*~*~*Official October 2015 Thread!*~*~*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Currently booked Oct 20-Nov 9th at AoA! Add me to the list, I am READYYYY!! Cant even wait for park hours and the big thing Im waiting for is MNSSHP tix and MVMCP tix!

RCI approved our request!!! So it's now FINALLY offical! We will be staying at the Wyndham Bonnet Creek from October 11-18. SO EXCITED!!! :yay: I think we may add on a day at the beginning of the trip and spend 1 night at the all-star movie resort as well.

Question for those who have traveled in October before... What's the weather like? Will it still be warm enough to swim? Should we plan to pack shorts or long pants or a combo of both?

We go every October, usually in the first two weeks. It's usually pretty warm. We never even pack jackets anymore (except for rain). A few years ago it was extra hot when we went (around 100 every day) and even the locals were complaining :) I would say expect daytime highs around 90 in the early part of the month, and in the 80's the latter part of the month.

As for swimming, the pools are heated so we swim year round :) In fact, we even went swimming during our December trip a few years ago when the highs were only around 70. October is a fabulous time to go with beautiful weather!

Question for those who have traveled in October before... What's the weather like? Will it still be warm enough to swim? Should we plan to pack shorts or long pants or a combo of both?

This will be our forth time in October - it's always been warm enough to swim :) When we went at the beginning of October, it was super hot, and did rain a bit every day. When we went the last week of Oct, it was warm, but not hot - and maybe sprinkled once?

I called today and added a day at the beginning of our stay! We will be checking in on the 9th instead of the 10th! I'm so excited! Hoping for a discount of any kind but either way we are still going!

I booked my trip last night. Dates aren't set in stone. I'm actually counting on me adjusting it a day when the discounts get released. So what I booked is what I want. 10/24 - 11/01 at pofq. I know I'll probably need to change the date and I'll need to change resorts as well. I booked what I wanted in case for some crazy reason there are no discounts for the last week of October. I am soooo ready for this trip. Just my dbf and I on our first trip together just the two of us. The hard part is trying to come up with restaurants. Ltt was on the list but that's out now. My list was pretty short as it is. I'm also pretty excited because we usually go in June or July so hopefully the end of October won't have 100 days like our last trip.

Does anyone have any sense of how the Downtown Disney construction will be in October 2015? We were thinking about visiting Disney Quest, but if the parking situation on the other side of DTD is horrible due to construction, I wonder if the whole area will still be a mess and best avoided.

Please add me to the October 2015 thread! Just made my reservations today at the Beach Club, October 17 - 23, 2015! :yay:

Thanks!

Alvernon90 - we are spending 3 days at our favorite campground, Fort Wilderness, the beginning of March to specifically check out Downtown Disney (soon to be known as Disney Springs...a/k/a). We will take the bus from the Fort and will be checking out the new parking garages and other construction going on. We also will be returning in October for 10 days so we want to have some idea of how construction is coming along. I will post here again around March 4th or 5th.

Jumping ship from September - my BFF and I will be there October 1-5 with our kiddos, DS2 and her DD3. We're staying at Sports, plan on hitting up F&W and hopefully MNSSHP on the 4th. They're Disneyland experts, but this is their first trip to WDW - we're so excited!

Ok.. I promise. I will get caught up with everything tomorrow. Sorry I've been dealing with health stuff lately, but back to my normal routine now!

Jumping in! We are booked for Oct 2-10 at Pop! This will be our first trip since March 2012, so it has been way to long. Lots of changes since our last trip, so trying to get caught up on FP+ etc.

10/24-11/9 * ??? & PO Riverside * DisneyMagicMomma

We are visiting from late night Oct 24th, to early morning Nov 9th. Staying at PO Riverside from 10/28-11/8. Undecided hotel for 10/24-27 and the night of 11/8.
Traveling; myself (3rd trip), DH (2nd trip), DS (1st trip:jumping1:). Soooo excited! We will be driving from Western NY with a possible one night stay over, somewhere? If party dates stick to history, we will attend the MNSSHP on Tuesday the 27th, with some friends who live nearby.

Hey there, I am going to go back through the thread later, just jumping to say that we are going to be in The World from Oct 2-9, staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek! Can't wait to get to know you all and plan together!!!

Edited to add...
I put in a request to the fb group too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter