OFFICIAL October 2009 thread - LET US KNOW YOUR PTR LINK!

I hear you on unexpected expenses!! Not what you need before a big vacation. Our car's a/c went out, and after the mechanic inspected it we discovered that someone had hit the front of our car!! It dented in the grill, which dented the a/c condenser, which punched a hole in our radiator. We're looking at $2,000 in repairs. We're hoping our insurance will cover some of it. We have NO idea when or where it happend. In a way, I'm relieved to find out NOW and not when we were driving 1,000 miles to Orlando!!!

oh boy.... I am getting so close and how come I am falling into the pit of despair?

Washer died (budget slammer), car just cost me $200 (budget slammer), nothing packed, and a staff peer passed away and another's father passed away & work is really bad.... I needddd to go but the forces are against me. I hope this cosmic crap storm stops today but I don't think I can take it.....

(I keep chanting in my head, I have to go... I have to go....)

I hear you all on the unexpected expenses...and the untimely passing of friends. It really sucks!

I usually love my job! I am a MA in my office and the doctor that I work for wanted us to wear dress clothes..appear to be more professional, unfortunately we are stuck with a spoiled new nurse practioner that just graduate and she's been throwing a fit that we wear dress clothes and steal her thunder! so the main owner of the company had given us 2 days to come up with scrubs! I am not happy! I swear I truly wonder if she has ever worked a day in her life! We too are on limited funds and I have to get new tires for my car before we leave, and now I have to buy stupid scrubs too becuase she's a darn crybaby!

ten. more. days. that's it that's left to go for us, thank god!

we ran into the shorts issue as well, dh had me buy him some a month ago, then he finally tried them on...tooo small...thankfully i a found my receipt to return and b found some while out grocery shopping last week there was two left in his size. i snagged a pair for me today for ten bucks.

the only thing i have left is to change our money over to us funds. oh well and pack!

My best wishes to all you guys dealing with the loss of someone, and also luck to all dealing with budget issues! Hopefully you will come out of everything ok and your trip will be magical nonetheless!

I hear you all on the unexpected expenses...and the untimely passing of friends. It really sucks!

I usually love my job! I am a MA in my office and the doctor that I work for wanted us to wear dress clothes..appear to be more professional, unfortunately we are stuck with a spoiled new nurse practioner that just graduate and she's been throwing a fit that we wear dress clothes and steal her thunder! so the main owner of the company had given us 2 days to come up with scrubs! I am not happy! I swear I truly wonder if she has ever worked a day in her life! We too are on limited funds and I have to get new tires for my car before we leave, and now I have to buy stupid scrubs too becuase she's a darn crybaby!

Don't these people know you need every penny for WDW? :rolleyes1 I had to go out and get all new work clothes and shoes last month for a promotion that I got, and my raise barely made a difference on my paycheck, not like I thought . Darn those taxes!

Dis you check WalMart for scrubs? Some actually have a good selection, and cute prints. And of course the price is right.

Ok, if someone could slow down the calendar "just a bit" I'd really appreciate it! Time is moving WAY too fast for me. I've been trying with the daily goals, but somehow I feel really behind.

This week I have to get the autograph book, planner updated, and tshirts made! I hope it all just falls into place and I can then just do the little things, like decide which backpack to take. LOL!

Don't these people know you need every penny for WDW? :rolleyes1 I had to go out and get all new work clothes and shoes last month for a promotion that I got, and my raise barely made a difference on my paycheck, not like I thought . Darn those taxes!

Dis you check WalMart for scrubs? Some actually have a good selection, and cute prints. And of course the price is right.

The pants at walmart..the smalls are too big yet too short and the mediums are way to big but closer to the right length. I got some the office gave us 100 bucks I was able to get 3 pairs of pants for 70 bucks! Insane! But I figure that I will wear a plain t-shirt with them..and I spoke to the dr i work for and he said that we will be back into dress clothes before we know it..so I am hoping he is right..

The pants at walmart..the smalls are too big yet too short and the mediums are way to big but closer to the right length. I got some the office gave us 100 bucks I was able to get 3 pairs of pants for 70 bucks! Insane! But I figure that I will wear a plain t-shirt with them..and I spoke to the dr i work for and he said that we will be back into dress clothes before we know it..so I am hoping he is right..

Sad, that is such a waste of money! (if you are back in dress clothes...what will you do with the scrubs?) I hope it works out for you in the end.

Last night, I had a dream that I came into work, and there was this huge "Ode to Lou Mongello" picture collage hung on the wall. I was cracking up, but no on else in the office got it. I wasn't sure who would have done it, then Matt Hotchberg comes into the office. He was our new IT guy. Then I tried to log on and he had messed up my computer the night before and all I could access was my Disney websites. :rotfl:

Oh my goodness that's funny!

Hey! I just found this thread and wanted to say hello! DS15 and I are headed to Florida in 15 days on October 5th. His friend is coming along so there will be the three of us. We'll spend 4 days with the free Quick Service Dining at Pop Century, including a couple days at the parks and MNSSHP on the 8th. On the 9th, we are doing a 3 day RCL (unfortunately not DCL because they are in dry dock then) cruise from Port Canaveral to the Bahamas. Then we will spend the last 2 nights at Old Key West on rented points and venture to Busch Gardens Tampa, then one last day at WDW.

We are really looking forward to a nice fall break from the boys' school and to exploring the parks in October!
:dance3:

We arrive in the World on the 29th of October

I also check in on the 29th :woohoo: Did my online check in this past Saturday. Will be staying at the Pop Century, where will you all be staying at. I leave on Oct 6th, One week is just not enought to at my 2nd home.

I cannot believe that some of you are down to single digits:banana:

I finally found something I had been searching out all summer. Last night, in my hunt for disposable waterproof cameras, I found waterproof id holders that go around you neck. I have been searching for just the perfect one (DH is so picky). :thumbsup2

Goal for this week...make a list of my goals for following weeks.

My goal for this week is to get a hair cut, and to either buy jeans or a new pair of sneakers. Then i'll buy the other the following week

I also have to pick up travel sized stuff at cvs pretty soon. by next week i guess.

Good Morning everyone! Goals for today include: finish autograph book/books and start t-shirts.

DH told me last night we don't have the mini hole punch I was counting on using, so I may have to hand punch the pages. Either that or run by Staples. Not sure which option I will choose.

I hope to have pictures later tonight to show I made "some" progress today. I'm just over 2 weeks on my count down and trying not to be in panic mode, which is getting hard. I feel I have SO much to do!

Good Luck with the goals. It's all about baby-steps....at least that is what I am told!

Looks like Oct is going to be busy. Welcome to the new members who will be joining us!

Back in July I got a great code for free dining during our fall break. My dh and I had already decided we had to much stuff to do around the house and dh needed a new work truck and we just put our two older kids in braces. But I told him it was such a great deal let me put down a deposit just in case we can find a way to make it work. In the past we always take a year to pay for a Disney trips and this only gave us right at 2 months.
Well time for final payment came and I called Disney and the nice cm said we can give you a couple more weeks and then cancel just in case you change your mind. Well last week my Dad called to see if my husband would come and build a deck onto his house. He said he would pay for our Disney trip plus labor! I couldn't believe it. He knows how bad our 5 year old wants to go. SO we are offically going to Diney Oct 16-23 and staying at POP. We are so excited. Plus my husband got a truck and the things on the house list are getting done. I am so happy and can not wait. Now that I know for sure I am busting at the seams to tell the kids. But we are not telling them, we have been telling them that we would probably head to the beach so we have decided to stick with that till they see the Disney World sign.

By the way have the I told you I have the best DAD in the world :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter