• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***OFFICIAL*** October 2011 - Updated 10/08/11

Leaving tomorrow morning! :banana:

I cleaned the place up, packed as much as I could, left instructions for my brother for care of the cats, took the car through a car wash, and got my mani/pedi. Now I'm just sitting back enjoying a glass of wine thinking about how awesome Disney is going to be! :cool1:

I cleaned the place up, packed as much as I could, left instructions for my brother for care of the cats, took the car through a car wash, and got my mani/pedi. Now I'm just sitting back enjoying a glass of wine thinking about how awesome Disney is going to be! :cool1:

Have fun! :goodvibes

Accuweather is now showing no rain past Tuesday. Let's hope it stays that way. :thumbsup2
Hoping this holds true!!!!

Have fun!!!!

I agree, the crowds that time a year are great!!! :) Our first fall trip (not including my honeymoon eons ago) was October 2007 and we just fell in love with that time of year. And last year we were warning my MIL ahead of time about lines (we figured because of free dining it would be crowded), but we actually walked on most of the rides. It was amazing.

We ust got back and the crowds were horrible!!! (09/30 - 10/08)

Fast passes totally dispensed by noon, crowds making it difficult to walk, 30 - 90 min wait lines for rides. I was absolutely shocked at how bad it was each afternoon.

You may want to reconsider future dates.

Four more days :banana::banana::banana::banana:

suitcases are all packed, just the last minute stuff left! DD is packing her carry on today!

we are getting very excited :woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

help fast: i am working on our Party night and I can't find the link for all the character locations could someone please post it for me.

Just wanted to check in to say 2 weeks!!!! :banana: :banana:

Sorry about the rain for everyone there! I hope the trip is worth it otherwise!! Hope it clears up soon and stays that way!!!!

Just got back from our wonderful stay & everything was BEAUTIFUL! Friends of ours are there now and are not happy about the rain so I am wishing it clears up for everyone that is there now & anyone going there soon.

What an awesome time to go though. The Food & Wine was amazing & MNSSHP was unforgettable. Wishing all of you that are still planning an OCT trip a magical time. :thumbsup2

(This may feel like Deja Vu for those on the other October thread!)

Hi Fellow DISers

I haven't been able to keep up with threads as much as I like for many weeks now, but hope everyone that has returned had a great trip and everyone going soon is having their last minute plans coming together!

For anyone that will be there the last week of October I am looking for a group of 3 to share an Illumination's Cruise on Wed Oct 26. The cost is $40 per person which includes the cruise and tip for the boat driver. (I will consider a group of 2 if I can't find a group of 3).

The Illuminations Cruise is on a 25' Tracker Pontoon that holds up to 10 guests for $346.13 (+ tip) which includes boat, driver, assorted bag snacks, and assorted soft drinks.

Illuminations are set for 9p that night so we would meet at the Yacht & Beach Club marina at 8p, finalize payment, meet with our driver, and take off for the fabulous show!

I am asking for a $20 per person deposit to be made via PayPal since I had to put a CC# down to hold the reservation. Right now the cruise is myself and DBF, fellow DISer Catira with a party of 3, and another fellow DISer with a party of 2.

Please message me if you are interested or have any questions!!

This time next week we'll be on a plane to FL. Well, that's not entirely true. The plane we'll be on is going to TX, then we get on another plane to FL. Soo excited!! I'm holding off packing the carry-ons till Monday. wednesday is mani/pedi day for DD and me. I won't pack luggage till Thursday, we don't have the extra cloths to get us through the week.

Today when DD gets out of school, we're headed to our local corn maze/pumpkin patch. Ours was on one of Travel Channels top 10 Halloween destinations shows. It's gotten to the point where we have to do mulitple trips to do everything we want. It's DL big, but it's spread out and all the attractions take at least 20 minutes to do. This will be our second time going this year. We'll get our pumpkins, ride a tram and train ride, jump in the bounce houses, and shoot pumpkins out a pumpkin blaster. We may even mine for gems if we have time.:thumbsup2
wow, that sounds amazing- so what all do they have?

So. Much. Water.

That is all. ;)
OUCH- but hope you are still having a good time nonetheless! those that brave the rain get no lines!

We ust got back and the crowds were horrible!!! (09/30 - 10/08)

Fast passes totally dispensed by noon, crowds making it difficult to walk, 30 - 90 min wait lines for rides. I was absolutely shocked at how bad it was each afternoon.

You may want to reconsider future dates.
Sorry it seemed so crowded to you- I heard many say the same about that weekend especially. I am not too worried about our dates (14-22nd)- NO FREE DINING that week first off. I know you were there during the wine and dine marathon weekend, 40th anniversary event and opening of Food & Wine- 3 major events that brought a TON of crowds in for that weekend into the week, plus free dining. The rest of October won't be nearly as bad as that, so we hope! ;);) Sorry it wasn't so magical!

Just got back from our wonderful stay & everything was BEAUTIFUL! Friends of ours are there now and are not happy about the rain so I am wishing it clears up for everyone that is there now & anyone going there soon.

What an awesome time to go though. The Food & Wine was amazing & MNSSHP was unforgettable. Wishing all of you that are still planning an OCT trip a magical time. :thumbsup2
Welcome home- so glad you had a great time! How was MNSSHP- what night did you go?

Bags are packed, 4 more work days and we are off on Friday am! I can't believe it.

And more pixie dust- i made round two for the Moms Panel! I get to see what our round two questions and video request is tomorrow. Then I have to do that before Friday too! At least I won't have to stress about it on the trip.

It's going to be a crazy week at work, so hoping it goes by fast, but then again, i have a LOT of work to get done in a short time. ugh! Why does it always happen that way???? But come Thursday at 4 or 5pm (hoping to head out early from work), i'll be officially on vacay!!!!

So excited for everyone- getting so close now and loving hearing from those of you already there!!! I've got our rain gear packed........looking a little rainy maybe for our trip, but that's okay, we will still have a good time. I might look at investing in a stroller cover now though. We dealt wit the super cold temps last early December (talking 30s - needing hats, gloves, scarves etc.), so I guess a little rain won't be that different. :rotfl: Positive attitude, right? :confused3;)

wow, that sounds amazing- so what all do they have?

Lets see if I can remember everything.

They have a kiddy play area designed for toddlers to kindergardners with two bounce houses, three jumping "pillows" (the look like the top part of a parachute streatched out and inflated), the large corn maze, a train ride, mystery tram ride, a scar crow tram ride (locals build a scar crow and the public judges them, the ones with the highest votes wins), an info about the farm tram ride, a hay ride, a tractor with cars attached ride, the pumpkin patch (they are one of the largest pumpkin distributors and thier pumpkins are sold at stores all over northern CA), country store, a monster tire pile for climbing on, gem mining, pumpkin blasters (pumpkins grown specficaly for their cannons), Haunted castle, zip line, 25ft tall rope obstical course, petting zoo, pony rides, horse rides, tricyle races. phew!! I think thats it.

In the winter time they have "christmas on the farm" with santa, riendeer, snow (real snow to sled on, not the bubble snow), ice skating, and a mile long light display that you can take the train to see or be in your own car.

So, tomorrow is "pack the carry ons" day. I still need to get one more thing (apple flavored licorice) and I have to get my homework done.

Today was really great day weather-wise. We were expecting it to still rain all day. My shoes were barely dry from yesterday! But we get to DHS just after lunch, and what is that? Is that my first FL blue sky???

YAY!!!!

We didn't have to wear our ponchos all day!! Don't get me wrong, I don't mind the rain, but I feel like I was able to see a lot more of the park today than I did at MK on Sat!

I just have to share our bit of pixie dust.

We are booked in a standard room at the All Star Music. When we got here yesterday, we discovered that we were upgraded to a, well I guess I'm going to call it a mini-suite. 1 bathroom, but it's HUGE with a seperate bedroom, kitchenette with microwave and refrigerator, pull-out couch, pull-out loveseat, and 3 TVs! I :lovestruc our room!

Another awesome thing that happened involved a cast member. We went to the Hoop-de-Doo Review last night. My daughter's shoes ended up rubbing a blister on her foot and, of course, I didn't have any bandaids with me. A cast member noticed and, saying anythingn, went and got us bandaid. It was the nicest thing and boy did my daughter appreciate it.

Bags are packed, 4 more work days and we are off on Friday am! I can't believe it.

And more pixie dust- i made round two for the Moms Panel! I get to see what our round two questions and video request is tomorrow. Then I have to do that before Friday too! At least I won't have to stress about it on the trip.

It's going to be a crazy week at work, so hoping it goes by fast, but then again, i have a LOT of work to get done in a short time. ugh! Why does it always happen that way???? But come Thursday at 4 or 5pm (hoping to head out early from work), i'll be officially on vacay!!!!

So excited for everyone- getting so close now and loving hearing from those of you already there!!! I've got our rain gear packed........looking a little rainy maybe for our trip, but that's okay, we will still have a good time. I might look at investing in a stroller cover now though. We dealt wit the super cold temps last early December (talking 30s - needing hats, gloves, scarves etc.), so I guess a little rain won't be that different. :rotfl: Positive attitude, right? :confused3;)
Congrats on making the second round!!! That is just so great.

I did invest in a new stroller cover. I went to get mine from the garage and, lo and behold, it had a tear. So, off to Babies R Us I went. Have safe travels at the end of this week.

I just have to share our bit of pixie dust.

We are booked in a standard room at the All Star Music. When we got here yesterday, we discovered that we were upgraded to a, well I guess I'm going to call it a mini-suite. 1 bathroom, but it's HUGE with a seperate bedroom, kitchenette with microwave and refrigerator, pull-out couch, pull-out loveseat, and 3 TVs! I :lovestruc our room!

Another awesome thing that happened involved a cast member. We went to the Hoop-de-Doo Review last night. My daughter's shoes ended up rubbing a blister on her foot and, of course, I didn't have any bandaids with me. A cast member noticed and, saying anythingn, went and got us bandaid. It was the nicest thing and boy did my daughter appreciate it.
Those are the family suites. What wonderful pixie dust!!! I hope the rest of your vacation is just as nice.

I AM TOTOALLY PACKED!!!!! Yes, that's right....the suitcases are done and are stacked up and ready to go. I finally got sick of worrying about forgetting to pack the socks (the last thing that needed to go in) and went out to Walmart and bought some for everyone (well, except me, I've had mine put aside for awhile).

Now I just have to double-check my list, try and get a rental car for cheaper than I'm currently booked. and work my butt off to get ready for this audit next week. Why does my inbox seem to multiple every time I turn around? :rotfl:

Have a great day!!!

can't believe it's so close 8 more sleeps (that's what the kids call going to bed). I can't even start to think about packing: first of the weather here is still in the 80's (loving it winter is long enough) so we still need all our shorts and swim suits and second I have no washer until Wednesday afternoon (see what my Wednesday afternoon and thursday morning are going to be :laundy::laundy:. Hope everybody has a great Monday.

I'm loving all the great stories from everyone's trips :) I am starting to feel the pressure... throwing a surprise 50th birthday party for my mother in law on October 29th and at 3am the next morning we have to leave for our flight! I am officially crazy. She was here this weekend and kept saying how she can't believe all the planning I'm doing for Disney. If she only knew that's only HALF of my planning going on! haha...

We've finally settled on a way to tell DS about the trip... I'm going to make a slideshow video for him to watch that morning when he gets up and then there's going to be a box full of stuff for him (Nightmare before Christmas stuffed toy, "my first airplane ride" tshirt to wear that day and an invite to MNSSHP for that night). DD is getting a box as well since she's not going with snow white shoes & an alice doll.

10 Days!

I know I mentioned that DH was really getting involved in the planning, and how unusual that was for him. It's now gone to a whole new level. He's been reading Disney blogs and reading forums. He and DSis created a spreadsheet with all the food items from F&W so that each of us could rank them from 1-3. And the funniest thing of all, he now understands and uses the Disney abbreviations like a pro. :rotfl:

He's also been talking about things we're going to do on our next trip. :yay:

After we came back from our long trip in Feb, he didn't quite say "we don't need to go back for a while because we've done almost everything" but he was pretty close to that point. And what caught him up in this trip was the food & wine, but it's clearly gone beyond just food now. He's well on his way to Disney-obsessed. :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter