginning, still warm at the end but less humid.
But now that I experienced that cold snap, I'm paranoid! :D

I come from Chicago, so I'll wear jeans/light jacket on plane. Maybe pack a couple sweaters, one more pair of jeans?

I bring so much clothing. I love to wear dresses/skirts, so I'll bring some of those. Obviously some shorts/tops. We are there 9 nights and sometimes I change before dinner.

I am limiting myself to 4 shoes.

I bought a luggage weight so my bag doesn't get over 50lbs!!! :D

And I finally decided, we are booked for Saratoga! Im going to try and keep it a secret until we leave since in all the years we have gone to Disney I always end up spilling the beans.
That didn't take long...already told the kids but on the bright side of things we booked flights, bought tickets and got park reservations out of the way.

Having never been to The World in October I hadn't thought about the weather. Looks like packing will be something I have to put more thought into.
Normally it's hot/humid at the beginning, still warm at the end but less humid.
But now that I experienced that cold snap, I'm paranoid! :D

I come from Chicago, so I'll wear jeans/light jacket on plane. Maybe pack a couple sweaters, one more pair of jeans?

I bring so much clothing. I love to wear dresses/skirts, so I'll bring some of those. Obviously some shorts/tops. We are there 9 nights and sometimes I change before dinner.

I am limiting myself to 4 shoes.

I bought a luggage weight so my bag doesn't get over 50lbs!!! :D

Having been in mid-late October a couple of years ago, the weather is fantastic that time of year. Mild, very little rain...I would compare it to mid-May if you’ve ever been around that time. The only day it ever really got omg hot was when we went to the Studios but I always feel like that park runs hotter than the others (even AK). Evenings were very pleasant and I remember wearing my packable Columbia rain jacket once when we were at Epcot for evening EMH because it was a bit cool. I would not go crazy packing a whole lot of cold weather clothes, just bring stuff you can layer if necessary, like a light cardigan, maybe a pair of jeans or leggings to wear under a skirt. That worked well for us on that trip.

Relatedly I am in the process of getting stuff for my birthday trip (37 days!) and tried on a bunch of sandals through Prime Wardrobe. I landed on a pair of Sanuks for the pool/around the resort and Tevas, the Tirra style. I love my cheapy Hurricanes I got on clearance down there for rainy season but the Tirra seem better with traction and support. I will just have to break them in around the house lol.

I also finally got on the Loungefly mini backpack wagon. I got this adorable one from Boxlunch, it was way cheaper than what they charge on Shop Disney and I was shocked by how much fits in it. I’ve taken it to work the last week or so and a lady on my commuter bus asked me where I got it. It’s got all my fav princesses!!

We are going the 23rd thru the 29th staying at Pop! Have our airfare booked, and parks reserved. Hubby's birthday is the 24th and we are spending the day in MK.

Having been in mid-late October a couple of years ago, the weather is fantastic that time of year. Mild, very little rain...I would compare it to mid-May if you’ve ever been around that time. The only day it ever really got omg hot was when we went to the Studios but I always feel like that park runs hotter than the others (even AK). Evenings were very pleasant and I remember wearing my packable Columbia rain jacket once when we were at Epcot for evening EMH because it was a bit cool. I would not go crazy packing a whole lot of cold weather clothes, just bring stuff you can layer if necessary, like a light cardigan, maybe a pair of jeans or leggings to wear under a skirt. That worked well for us on that trip.

Relatedly I am in the process of getting stuff for my birthday trip (37 days!) and tried on a bunch of sandals through Prime Wardrobe. I landed on a pair of Sanuks for the pool/around the resort and Tevas, the Tirra style. I love my cheapy Hurricanes I got on clearance down there for rainy season but the Tirra seem better with traction and support. I will just have to break them in around the house lol.

I also finally got on the Loungefly mini backpack wagon. I got this adorable one from Boxlunch, it was way cheaper than what they charge on Shop Disney and I was shocked by how much fits in it. I’ve taken it to work the last week or so and a lady on my commuter bus asked me where I got it. It’s got all my fav princesses!!

View attachment 569794
They really are great for the parks! It's hard not to buy a new one every time I go.

I’m ready!!!
ive been so quiet!! Sorry!! My best friend got engaged and we’ve been planning away!!! I’ve been slowly buying stuff and packing it away so DH doesn’t see it all (especially since it’s a girls trip!!)
Already got our bands and most recently purchased these!!

the castle is looking beyond beautiful.. I saw it in September last year with the new colors, and fell in love.. but with all the gold now I cannot wait!! I can’t wait for more details...
what will the schedule be that day?
Special food items?
A Halloween party?
Park hours?
Fast passes?
So many unknowns still!!!
as Of now we have MK for the 1st, EP for the 2nd.. and we are planning to attempt #4parksin1daychallenge on the 3rd!
we’ve both been many times and no better time to do it without kids and significant others!!
Now just to wait until 60 day mark so I can make some ADRs!!!!

Attachments

• EEC615FB-6037-4510-949D-65A3A3B97856.jpeg
    EEC615FB-6037-4510-949D-65A3A3B97856.jpeg
    76.8 KB · Views: 7
Can someone please update our days? October 11-18. Thank you!
Just pulled out my suitcase to start packing! We usually drive but going to fly this trip so I’m transferring all our Disney stuff from the storage bin to the suitcase.

I'm happy to update listings, please quote your last message or at least tell me OLD and NEW dates. It makes it SO much easier and keeps mistakes from happening.

List has been updated to here

Oct 21-24 at BRV, Oct 25-27 at BWV and Oct 28-30 at AKV (Kidani).
Added!
Oct. 21- Oct. 30 - kanerf - BRV/BWV/AKV (Kidani)

We are going the 23rd thru the 29th staying at Pop!
Added!
Oct. 23 - Oct. 29 - littlejessmarie - POP

Can someone please update our days? October 11-18. Thank you!
Updated!

Making a quick backup.
For those who would like to be on this list, Post your Dates, your user ID and resort(s) in that order to help me add.

For those folk updating their dates or reservations, please quote your last posting and give the new dates and resorts in the same format as above.

:tink:
Sept. 21 - Oct. 3 - chinarider - CR
Sept. 23 - Oct. 5
- megveg- FW
Sept. 26 - Oct. 3
- AnnTiquity - CBR & CR
Sept. 26 - Oct. 9
- twinklebug - AKV-Jambo
Sept. 26 - Oct. 3 - ah10is - CSR
Sept. 26 - Oct. 3
- samc - POR / Poly
Sept. 27 - Oct. 10
- Aatif911 - WL
Sept. 28 - Oct. 3
- j2thomason - POP
Sept. 28 - Oct. 3
- Slapshot1188 - Swan
Sept. 28 - Oct. 8
- louey - YC
Sept. 29 - Oct. 2
- merfsko - CR
Sept. 29 - Oct. 4
- smcilwain - POP
Sept. 30 - Oct. 2
- Eeyore daily - CR
Sept. 30 - Oct. 3
- ChimneyJim - Poly
Sept. 30 - Oct. 3
- Eeyore daily - ASM
Sept. 30 - Oct. 3
- Rick195275 - SSR / BLT
Sept. 30 - Oct. 3
- NJlauren - CR
Sept. 30 - Oct. 4
- wannabee - Poly
Sept. 30 - Oct. 4
- crazy4wdw - CR
Sept. 30 - Oct. 4
- sapphirerose915 - ???
Sept. 30 - Oct. 5 - CruellaNY - WL
Sept. 30 - Oct. 5
- Will C - Riviera
Sept. 30 - Oct. 6
- buzzrelly - PVB
Sept. 30 - Oct. 6
- csmith1004 - All Star / CR
Sept. 30 - Oct. 6
- TISHLOVESDISNEY - BLT
Sept. 30 - Oct. 7
- crazy4wdw - CR & BC
Sept. 30 - Oct. 8
- dachsie - POP
Sept. 30 - Oct. 8
- sdchickie - POP/timeshare
Sept. 30 - Oct. 14 - kylenne - CR & Poly
Oct. 3 - Oct. 9
- Jimmy Mouse - Riviera
Oct. 4 - Oct. 16
- Jdog - offsite
Oct. 5 - Oct. 16 - StageTek - ASM
Oct. 6 - Oct. 8
- buzzrelly - BLT
Oct. 6 - Oct. 12
- shb5007 - AoA
Oct. 7 - Oct. 9
- Tribalmom - Swan
Oct. 7 - Oct. 11
- Angeliki19 - AKV-Kidani
Oct. 7 - Oct. 11
- Ngwira - GF
Oct. 7 - Oct. 11
- srauseo - YC
Oct. 8 - Oct. 11
- coloredimage - CR
Oct. 9 - Oct. 16
- AZMouseMom - POP
Oct. 9 - Oct. 16
- vivianmarie244 - OKW
Oct. 9 - Oct. 17 - Meglen - AKL Jambo
Oct. 10 - Oct. 15
- karen4546 - Riviera
Oct. 11 - Oct. 15
- MatchaQueen - Poly
Oct. 11 - Oct. 17
- Angeliki19 - Poly
Oct. 11 - Oct. 18
- McMonsters - SSR
Oct. 11 - Oct. 19
- bower007 - offsite
Oct. 12 - Oct. 17 - menotyou21 - offsite (Hilton LBV Palace)
Oct. 12 - Oct. 23 - bookgirl2632 - POP/ YC
Oct. 13 - Oct. 24
- Megan Havard - YC
Oct. 14 - Oct. 18
- lcc2 - Poly
Oct. 15 - Oct. 23
- FRANKTSJR - ??
Oct. 16 - Oct. 24 - crazyventures - BLT
Oct. 17 - Oct. 26
- hogwartsdropout - CC
Oct. 19 - Oct. 21
- pinkxray - FW - cabin
Oct. 19 - Oct. 28
- YesterDark - AoA
Oct. 20 - Oct. 29
- Farro - CST - Gran Destino
Oct. 21- Oct. 30 - kanerf - BRV/BWV/AKV-Kidani
Oct. 23 - Oct. 29 - littlejessmarie - POP
Oct. 23 - Oct. 30
- Pixie Dust Provisions - CR
Oct. 23 - Nov. 6
- one_cat - BWV
Oct. 24 - Oct. 29
- Disneyliscious - FW
Oct. 24 - Oct. 29
- Wood Nymph - BC
Oct. 24 - Oct. 31
- cruisefortibet - AoA / Poly
Oct. 24 - Nov. 2
- storey13 - CC
Oct. 24 - Nov. 7
- DisneyFanJenn - offsite
Oct. 25 - ?? - Three cats - FW - cabin
Oct. 29 - Nov. 6
- Gypsybear - ??
Oct. 30 - Nov. 7 - mktink626 - BWV
Oct. 30 - Nov. 8
- monica9 - AoA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter