***OFFICIAL*** October 2011 - Updated 10/08/11

Hey, Terri, as for our schedule, here it is:
21st - MK (it's tradition - we ALWAYS start in MK) until about 5ish then on to EPCOT for Illuminations and munching around World Showcase. If we can get on Soarin' when we get there, great. If not, that's ok
23rd - EPCOT.

We totally do match up! :thumbsup2 We'll be at Epcot all day on the 21st and on the 23rd until we leave for MNSSHP.

If you really want to do Soarin on the 21st, I could snag you FPs. Seriously, it's going to be a slow day in the morning but will probably pick up in the evening because of F&W. We'll be doing Soarin' first thing. But I don't ride it because I get motion sick and I don't think we're doing anything after that that will require FPs. Only real downside is that I can only get 4. Just a thought.

We'll definitely have to connect up!

My girls really want to go to Chef Mickeys....my husband really hates it there. I have it booked for our last night which I booked 6 months ago. He would rather go to Garden Grill at the Swan and Dolphin. It also has characters and the food is supposed to be really good. Friday nights are their seafood nights which means all you can eat snow crab legs which our my and my girls favorites!!! But they really want Chef Mickeys. Hubby thinks we are the adults and they do what we want....but I think we should just suck it up and go ot Chef Mickey's...what do you think?

Where did you find reviews of Garden Grill? Would love to know. I couldn't find a single one that pertained to dinner.

All I found were two random posts from a couple years ago that said the food was the worst they ever had at Disney. Of course, I suspect it varies from night to night but i'm generally suspicious of a restaurant that serves -- seafood night, southern bbq night and meditteranean night. How can one restaurant do all those things well? :confused3

Anyway, I ended up punting on the characters (there were no other character meals available for that day/time) and booking Cape May. But I would love to get a real assessment of the food at Garden Grill; it just seems like no one ever eats there.

This may help you decide - Restaurant.com offers discounted restaurant gift certificates (including many of the Disney World Swan/Dolphin hotel restaurants), plus use code WOW and get an extra 90% off already discounted certificates. Get a $25 certificate for $1! Expires 9/30/11. Click here to learn more about these certificates.

I just checked and Garden Grove IS on the list $25 cert for $15 then 90% off = $1.50 for $25 off your meal.

Thanks for posting this. I had no idea such a site existed with out having to had over all my personal info and first born child.

HA!!!! The plot thickens.....Out-Laws are planning on taking a friend also.

Back story on the friend - she is a mentally challenged woman whom they took responsibility for when her mother passed away about 5 years ago. She is worth a couple of million (yes, that is important info for the rest of the story)

So - another phone call this afternoon is when DH finds out that this friend is also now coming:rotfl: - Dh called me furious that she is now coming for a few reasons - she has outburst (tears, screaming, will fall out like a child, panic attacks....you name it) and she now it is not 2 extra people to worry about but 3....

Let me tell you - this brought me a little bit of joy (I hope God will forgive me) cause the out-laws will be so consumed with the friend that they will LEAVE ME ALONE. I will not be the target for once. :lmao:

DH thought about it for a few minutes then called his father back and said " This is OUR family vacation and I can't stop you from going to Disney, but I will NOT deal with your drama or your friend's drama and falling out while we are there, we will walk away from you and not look back at the first sign of trouble with her" (YEAH - my man grew some B***)
FIL's response was "I understand and we don't plan to spend much time with you or bother you"
DH's - "Then what was all that about spending time as a "family" while at Disney, and you saying that you wanted to see your granddaughter for what could be the last trip before you are to old"
FIL's - SPEECHLESS!!!!! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

So here is what it comes down to - they are using their friend for a free ride to Disney If she goes they can pay for everything with her CC - and it would be justified in the accountants eyes b\c she was with them. After that last phone call from DH I have a feeling they will decide not to go b\c it upset them that he was "mean" to them.

So, happy thoughts for me - If they do go - they will be consumed with the friend and I will get to watch them tiptoe around her (like I always have to do around them) - If they don't go :cool1::cool1::cool1: WIN/WIN for me.

I also think that Verizon doesn't get good service in FL (at least it WON"T while we are there - gotta LOVE that ignore button:rotfl:)

Thanks for posting this. I had no idea such a site existed with out having to had over all my personal info and first born child.

I hope it helps you - I have used it only a couple of times and loved it. And at 90% off today - good deal. You can check anywhere you are going.

Where did you find reviews of Garden Grill? Would love to know. I couldn't find a single one that pertained to dinner.

All I found were two random posts from a couple years ago that said the food was the worst they ever had at Disney. Of course, I suspect it varies from night to night but i'm generally suspicious of a restaurant that serves -- seafood night, southern bbq night and meditteranean night. How can one restaurant do all those things well? :confused3

Anyway, I ended up punting on the characters (there were no other character meals available for that day/time) and booking Cape May. But I would love to get a real assessment of the food at Garden Grill; it just seems like no one ever eats there.

I have eaten there, 2 years ago (on our last trip) It was good - I don't remember anything standing out, but I know that we liked it WAY better the The Crystal Palace. We ate the Character meal there b\c my parent's are Sheraton employee's and all food is half price. We plan to eat there again this trip (the half price part doesn't hurt)

My mother passed away last week. She fought a long four year battle with cancer. She was only 66. I miss her so much:angel: We leave for Disneyworld in a week and I have lost my joy, which I know is totally normal. I just keep telling myself that she's in a better place and in no more pain. I guess I just had to get on here and read a few happy posts and try to get a little of my excitement back..I have to. My three year old grandaughter, Hannah sure is excited..she's packing as I write this:flower3: And I know my mom would want me to carry on and be happy, so Im gonna do my best!

My mother passed away last week. She fought a long four year battle with cancer. She was only 66. I miss her so much:angel: We leave for Disneyworld in a week and I have lost my joy, which I know is totally normal. I just keep telling myself that she's in a better place and in no more pain. I guess I just had to get on here and read a few happy posts and try to get a little of my excitement back..I have to. My three year old grandaughter, Hannah sure is excited..she's packing as I write this:flower3: And I know my mom would want me to carry on and be happy, so Im gonna do my best!

:hug::hug: I hope you have a wonderful time.

We'll be a week behind you, but it looks like we are coming from the same place! I see you are from Music City - we are in Franklin. How long are you staying and where are you going to hang your hat?:goodvibes

I have officially begun packing! :cool1:

I have had a Disney box going for a while, but it was just a place to throw things as I got them. I now have 4 suitcases laid out and there are things in them!:lmao:

DH thinks I may have lost my mind.:eek: I have a list of what is in each suitcase - is that a bit much?:rolleyes1:lmao: Seriously, when I start packing early, I forget what I have and where it is! I have to have some method of keeping myself organized, so - list.:rolleyes: I am, also, making sure that there is at least one outfit for each person in each suitcase - just in case one or more is lost by the airline.

I went over the plan with the family tonight - I have the park days laid out for the most part, but there is plenty of wiggle room toward the end of the week for changing things up.:thumbsup2

So excited!:banana::banana::banana:

Posting on both Oct. threads

:hug: you go to Disney and enjoy that baby while you are there. Your mom will be sending you pixie dust the whole trip.

I am so sorry about your losing you mom :hug: as hard as it is, you need to still go and make some happy memories for you and your granddaughter.

we went to DLR only a few weeks after my dad died from Alzheimers in 2003, it was a trip he always wanted to do with the grandkids but never got the chance.

I also took my daughter to DLR about 4 months after my husband died in 2010....both times we took our time to slow down and enjoy the park and thought of them and all the happy memories we had of them.

I am so so sorry for your loss. No amount of time can prepare you for how you will feel. My thoughts are with you and your family during this very difficult time. Take strength in knowing she is pain free and happy watching over you now. :hug:

Good morning all! Wanted to check in quickly on the phone before starting the day. We pick up our Mickey Mail today!! :banana: !!!

Figmentswife, I'm glad this out-law experience may work out after all! I always love hearing how "God-loving" people are so manipulative and awful to others. I have neighbors like that. Do unto others, you know?

For those asking about the Garden Grill, you're probably aware since the coupon sites are a-flying, but they don't accept the dining plan. I think that's why you don't hear as much about them. I've always read they were a hidden gem, though, as far as character meals go.

Ok, 3 weeks from tomorrow!!!!!!!! :yay: Have a great Saturday everyone!

Realized I put Garden Grill in my post...supposed to be Garden Grove. Anyhoo...we have a 25$ gift certificate for it from Restaurant.com. As for reviews..I don't really know. My husband was looking into it. When I look on tripadvisor the reviews are terrible:confused:

Not sure what we are going to do. Right now I have both reservations...I am kind of hoping I find a last minute chef mickey ressie on another day and then we can do both and make everyone happy...fat chance I know;)

Cooper..I am sorry about your mom. Have a wonderful trip.

Realized I put Garden Grill in my post...supposed to be Garden Grove. Anyhoo...we have a 25$ gift certificate for it from Restaurant.com. As for reviews..I don't really know. My husband was looking into it. When I look on tripadvisor the reviews are terrible:confused:

Not sure what we are going to do. Right now I have both reservations...I am kind of hoping I find a last minute chef mickey ressie on another day and then we can do both and make everyone happy...fat chance I know;)

Cooper..I am sorry about your mom. Have a wonderful trip.

Ha! I think I did the same! Oh well. We knew what you were talking about! If you decide to go, let us know how it is!

Coopers: I am so very sorry for your loss. I cannot even imagine what it must be like for you. I hope you can still find some joy in the magic of Disney. And I for one, am pretty proud that this is the place you come to try and relieve your grief.

On a lighter note: OMG I will be on a plane in 6 days. I've got all of my "beauty" appointments lined up for after work this week. We are supposed to be cleaning the house today to get it "mom-ready" however DBF is still sleeping.

We did go to the new Cirque du Soleil show that's started here in LA. It's called Iris and I was completely blown away. It was so spectacular. I think they said it will be running here for quite a while, so if any of you make it out this way (and want a break from DLR of course), I highly recommend it.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Hello! We are from White House, Tn. We will be staying at Pop 10/8-10-14. Thanks for posting. Have a great time also!!

im4kycats said:
:hug::hug: I hope you have a wonderful time.

We'll be a week behind you, but it looks like we are coming from the same place! I see you are from Music City - we are in Franklin. How long are you staying and where are you going to hang your hat?:goodvibes
Hello! We are from White House, Tn. We will be staying at Pop . Thanks for posting. Have a great time also!!

Cooper2006: my condolences. My step-mother (raised me since I was 12) was taken by cancer at age 44 on July 4. Time does make it better, but she is still missed.

In other news: Our pins came in today. A week ago I ordered my DS3 a Mickey Pirate lanyard (came with four pins) and a mechanical stitch pin, for my DD10 I got a mechanical Donald (her favorite, she has a bunch of pins already and DS doesn't have any). For my self I got 110th legacy pin of Huey Dewey and Louie in costumes flying on a broom. I redemded some of my movie rewards points for a Duffy bear, but that hasn't come in yet. Should be here on Monday. I plan to bring Duffy and Boo (my DS's build-a-bear) with us to WDW.

We are at the week and change mark *giggle*:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter