• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Official October 2010 Thread!!- INCLUDE YOUR DATE/RESORT IN YOUR HEADER!!

After a CM spread some Pixie Dust on us, we are going Oct. 16-23 and this year we get to stay at CBR.:wizard::cool1:

ARGGGHHHHH COME ON DECEMBER!!! 17 weeks to go!! Here we come POR!! Never stayed at this resort and we are looking forward to it. Have Son's 12th birthday, our 11th Aniversary, and our frineds honeymoon/1st time!! Very excited to be coming!:cool1:

ARGGGHHHHH COME ON DECEMBER!!! 17 weeks to go!! Here we come POR!! Never stayed at this resort and we are looking forward to it. Have Son's 12th birthday, our 11th Aniversary, and our frineds honeymoon/1st time!! Very excited to be coming!:cool1:

Sounds like a great trip and many celebrations!
:dance3:

I just called Disney to inquire about doing a split stay and was able to get us booked for the last 2 nights of our stay at AKL with a Savanna view. Then, we were able to use a code to get a $300 gift card for our 5 night stay at POR. So, for only $118.12 more than our original 7 night stay at POR, we're getting 2 nights at a deluxe!!! Now I REALLY can't wait for October to get here! :banana::banana::banana:

Kind of a last minute decision to take advantage of the free dining. My daughter, my ex and I will be headed on our second trip to DW. We went for the quick service plan since at this point table service seating will be at a premium. Looking forward to another trip. :thumbsup2

I just called Disney to inquire about doing a split stay and was able to get us booked for the last 2 nights of our stay at AKL with a Savanna view. Then, we were able to use a code to get a $300 gift card for our 5 night stay at POR. So, for only $118.12 more than our original 7 night stay at POR, we're getting 2 nights at a deluxe!!! Now I REALLY can't wait for October to get here! :banana::banana::banana:

What a great deal you got, I know you are going to love AKL, it is my favorite.:goodvibes:love:

Kind of a last minute decision to take advantage of the free dining. My daughter, my ex and I will be headed on our second trip to DW. We went for the quick service plan since at this point table service seating will be at a premium. Looking forward to another trip. :thumbsup2

Congrats on your second trip.... It becomes addictive.:eek:

Going Oct 9-16 and staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge! Can't wait!!! :cool1:

We just changed our resort to Polynesian! :cool1: Never stayed there befor and I'm so excited. That 40% discount is fantastic and was better then the free dining pin I originally booked with. :banana:

We just changed our resort to Polynesian! :cool1: Never stayed there befor and I'm so excited. That 40% discount is fantastic and was better then the free dining pin I originally booked with. :banana:

Thats good to hear!!! I had already used the 40% and kept asking in the back of my mind which deal is better.. We will be at the Poly for our first time oct 7-11!!

Thats good to hear!!! I had already used the 40% and kept asking in the back of my mind which deal is better.. We will be at the Poly for our first time oct 7-11!!

Im right behind you! Going the 14 - 24.

Im surprising my daughter (6). Our flight is at 4, so I plan on picking her up at school at noon and telling her then! Im also thinking of telling her I have a Dr appointment and need her to come with me because I wont be back in time to get her off the bus...then just drive to the airport.

If anyone else has a great suggestion..please feel free to share! My ideas are pretty lame!

Im right behind you! Going the 14 - 24.

Im surprising my daughter (6). Our flight is at 4, so I plan on picking her up at school at noon and telling her then! Im also thinking of telling her I have a Dr appointment and need her to come with me because I wont be back in time to get her off the bus...then just drive to the airport.

If anyone else has a great suggestion..please feel free to share! My ideas are pretty lame!

Do you have any ADR's, you could always tell her that you have a special dinner planned and then it just happens to be at WDW....

That way you are still telling the truth.

I know it might sounds crazy but I try very hard to never out right lie, like going to the Dr. This way you are doing what you said, and still making it a surprise.

Do you have any ADR's, you could always tell her that you have a special dinner planned and then it just happens to be at WDW....

That way you are still telling the truth.

I know it might sounds crazy but I try very hard to never out right lie, like going to the Dr. This way you are doing what you said, and still making it a surprise.

Wow..never thought of it that way. No, I dont want to lie to my daughter (or anyone else!!). Our flight doesnt get into MCO until after 7, then we are picking up a car/luggage etc. We are staying off site the first night (DTD). Im thinking we wont even get there until 8:30 - 9:00pm. I think we may just grab something to eat at the airport, that way we are not eating too late. The next morning we are checking into our Disney Resort and our first ADR is at noon! (I thought if our room was not ready, then we could have lunch and hopefully it would be ready by the time we return).

If I tell her we are having dinner somewhere special, she'll ask "Where" until I tell her. Maybe I should just tell her when I pick her up at school. :confused3

Girls weekend with my best friend... Sept 30th - Oct 3rd... Staying at The Boarwalk Inn! :banana: Only 42 Days to go!!

Hey there fellow October Stayers!

Me and my BF are going to be staying at AKL Club Level and it is his first trip! We have reservations everywhere, going to Sunrise Safari, MNSSHP, La Nouba, Golf for him at The Palms, Spa treatment for me at GFR and I think that I am getting engaged while down there! :lovestruc

So many exciting things and it is so great reading about others excitement and good to know that I'm not the only person who can't stop talking about their trip.

Please give me any tips you can and hope to maybe run into a few of you at the parks or resort. We got a great deal off our resort price using pin and now we have enough spending to add anything else that we want. Any suggestions??

Hey there fellow October Stayers!

Me and my BF are going to be staying at AKL Club Level and it is his first trip! We have reservations everywhere, going to Sunrise Safari, MNSSHP, La Nouba, Golf for him at The Palms, Spa treatment for me at GFR and I think that I am getting engaged while down there! :lovestruc

So many exciting things and it is so great reading about others excitement and good to know that I'm not the only person who can't stop talking about their trip.

Please give me any tips you can and hope to maybe run into a few of you at the parks or resort. We got a great deal off our resort price using pin and now we have enough spending to add anything else that we want. Any suggestions??

Congratulations on everything and since it is the place that dreams come true, maybe yours will too...

Don't forget Food and Wine Festival will be going on while you are there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter