***Official November 2013***

:confused3 LGMHs ? Help out a Forum newbie

Lime Green Mickey Head - the DIS symbol used to identify each other on the park. They used to be Mickey-shaped paint chips you could get from Home Depot. But they don't have those anymore.

You can find ones to print out from the Creative DISign board. I'm on my iPad right now but I'll post a link when I'm at my computer.

And I keep looking at the cute pink girl pirate one. Which I need like a hole in the head. *lol*

My mom has those! Just her and my stepdad went a few years back- they were like two little kids!

The boys each have the original Mickey ears with their names from their first trip. DH has the Sorcerer Mickey hat with ears. He got me the pink princess ones with the crown and veil when we were there for my b-day in '06. I admit I wear them around the house sometimes...

They are always filling. Often, my husband and I split without a problem, to make our DP meal credits go further. Certainly kids splitting a meal would feed 2 or more, depending on their ages.

That being said, there is definitely variation in the amount of food at different QS places (and even from meal to meal at the same place). With a little research, you can go in prepared to purchase meals that are more filling when you split them. Cosmic Ray's and Flame Tree BBQ are two that come to mind. They have some meals with huge portions that are certainly easy to share.

When I went with my youngest son just the 2 of us, he was 14 and I paid out of pocket for food. After two meals of him eating part of it and telling me he was full, I would have him order, cut it in half and share it. Worked way better and then later we got snacks. The burgers themself were double the size we normally eat. So he ate the fries and I added a side salad. Worked.
Honestly I was thinking my DH and I might share a burger if they are still that big. I eat mostly salad so the shared burger would be enough. We'll have to see what his appetite is like. Maybe pack for the end of the trip the less snug pants. ;)

I may or may not own sequined Minnie ears. ;-)

I want to buy DS Pirate ears for our trip. And I keep looking at the cute pink girl pirate one. Which I need like a hole in the head. *lol*

I'll probably buy DS the glow ears though. He will love them. So I may not do the pirate ones too. It's a budget trip. Though of course it's also his birthday.

Giggles! I want to vacation with you. I have a tiara and I wore it to MK my last trip with my friend. I keep debating this time.
I will definite buy the glow ears if it appears to be worth when I'll be wherever. Not gonna plan this part out. This will be on the moment decision. I know when I come back if they do glow at home, my DS21 with Autism will love them.

I had gotten Minnie ears for my daughter with a changeable bow and my middle son a Perry cap so I was not going to get any Mickey ears, let alone $25 glow ears, figuring they may or may not wear them, although I'm sure they will love to look at them. They are SOOO tempting though, especially with my sister trying to talk me into them. I wonder how it would go over if I got them for myself only? LOL!
Hope your day is going better today.... :goodvibes

Thanks Cara. It was an up and down day that continued into today. In brief summary.....DS21 is starting to really show anxiety of me going on vacation with my husband. Seems like all we are doing to prepare him (as advised by the Autism experts) are making it worse.

Thanks for asking. :goodvibes appreciated.

MrsNesbet said:
Is anyone else freaking out about the weather? I have no idea what to bring for November weather. usually we go in sept and it's HOT!!

Everything I've read says the lows are 50s and highs are 80s. well 50 is cold and 80 is hot, so what to wear?

and we are coming from Ohio so it will be freezing here. I am packing up the summer clothes this week but wondering what to leave out???

We are in N AL, and even here Novembers are crazily unpredictable. For our 8 day trip (during which I have access to laundry facilities if needed) I plan to pack 2 pairs of long pants/jeans, 2-3 capris, and 2 pairs of shorts. Probably 1-2 long sleeve shirts, 1-2 tank tops, 4 short sleeve, and definitely a fleece hoodie. I'm waffling on whether to bring hats or gloves as long as everyone has a hoodie w/ pockets, bc sometimes I go overboard trying to pack for contingencies and we never use the stuff, but then again sometimes we do and it saves us cash. I don't want to be buying sweatshirts, pants, or jackets, but I suppose I could handle picking up a few pairs of gloves. For the boys I'm going to try to find a couple pairs of pants w/ zip-off lower legs, and for dd I'm hoping to pack mix-and-match stuff like plain short sleeve shirts and leggings to layer under dresses, tunics, and tanks. That way we can all shed layers as the day warms then put them back on as the evening cools. :-)

When I went with my youngest son just the 2 of us, he was 14 and I paid out of pocket for food. After two meals of him eating part of it and telling me he was full, I would have him order, cut it in half and share it. Worked way better and then later we got snacks. The burgers themself were double the size we normally eat. So he ate the fries and I added a side salad. Worked.
Honestly I was thinking my DH and I might share a burger if they are still that big. I eat mostly salad so the shared burger would be enough. We'll have to see what his appetite is like. Maybe pack for the end of the trip the less snug pants. ;)

Giggles! I want to vacation with you. I have a tiara and I wore it to MK my last trip with my friend. I keep debating this time.
I will definite buy the glow ears if it appears to be worth when I'll be wherever. Not gonna plan this part out. This will be on the moment decision. I know when I come back if they do glow at home, my DS21 with Autism will love them.

Thanks Cara. It was an up and down day that continued into today. In brief summary.....DS21 is starting to really show anxiety of me going on vacation with my husband. Seems like all we are doing to prepare him (as advised by the Autism experts) are making it worse.

Thanks for asking. :goodvibes appreciated.

Hope your day is better tomorrow. My boy had a rough day today too. I understand about the prepping though, and battle that decision most every day. Sometimes I feel it just builds more anxiety.
Who knows, I may break down and buy those darn Mickey glow ears too. My autism spectrum boy does loves rainbows and all things shiny and sparkly. I guess for $10 more than the the double bubble Mickey balloon (and he adores balloons too), I could have something we can bring home. It just is hard to think about when I have to multiply by 3, cause clearly they all will want one! And to be completely honest, if one of them does not wear theirs, I will!

Woohoo!!!!

Paid off balance today & now just have to wait to do online check in next week, get MB's(hopefully), do FP+ & get my Mickey Mail. That actually seems like a lot of stuff still, lol. Nov 17th can't come soon enough. :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

80 more days - sigh!

I just called member services for the Disney Magical Express a few minutes ago.

We will be buying park ticket and Amy's transfers next.

We are buying MVMCP tickets when it gets closer and we can see what the weather will be.

We will buy Photopass+ maybe 20 days out.

I still need to do the math to determine if we should buy a dining plan for our 1 night reservation (we have a 1 night studio at BLT which we added to our trip to save on airfare). We can get a dining plan on this day and use it for 2 days. Other option is Tables in Wonderland which will cover all our ADRs including those beyond what dining plan will cover. Gotta do the math but I keep checking DISBoards instead!

And now gotta add those Mickey ears to our budget- lol! The only one we had belongs to DS4 from his godmother when we went to Disneyland. I was waiting for these ears! DH may not one and DS1 may simply want one because his big brother has one. So 3 minimum - lol!

DS1 also LOVES balloons and thank God for dollar stores or those stores who gives them away for free. I don't know how many balloons we will have from this trip. This little guy can scream very loudly when he wants something and DH always gives in. Tsk, tsk!

Then I get 2 40th, 1 60th bday parties, Halloween and Thanksgiving in between! My DS4 is turning 5 on 10/28 and has requested a Paw Patrol bday party at Chuck E Cheese's last week. He said he wants to invite all 19 of his Pre-K friends!

Hi there!!
I am a November newbie!!

we are going 11/9-11/17 at CBR!!!! I can't wait.

Is anyone else freaking out about the weather? I have no idea what to bring for November weather. usually we got in sept and it's HOT!!

Everything I've read says the lows are 50s and highs are 80s. well 50 is cold and 80 is hot, so what to wear?

and we are coming from Ohio so it will be freezing here. I am packing up the summer clothes this week but wondering what to leave out???

Any weather in Florida will be warmer than Ottawa, Canada weather in November! I'll be surprised if we don't get snow before we leave:rotfl:

I still need to do the math to determine if we should buy a dining plan for our 1 night reservation (we have a 1 night studio at BLT which we added to our trip to save on airfare). We can get a dining plan on this day and use it for 2 days. Other option is Tables in Wonderland which will cover all our ADRs including those beyond what dining plan will cover. Gotta do the math but I keep checking DISBoards instead!
We did the dining plan for the first night of our stay last year (also flew in early, stayed at OKW studios 1 night before moving to a BLT 2 bedroom). We used the credits at Garden Grill, Flame Tree BBQ, and then because we share CS meals we also had credits leftover for a late-night snack at the Contempo Cafe. I think we saved over $100. That's easy to do with a dining plan one night if you plan your splurge meal around it (especially character meals/buffets where one can't share or order just apps). I can't imagine eating that much every day of our trip but it was an awesome way to kick off the trip.

Hi there!!
I am a November newbie!!

we are going 11/9-11/17 at CBR!!!! I can't wait.

Is anyone else freaking out about the weather? I have no idea what to bring for November weather. usually we got in sept and it's HOT!!

I feel the same way you do about the weather. The advice I've read has been wear layers. :confused3 If its 50s I want pants but if it gets to 80s during the afternoon I'm gonna want shorts.

I kinda feel like I need to pack two suitcases!

I love your screen name by the way :)

We are from Ohio and staying at CBR 11/9 - 11/16! We went in November 2010 and some days wore jeans and short-sleeved shirts to the parks, took a jacket for the evenings and a couple of days wore shorts....unfortunately that doesn't really help but just pack a variety!!

As we are coming all the way from bonnie Scotland I think shorts and t-shirts will be just fine for us! I have bought us each a cardigan/thin fleece top for night though and have some leggings for myself and DD that we can take to the parks and slip on at night if it gets chilly, DH says he will be fine with his cut offs. Not sure if we will need much more warmer clothing as anything over freezing is warm to us over here! :rotfl:

It seems like we should have heard some from the beginning of the month being able to do so by now...

We check in 10/31, and our Magic Band customization came up at least two weeks ago. We also have an online check-in link (too early for me!) and Fastpass+ (finally, even though there aren't as many options as I expected -- no reserved parade or fireworks seating, no BoG lunch ADR).

We've thought we had to cancel the whole trip at least three times in the last month, so you can't imagine how relieved I am that, as of last night, we're all paid off and have our MNSSHP and MVMCP tickets ordered! :cool1:

Lime Green Mickey Head - the DIS symbol used to identify each other on the park. They used to be Mickey-shaped paint chips you could get from Home Depot. But they don't have those anymore.

You can find ones to print out from the Creative DISign board. I'm on my iPad right now but I'll post a link when I'm at my computer.

I've gone to WDW a few times with a LGMH on my hat... but alas, no one ever said "HEY!! You're a DIS'er!!" So I pretty much stopped. :(

We are from Ohio and staying at CBR 11/9 - 11/16! We went in November 2010 and some days wore jeans and short-sleeved shirts to the parks, took a jacket for the evenings and a couple of days wore shorts....unfortunately that doesn't really help but just pack a variety!!

I'll add you to the first post! :welcome:

As for packing, I wear capris, so I'll be fine. And if the kids have their hoodies, they are fine with shorts. Hubby wears shorts & T-shirts all year round (yes, even while shovelling snow). As for me, I am always a bit chilly in the mornings, so I am going to wear a light long-sleeved shirt under my t-shirts instead of a hoodie. I was looking at photos from last trip and the hoodie is slipping off my shoulder and looking all frumpled. So, I'll fix that this time. I can just take off the long-sleeved shirt when I'm hot and stuff it in the bag with the camera.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter