***OFFICIAL*** October 2011 - Updated 10/08/11

Add us to the list :) Going for our 30th Anniversary 10/09/2011. Staying at BWV. Can't wait, first time for Food & wine and MNSSHP. Whoo HooT:cool1: Sorry leaving the 15th. :)

Think of this... just because they offered free dining doesn't mean it would have worked for you. If you have any other type of discount on part of your trip the change from discount to rack rate to get the dining may actually have cost you more.

No discounts of any kind - I've, actually, never been with a discount. Don't get me wrong - I am super excited about going and we will have a blast, I just need a little bit of a pity party.:rolleyes:

I'll just your pity party, someone on my BBC board just booked with FD and saved 1600 bux I was thrilled for her yes, but almost sick to my stomach, I also have no discounts period, and being a newbie never even knew what any of this was til I became addicted to it all, NOW it just seems unfair to leave us out :( So ya I'm over in the corner stamping my foot also, we leave at same time Oct 15-22, I played around with flights this morning and nothing came even close, let alone changing my ADR's hoping to get something similar, changing resorts even, and missing the halloween party.

I'll just your pity party, someone on my BBC board just booked with FD and saved 1600 bux I was thrilled for her yes, but almost sick to my stomach, I also have no discounts period, and being a newbie never even knew what any of this was til I became addicted to it all, NOW it just seems unfair to leave us out :( So ya I'm over in the corner stamping my foot also, we leave at same time Oct 15-22, I played around with flights this morning and nothing came even close, let alone changing my ADR's hoping to get something similar, changing resorts even, and missing the halloween party.

Bright side - no FD so all those people won't be clogging up the rest.! :thumbsup2

What day are you doing MNSSHP? We are going to be there the 18th.

No changing our dates airfare for any other time was way to expensive. But that's okay no poutting for me, I am still going to Disney.:cheer2:

I am so trying to have this attitude. I'm trying, really I am, but I just feel like I've let my family down somehow by not staying on-site. I know I haven't, but that's not the way it feels right now.

I've switched my days around a little, since we won't be able to take advantage of EMH. The only days it really effects is Saturday and Monday, which were DHS and AK days...so, I've just switched them. And I was able to log on and get a lunch reservation for 11:30am (our favorite time) at Tusker House for Saturday, so it was like fate.

*sigh* I'm going to go and play with rental cars now....oh, wait, I have actual work I am supposed to be doing. Guess I'll play with rental cars on Friday (tomorrow is payroll day). At least I can say I've started my packing.......

I got all anxious about a discount, too, then I remembered that when I booked there were no discounts and I was going anyway...even though spending the money makes me nervous. I'm glad I'll get FD for all but one day of our trip, but I wasn't counting on it...at least I hope it will, the lines are busy, even the TravelAgent Direct lines and the site keeps crashing.

I got all anxious about a discount, too, then I remembered that when I booked there were no discounts and I was going anyway...even though spending the money makes me nervous. I'm glad I'll get FD for all but one day of our trip, but I wasn't counting on it...at least I hope it will, the lines are busy, even the TravelAgent Direct lines and the site keeps crashing.

Hope you get what you want on the FD plan.... :yay:

I was up at 3:30am, just couldn't get back to sleep so I spent my time waiting for the official announcement of the black out dates, hopeing I did not fall into them but knowing I would, it is just my luck.
Like you I played around with resort/date changes and then checked flights. RT $706/2, $588/2 $468/2 we payed $440/2 plus there would be a change fee per tix of $100...............No FD for us :sad2:

I bit the bullet and made my next to last payment on our trip, just 1 more payment now of $700 would have been nice to been able to pay off our trip today had we got a FD discount but it is what it is.

76 days and I will be visiting the Mouse! :banana:

Don't panic!!! DH is still going to be Ken.:lmao: Alas, we have decided to remove the QSDP from our reservation. We both came to the conclusion that we could eat cheaper than the plan costs, but agreed to split a dessert or two a day and freely snack as we wish. I think we can definitely do it for less than the $900 or so we were going to pay. The kids were a little upset at first, but now they are on board with the new plan. I will wait awhile before I cancel it just because the phone lines may be crazy for a bit with all the deals released today. I am at total peace with the decision, and a little excited that we can now eat a meal somewhere and not have to immediately have our dessert. 3 of us eat like birds anyway, so I think it is the best decision. It will make paying off our balance MUCH less painfull-- especially since our season ticket invoice for the University of Dayton basketball games is due the same week!:eek: I go from not sending Disney $900 to sending that $900 to the U. :rolleyes:

So I am thinking I have not seen anything anywhere, would anyone who is going like to get together between Oct 19-23. Would love to get to know some of you.

So I am thinking I have not seen anything anywhere, would anyone who is going like to get together between Oct 19-23. Would love to get to know some of you.

We overlap a few days and are at POFQ, as well! :thumbsup2

We are there 15-22. I would love to meet a fellow DISer!:yay:

Don't panic!!! DH is still going to be Ken.:lmao: Alas, we have decided to remove the QSDP from our reservation. We both came to the conclusion that we could eat cheaper than the plan costs, but agreed to split a dessert or two a day and freely snack as we wish. I think we can definitely do it for less than the $900 or so we were going to pay. The kids were a little upset at first, but now they are on board with the new plan. I will wait awhile before I cancel it just because the phone lines may be crazy for a bit with all the deals released today. I am at total peace with the decision, and a little excited that we can now eat a meal somewhere and not have to immediately have our dessert. 3 of us eat like birds anyway, so I think it is the best decision. It will make paying off our balance MUCH less painfull-- especially since our season ticket invoice for the University of Dayton basketball games is due the same week!:eek: I go from not sending Disney $900 to sending that $900 to the U. :rolleyes:
That's how we feel, which is why I moved us off-site. We don't eat all that much and actually prefer to snack here and there (one adult chicken finger meal can tide us over quite well). Plus, I'll buy water at WalMart and bring it in with us; I purchased an insulated backpack a few years ago.

Would love to meet you as well! I'm there from October 20th to the 29th. I was planning to say at POR, but now we'll be at Buena Vista Suites. We will be in MK most of the day on Friday, the 21st and then over to EPCOT for Illuminations. On Sataurday, we will be at AK. Sunday is back to EPCOT.

Just let me know!!!!!

we will be at Disney between the 18 - 24 and would love to meet all you great people.:cool1:

My TA was on the phone for over 2 hours to change my reservation to get an AP rate!! She said it's never taken so long! Releasing both FD and AP rates on the same day may not have been one of their brightest moves. :rotfl:

Anyway, there was no AP rate for my original booking - nothing at AKL Jambo House at all! But for the same price, I could get a 1 BR villa at Kidani with a savannah view, so that's what she did for me! Very excited! Now DH and DD don't have to change clothes in the closet or bathroom on this trip! :yay:

While I everything else is planned and paid for, I didn't get the word from my boss until today that my time off shouldn't be problem. Now I'm officially officially going!

83 days! :woohoo:

I'd be willing to meet up with some disers... though finding time in the spreadsheet could be difficult! :lmao: We'll be there the 14-23.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter