***********Official "November 2014" thread- Come Join Us!!!! ************

We'll be there from the 8-18 at Hojos, but a little worried about crowds:confused3

If we get to the parks at opening will we be ok around Veteran's Day? DS has autism and gets frightened with crazy crowds; hoping we'll be able to maneuver the crowds and get as much as we can out of our first trip! We're WDW vets hoping to enjoy Disneyland :wave2:

We are going Nov 29-Dec 2 at the VGC.......can't wait to see all the Christmas decorations!!

I'm getting so excited for our November trip. We will be at the Disneyland Hotel the entire week of Thanksgiving, so hope to have plenty of time, even with the crowds, to see and do most everything. It will only be our second time to Disneyland, though we've been to WDW probably close to 100 times now and have made it to Disneyland Paris a couple times as well. It will be nice to try something different! Really excited for CarsLand and seeing the Christmas decorations. It is just me and DD, so we will get loads of quality time together!!!

We are heading out Nov 20-25. We'll be staying at BW Raffles and spending 3 1/2 days in the parks. We'll be heading to Legoland during that time. Then when we leave Anaheim, we'll spend 2 days at Universal, Thanksgiving in Vegas, and two nights at the Grand Canyon. DH is not a big Disney fan, so we had to throw the Grand Canyon in to get him excited. It will be a surprise trip for the kids, 15, 11, 10. We'll pick them up from school, take them home for a quick change, and then head straight to the airport. My DD is a HUGE Disney fan, so it is KILLING me not to be able to share my planning and excitement with her! Anytime I share something with DH, I can tell it really doesn't mean much to him. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!

:thumbsup2

Is there much info on any closures over this time (other than Matterhorn)? For any overlays being done etc i guess

I have looked into this and at this point, it appears that there are no other rides that are for sure to be closed during November at this point. Matterhorn is supposed to open November 12th.

And it'll be our first wedding anniversary!!

That means we can get a badge! Yay!
Congrats! How fun to celebrate your anniversary there!

I'm surprising my DGD6 with a last-minute trip! We were both feeling pretty blue about how far off our November trip is, so I worked some magic and we're going to drive down for a quick 4-day trip on July 11th. This will be the first time we completely wing it - only one dining reservation, and the rest we will make up as we go. I can't wait to tell her! :rotfl:

Oh fun! Im jealous, November feels so far away still!

We'll be there from the 8-18 at Hojos, but a little worried about crowds:confused3

If we get to the parks at opening will we be ok around Veteran's Day? DS has autism and gets frightened with crazy crowds; hoping we'll be able to maneuver the crowds and get as much as we can out of our first trip! We're WDW vets hoping to enjoy Disneyland :wave2:

I would guess Veteran's Day will be pretty busy, as well as the day before that. Apparently a lot of people will take the Monday off to make it a four day weekend. We will be there at this time too, fingers crossed it is not too crazy!

List of people going is updated as of today!

I have looked into this and at this point, it appears that there are no other rides that are for sure to be closed during November at this point. Matterhorn is supposed to open November 12th.

Congrats! How fun to celebrate your anniversary there!

I will be a very happy lady as long as BTMRR is open as we were there during it's closure last year. Should be, but still!

Fellow November travelers, it is now unclear whether Matterhorn will be down at all this fall. There is a separate Matterhorn refurb thread, but thought those of you planning on going to DLR in early November would want to know.

Hello!

I will be there from the 18th-24th, staying at HoJo.

I haven't been to Disney during the holidays since I was 7, so I am VERY excited :cool1:

Typically, how far in advance do they announce ride closures, or is it just totally random? I have a few rides on my list that I am really crossing my fingers that they won't be closed :scared: Normally I wouldn't care so much, but my boyfriend is going with me & he hasn't been since he was a kid & he hardly remembers anything so I want him to experience my "must-do's" :)

FINALLY down to 99 days! Woo hoo! What is it about getting under the 100 day mark that makes it so exciting? :banana:

Hello, all! I will be visiting DL for the first time this Nov. 21-24. Currently have reservations at BWPPI, though I'm keeping my fingers crossed for on site discounts!

My wife and daughter (9) will be going from 11/3 - 11/7. Sadly I'll be in training for work instead of at Disneyland. But, our anniversary is during this time so I'm going to try to get a babysitter and go for the Napa Rose Chef's Counter that evening. :)

PS: We are staying at the Howard Johnson which looks pretty cool.

Is anyone going the week before Thanksgiving living near the Aulani resort by any chance? :)

My husband and I will be flying out for our first trip to Disneyland and our princesses 1st birthday; Nov 2-4. Disneyland in November Disneyworld in Feb

We will be there on Thanksgiving, Nov 26 & 27! Most likely staying at the DLH where we've always stayed.

Hello!

I will be there from the 18th-24th, staying at HoJo.

I haven't been to Disney during the holidays since I was 7, so I am VERY excited :cool1:

We'll be at the HoJo the same week. So far, no closures to mention, but we are still about 3 months out. Disney probably won't release the closures for November for at least another month. Last November, Big Thunder was down, so that shouldn't be down for your visit. Anything else, you'll have to consult the Sorting Hat.

We'll be at the HoJo the same week. So far, no closures to mention, but we are still about 3 months out. Disney probably won't release the closures for November for at least another month. Last November, Big Thunder was down, so that shouldn't be down for your visit. Anything else, you'll have to consult the Sorting Hat.

I was listening to a podcast the other day that said there's a possiblity that the Matterhorn could be closed then and the boat whatever it's called could be down as well

My soon to be 18 year old daughter and I will be staying at the HoJo November 21-27 and in parks 22-26. We are SO excited, just booked airfare. My husband normally comes with us (we try to make it everyother year) but since we have a new puppy he will sacrifice his Disney trip for the sake of the pup! Last time we were there Space Mt. was closed due to safety precautions, so we can't wait to get our Space Mt. fix! I love Christmas time at Disneyland and can't wait to see IASM, the Castle, all of the decorations, the parades and the fireworks! :cheer2:

We will be at Disneyland twice in November:

November 10th to 13th - Disney's Paradise Pier Hotel
November 23rd to December 1st - Howard Johnson

Corinna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter