***Official November 2014 thread***

Just booked my FPs this morning! :cool1: If you want A&E, I recommend getting on THE MINUTE you can. Remember, they open at midnight, Florida time. I could have reserved last night at 9pm (west coast time), but didn't get to it until 10am this morning. I know, what was I thinking! No A&E available. Not a big deal for us - 2 adults. 7DMT was available though. Nov. 2 is our MK day, so that was the only day I looked. I would also like to add, :mad: the FP reservations for EPCOT absolutely suck. Get rid of the tier system like MK and AK! (Rant done) :headache: At least you can now cancel FPs you don't want, smart move by Disney. Anyway, set your alarm for your A&E Fps!

I got on at exactly midnight and it let me pick A& E...and my other choices, I clicked next and I still didn't even get A & E....it gave me a random choice. :( I keep checking a few times a day...

I need some help please :) We are staying at AoA Nov. 14th-20th (1st time onsite). I booked through Orbitz so I'm a little nervous about my 60 day window for FP+. When I get on to FP page it only gives me the option to book 30 days out (OCT 4th). Will this adjust the closer I get to my 60 day mark? Does Disney send you a reminder that your 60 day mark is coming up? Thanks!

I need some help please :) We are staying at AoA Nov. 14th-20th (1st time onsite). I booked through Orbitz so I'm a little nervous about my 60 day window for FP+. When I get on to FP page it only gives me the option to book 30 days out (OCT 4th). Will this adjust the closer I get to my 60 day mark? Does Disney send you a reminder that your 60 day mark is coming up? Thanks!

Have you linked your resort reservation to your MDE account?

I went through Tavelocity this year (they offered a better discount than DW!) and had to call Travelocity help to get a DW reservation number to link to my MDE account. Took about an hour and a half on the phone before they were able to get me the DW reservation number (it will begin with 44). Once you have that number, link it to your MDE account so the system will know you are staying onsite.

Have you linked your resort reservation to your MDE account?

I went through Tavelocity this year (they offered a better discount than DW!) and had to call Travelocity help to get a DW reservation number to link to my MDE account. Took about an hour and a half on the phone before they were able to get me the DW reservation number (it will begin with 44). Once you have that number, link it to your MDE account so the system will know you are staying onsite.

Yeah, It is linked. I can see AofA on my reservations but when I go to Fast pass section it only showes me 30 days from now to pick from and not 60. Does yours show the 60?

We are a couple in our 60's and we've been together for three years. We are going to WDW in November to celebrate the 3rd anniversary of our first date. I know, kind of hokey, but we are really excited. We both had long marriages, long periods divorced, and found one another when we really didn't think it would ever happen... and it's been the happiest three years of our lives. All of our kids (5 between us) are happy about "us", and I am expecting my first grandchild in December, so our next trip might be with her... but meanwhile, this is an older-adults-only anniversary trip and we are SO excited. November 1-6, staying at ASMu, and going to 3 parks... if anyone has done an adults' only trip I'd love to hear tips and experiences!!!

We are a couple in our 60's and we've been together for three years. We are going to WDW in November to celebrate the 3rd anniversary of our first date. I know, kind of hokey, but we are really excited. We both had long marriages, long periods divorced, and found one another when we really didn't think it would ever happen... and it's been the happiest three years of our lives. All of our kids (5 between us) are happy about "us", and I am expecting my first grandchild in December, so our next trip might be with her... but meanwhile, this is an older-adults-only anniversary trip and we are SO excited. November 1-6, staying at ASMu, and going to 3 parks... if anyone has done an adults' only trip I'd love to hear tips and experiences!!!

Not hokey at all!! I love your story! Have an amazing trip!! :)

Going to Disney World on Nov. 20th!! My husband and I are celebrating our son's 1st Birthday!! We are overly excited and can't wait!!

We have been together for almost 15 years now, no kids, and we will be at DW for our 14th annual F&W Fest visit! As two 40-somethings we love DW, so I totally understand. Enjoy this trip as adults! :cheer2:

We like the resort pool in the morning, before the kids get crazy. Otherwise, we are kids ourselves. Loved the Kim Possible game at EP before it became Phineas and Ferb (have yet to play that one). This year we plan on trying the Pirates Adventure game in MK. Some families will take kids for afternoon naps, so that is a good park time. Some of the tours and special experiences are geared more towards adults as well, and you get to learn some cool information about the parks.

I think I find the young 20-somethings 'drinking around EP' more annoying than young kids actually, which is why we avoid EP on weekends whenever possible. Talking to the 'exchange employees' in the pavilions at EP is always interesting, too. If you avoid the 'kiddie' rides, you'll mostly not even notice all the kids. Until a stroller runs over your foot. And it's always nice to finish the night with an app and/or drink in the resort lounge too.

Changing the subject back to fastpass selections for just a minute, I talked to a cast member a little while ago who told me that there are absolutely no fastpasses available to meet Anna and Elsa during our entire stay at Disney!! I am so depressed! :( I'm still going to log on at midnight tonight to try and get mine train and some other character meet and greets but I really hope that we will still be able to meet Anna and Elsa somehow!! So sad :(

Changing the subject back to fastpass selections for just a minute, I talked to a cast member a little while ago who told me that there are absolutely no fastpasses available to meet Anna and Elsa during our entire stay at Disney!! I am so depressed! :( I'm still going to log on at midnight tonight to try and get mine train and some other character meet and greets but I really hope that we will still be able to meet Anna and Elsa somehow!! So sad :(

Don't forget there is still a standby line. If you are not there for rope drop, it appears evening wait times may be less than 2 hours.

Don't forget there is still a standby line. If you are not there for rope drop, it appears evening wait times may be less than 2 hours.

How does the standby line work?? We might try to go one morning during extra magic hours!!

How does the standby line work?? We might try to go one morning during extra magic hours!!

My understanding is it is a first come first serve, just like the rides. You may want to confirm when A&E open for your AM Magic Hour, or you may be waiting for that hour before they show up! At least you should have a decent place in line. :goodvibes

My understanding is it is a first come first serve, just like the rides. You may want to confirm when A&E open for your AM Magic Hour, or you may be waiting for that hour before they show up! At least you should have a decent place in line. :goodvibes

We were just there Monday (Labor Day) and waited 30 minutes in the standby line to meet Anna & Elsa

Can someone share the link for the Facebook group going in November? I keep using one that was posted earlier to join but it keeps telling me the content isn't available every time so I wasn't sure if it was changed or moved. Thank you!

hrt2hrtmomdeb said:
Can someone share the link for the Facebook group going in November? I keep using one that was posted earlier to join but it keeps telling me the content isn't available every time so I wasn't sure if it was changed or moved. Thank you!

For some reason the links often have problems. Try searching 2014 November Disney Trip Planning.

Does anyone know how long the resort campfires last?

If the campfire is scheduled to start around 7pm, and the Movie Under the Stars starts at 8:30pm, does the campfire last for an hour and a half? We're staying at the Poly and trying to plan our night. Thanks!

Anyone know how long to plan for TS ADR's? We have coral reef (lunch), chef mickey (breakfast), crystal palace (dinner) and h&v (breakfast)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter