OFFICIAL October 2009 thread - LET US KNOW YOUR PTR LINK!

So I have to tell you something really silly. So a couple of days ago (the 15th) I was 30 days away for my trip.....or 1 month :confused3 whatever. So then the next day my ticker said 4 weeks and one day. Well......for whatever reason that bugged me. It made it seem like it was longer til my trip!!:laughing: So I was telling my friend at work about it......and I tell her "my ticker is wrong....today it's telling me 4 weeks and 1 day"....so then I start thinking about it and well.....it RIGHT!!! Yesterday was exactly 4 weeks and 1 day!!! Today is 4 weeks til my vacation. I have absolutely NO idea why the heck that confused me so much. I guess to me 1 month was the same as 4 weeks. But......that's not exactly true......i guess.:confused3 :rotfl: maybe i'm still confused!

But as of today..... EXACTLY 4 WEEKS!!!

:woohoo: :dance3: :woohoo: :dance3: :woohoo: :dance3: :woohoo: :dance3:

Who is dressing up for MNSSHP??

Well....I hadn't originally planned on dressing up.....but this week I did run to Wal-Mart and pick me up a witch hat and some silly eye lashes. I think I'm just going to wear some back capri's with a orange or purple top and throw the witch hat on. Nothing too much really.....but it's something! My DD is going at Silver Mist (Tinkerbell's "blueish" friend).

Who is dressing up for MNSSHP??

DS, 14 will be wearing his Jack Skellington hat and gloves from last year and he will get his face painted at the party-he did last year and they did a great job!

I think I'll just "decorate" myself in Halloween type stuff-earrings, necklace, tshirt.

BTW-
I see you are in IN-we are in KY-and we'll be there same time as you :cool1: We will be driving to Indy to fly down on Airtran.

Just 2 more weeks :banana:

Wanted to dress up, but coordinating this with 3 other people (3 other GUYS on top of that, no offense to our men on this thread!) never seemed to happen. I assume I'll wear one of my nightmare shirts and i really wanted the jack mickey ears. Guess ill just wear that.

Another day gone and still no disney mail :(

We are 2 weeks out tomorrow, I guess i'll give them another call??

To clarify i'm waiting for my voucher packet, the one with the package info, planet hollywood voucher etc. I've called twice and gotten 2 different answers. The first time said they were printed on Aug 23rd and usually ship out 21 days prior. The second CM said she saw they weren't printed yet?? If they go out 21 days out than why weren't they even printed yet?

It's so frustrating especially knowing that all of you guys have gotten yours already, there has to be some mistake going on!

Thank you all for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. I apologize for going off topic this morning but my happy mood was burst when I saw what had happened and I could not bring myself to be cheery about Disney!

Anyhoo, today I may order my groceries, I have the kids autograph pages printed, just waiting on covers and then I need to get them bound at Kinkos, still need to get ponchos for me and DH, I need to start packing..I am so not looking forward to this (I am afraid that I will see that I can't fit into last years shorts!!)

As we also plan our October trip our best friend committed suicide and was buried over the past weekend. He leaves behind a wife and three young adult children. They are our high school friends and we raised our children together including our mutual love of Disney and family trips there together. I feel your sorrow and also have not allowed myself to get excited over our trip next month. I know I need to get motivated. The worst part is that our trip is a surprise for my DH and DGD both of whom will celebrate birthdays while we are there. Now I have to tell them and hope they will have the reaction I need. My prayers for you and the family of your friend. Counting our blessings becomes even more relevant the older we get. :angel:

I'm down to one month to go!

We're already talking about booking a bounceback and maybe my parents coming along next year, and I'm starting to think about ADRs for NEXT year. hahaha. The dis has me hooked!

To clarify i'm waiting for my voucher packet, the one with the package info, planet hollywood voucher etc. I've called twice and gotten 2 different answers. The first time said they were printed on Aug 23rd and usually ship out 21 days prior. The second CM said she saw they weren't printed yet?? If they go out 21 days out than why weren't they even printed yet?
Maybe the 1st reply was for the 1st set of vouchers and, the 2nd reply for your new set to be printed to mailed? Being DIS-hopeful for you!! :goodvibes

P.S. I got TWO sets of tags and vouchers! When Disney sent out the 1st set, my DS wasn't added yet (in their system) and, when they caught up, I got a 2nd set with him included. Not to rub salt just wanted to let you know that sometimes the system is far behind.

As we also plan our October trip our best friend committed suicide and was buried over the past weekend. He leaves behind a wife and three young adult children. They are our high school friends and we raised our children together including our mutual love of Disney and family trips there together. I feel your sorrow and also have not allowed myself to get excited over our trip next month. I know I need to get motivated. The worst part is that our trip is a surprise for my DH and DGD both of whom will celebrate birthdays while we are there. Now I have to tell them and hope they will have the reaction I need. My prayers for you and the family of your friend. Counting our blessings becomes even more relevant the older we get. :angel:
My deepest sympathies and condolences to both of you on your losses. I had a wake & funeral to attend this week also. Not as tragic but, sad nonetheless. My DSIL's nana passed away and the same DSIL is going to WDW in 12 days! She NEEDS this trip, now!

13 days today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 week and 6 days!!

1 week and 6 days!!!!

1 week and 6 days!!!!

I just can't believe it!! My countdown started at like 34 weeks or something....

:banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Last night I had a dream that someone called me at 5:30am and says "where are you" Of course, I'm supposed to be at the airport at 5am I jump up, our house is completely trashed, we aren't packed and I can't find my ugly bag with all our travel info. We have five minutes before it is too late and I finally find my ugly travel bag, but it has all the travel stuff in it from the last two trips, and I cannot find any info for this one. Plus, it looks like someone has run over the bag with a car.:confused3 29 days - the dreams are just starting...:rotfl:

30 DAYS!!!!!!!! :cool1: I can't believe it, we've been counting down since 130 (you should have seen how long that countdown chain was!) :laughing:
I'm so excited that my heart is racing...how will I deal with this for another month?!?!?!?

I'm so sorry for those of you that have had loss in the past few weeks. How awful, I can't imagine. :guilty:

I had my first Disney dream the night before last.

We were waiting for the Magic Kingdom to open, and first of all teh opening show started late, so everyone was going into the park before the show started, but I made Jack wait. Then the show was cancelled. So we went in anyway. And the Magic Kingdom was all wrong and like a dirty derelicht city, and the castle was all covered up in scafflding and sheets. And Big Thunder Mountain was broken.

Whenever I dream about DIsney it's always horrible. I don;t know why my favourite place on earth can't be nice in my dreams. ???

At least it's not like before I go to Disneyland Paris and I dream every night that I'm stuck upside down on Space Mountain with my harness undone and I'm just hanging from the car in the middle of space! :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter