***Official November 2014 thread***

I'm watching 'Disney World: behind the Magic' right now! It was on Destination America at like 6:30 am this morning! Had to DVR it!! Isn't this such a great channel to help you get your Disney fix?!

I've been a bit AWOL from the DIS lately and have spent more time on the facebook page for our group but things are going well. We extended the trip (yet again) due to being able to get flights for less than $200 each on Southwest. The upside, an extra day at the World. The downside? Our flight home leaves at 7am, which means we have to be at DME at 4am. Ouch!

So now we're going from Thursday the 20th to Thursday the 27th. I got all of our ADRs booked on Saturday and only had one challenge, which was Chef Mickey's dinner. The only time I found was for 9pm and while I didn't want to eat that late I booked it. I checked later that day and found one for 5:50pm and booked that one instead and cancelled the later one. That was kind of weird because the MDE app wouldn't let me book it and they said it was unavailable when I called. When I searched at 5:30 or 6pm it didn't show up but when I searched under "Dinner" it came up and I could book it via a browser. Regardless, I got it booked for near the time I wanted.

I also snagged a BOG for 11/26, but I'm not sure I'm going to keep it. The kids want it because of Beast. I want it because I can get a nice steak and a beer there. The wife prefers lunch there. I may give it up but I'm not sure. For now I'm hanging onto it.

Now I'm just waiting to see what develops over the summer with FP+ in peak times and how to strategize for those. DD1 keeps going back and forth on colors for her MagicBand but we have some time for that as well. The other thing to keep an eye out for is any calendar changes that might alter the recommendations of easywdw. This year we've got all of our days as the recommended days so we'll see how that works out.

Only 177 days to go!

Won't lie. Totally jealous at everyone getting BOG. I've tried since 180+10 and no dice. Enjoy it :) We really liked lunch but my eldest kiddo's one request is to meet Beast. I'll keep trying.....

I'm in the same boat! We are going 11/9-11/15 and we were online right at 6am but the site wasn't working and by the time we got through on the phone BOG was all booked. I'm not too upset because we did get everything else we wanted. Getting CRT for our dd's birthday was our #1 priority. If is the only thing she requested!

I'm in the same boat! We are going 11/9-11/15 and we were online right at 6am but the site wasn't working and by the time we got through on the phone BOG was all booked. I'm not too upset because we did get everything else we wanted. Getting CRT for our dd's birthday was our #1 priority. If is the only thing she requested!

Good luck...to us both ;) and a happy birthday to your DD! Will it be a surprise? We got CRT too (late lunch) as it's on the bucket list.

It's just so weird. I "saw" a couple posters book BOG just today for Nov 22 and 24. Pixie dust was strong on their end :)

It's official! DH and I are going November 2-8, 2014
We will be staying at POFQ, as of tonight. Will wait and see if we switch because of a RO discount. But right now I'm satisfied and happy with this choice.

We just have to make our final decision about our flights.
One option would require us to arrange transportation to and from airport.
The other option we will leave our car at the airport and come home later. I'm thinking I like that option the best.

Anyone have input on Travel Insurance? I didn't get it right now, but from what I was reading it looks like I can add it later. And I think I read there are ways to get insurance other than Disney package insurance.

A more specific question is:
I'm looking at JetBlue for flights. There is refundable and non-refundable flights. But if I remember right it also gives me an option for flight insurance for the non-refundable. What does that cover if my flight is non-refundable?

I can't believe we are going back to Disney this year. :banana:
It's been a long month of decisions and still have more to go, but at least I know where my pillow will be and which days. :)

Ok more to research. You would think by now I would have everything memorized. :lmao:

It's official! DH and I are going November 2-8, 2014 We will be staying at POFQ, as of tonight. Will wait and see if we switch because of a RO discount. But right now I'm satisfied and happy with this choice. We just have to make our final decision about our flights. One option would require us to arrange transportation to and from airport. The other option we will leave our car at the airport and come home later. I'm thinking I like that option the best. Anyone have input on Travel Insurance? I didn't get it right now, but from what I was reading it looks like I can add it later. And I think I read there are ways to get insurance other than Disney package insurance. A more specific question is: I'm looking at JetBlue for flights. There is refundable and non-refundable flights. But if I remember right it also gives me an option for flight insurance for the non-refundable. What does that cover if my flight is non-refundable? I can't believe we are going back to Disney this year. :banana: It's been a long month of decisions and still have more to go, but at least I know where my pillow will be and which days. :) Ok more to research. You would think by now I would have everything memorized. :lmao:

Woo hoo!!!! Congrats!!

Hopping onto this thread! After much nagging to DH about all things Disney I have convinced him to move our trip from next year to Nov 12-19 at CBR! All he asks for is one dinner at Biergarten with a big beer and a pretzel...great deal if you ask me!

This will be our first major family vacation (been to the beach each yr but not longer than 2 nights). DS will be 3.5 and is loving all things Disney! I can't wait to see the look on my little guy's face when he meets Mickey! He sings the MMC song all the time!

I'm watching 'Disney World: behind the Magic' right now! It was on Destination America at like 6:30 am this morning! Had to DVR it!! Isn't this such a great channel to help you get your Disney fix?!
It is coming on again; I have set my DVR. Thank you!

Hopping onto this thread! After much nagging to DH about all things Disney I have convinced him to move our trip from next year to Nov 12-19 at CBR! All he asks for is one dinner at Biergarten with a big beer and a pretzel...great deal if you ask me! This will be our first major family vacation (been to the beach each yr but not longer than 2 nights). DS will be 3.5 and is loving all things Disney! I can't wait to see the look on my little guy's face when he meets Mickey! He sings the MMC song all the time!

3.5 is a great age to go! I think age 2-5 is super "magical". Anything after that age is awesome too but in a different way.

Congrats to everyone joining the group :)

I'm thinking of adding a third leg to our trip....crazy?!?! Thoughts?

It is coming on again; I have set my DVR. Thank you!

Great!!! Happy you'll get to see it! Destination America really has so many great Disney related shows!! Monday there are 3 more coming on, starting at 9am!! Get your DVR ready and enjoy!!!!!! ;)

It's official! DH and I are going November 2-8, 2014 We will be staying at POFQ, as of tonight. Will wait and see if we switch because of a RO discount. But right now I'm satisfied and happy with this choice. We just have to make our final decision about our flights. One option would require us to arrange transportation to and from airport. The other option we will leave our car at the airport and come home later. I'm thinking I like that option the best. Anyone have input on Travel Insurance? I didn't get it right now, but from what I was reading it looks like I can add it later. And I think I read there are ways to get insurance other than Disney package insurance. A more specific question is: I'm looking at JetBlue for flights. There is refundable and non-refundable flights. But if I remember right it also gives me an option for flight insurance for the non-refundable. What does that cover if my flight is non-refundable? I can't believe we are going back to Disney this year. :banana: It's been a long month of decisions and still have more to go, but at least I know where my pillow will be and which days. :) Ok more to research. You would think by now I would have everything memorized. :lmao:
. I usually use Allianz travel insurance. I found they were pretty reasonable. You don't have to book it now, you can wait. Happy planning!

sorry for the repeat post.

. I usually use Allianz travel insurance. I found they were pretty reasonable. You don't have to book it now, you can wait. Happy planning!

I guess I need to research out the different Travel insurance options.
I know the Disney one, if I booked my flight through Disney covered air too be I need to get an understanding about the best way to go.

Thanks for giving me a name to look into.

It still hasn't sunk in that we are actually getting to go.

I'm so excited! We just booked our first christmas trip!! :) November 11-18th at the Wilderness Lodge! :) yay!!

ironically, i'm typing this while in my disney housing working as a CM haha. you never get tired of disney!

I was looking online trying to find an earlier BOG time (i have 8:05 pm) & just saw there's an 8:20 pm on 11/29 available online now. Hope someone here gets it! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter