***Official November 2013***

Only one more sleep til I can make our ADRs! Squeeeeee!

I'm in Australja so I'll have to make them online at 8pm tomorrow night, which is 6am Florida time. I think I'm all ready, but need to do some finalising today. So excited!

We have a 6 week old baby boy (our first!) who will be 7 months old when we go to Disney. He's excited about meeting Pooh at Crystal Palace! (Okay, I'm excited for him, hehee.)

Here's a quick question for the parents out there - what time would you arrange dinner with a 7 month old baby? We were thinking around 6.30ish...?!

Ooh, thanks for the advice! We're only planning to do a couple of dinner reservations that we can't do at lunchtime - like Ohana, for example. I might try and make it earlier... But really, who knows what our little boy will be like by then!

It's tricky because we can't base our whole trip around what he *might* be like in 6 months time. If he's really unsettled we could always cancel our dinner, but at the moment I think I'm just going to go ahead and plan, and hope for the best. :)

(We're from Australia so this is a big trip for us to begin with! We're also going to New York, Los Angeles and on a 3 night Disney cruise too. Yep, we're crazy! :scared: But it's exciting.)

Like skeettaffic said, it depends on you and your child. Normal "dinner time" for our kids at 6 months was around 6:30. However, I'm of the mind that you feed the kid when they're hungry. If it helps here is my story:

Not 6 months old, but at 18 months, we took our youngest, Quinn. Our first day in the parks started off at MK and then we were hopping over to Epcot for dinner at Tokyo Dining. We always let our kids eat when they are hngry (unless, of course, the reservations are within the hour....they can wait for that). But since Quinn wasn't on the dining plan, we weren't worried about it anyway because he would just eat off our plates. He ate around 4pm and we had 6pm reservations. He fell asleep on the way over and we left him asleep in the stroller next to the table for the majority of our meal. He woke up just in time for dessert. Even with all the noise and everything, he slept.

You'll be fine....no worries. Oh, and if you need to "cancel" just call Disney Dining while you're down there and they may be able to get you a reservation for a different time or even within the next couple of days. We did that once on our last trip. I forget where we were supposed to eat, but we just didn't want to sit down for dinner (we got caught up on the rides). I called about three hours before our reservation and then ended up making reservations for another restaurant for later in our trip.

I hope all this helps. And that you get all your ADRs!!!! I make mine Saturday morning. :cool1:

Our arrival day is going to be Nov 17...am i right that our ADR day will be May 21??? Someone tell me if I am wrong!:confused3:goodvibes

Like skeettaffic said, it depends on you and your child. Normal "dinner time" for our kids at 6 months was around 6:30. However, I'm of the mind that you feed the kid when they're hungry. If it helps here is my story:

Not 6 months old, but at 18 months, we took our youngest, Quinn. Our first day in the parks started off at MK and then we were hopping over to Epcot for dinner at Tokyo Dining. We always let our kids eat when they are hngry (unless, of course, the reservations are within the hour....they can wait for that). But since Quinn wasn't on the dining plan, we weren't worried about it anyway because he would just eat off our plates. He ate around 4pm and we had 6pm reservations. He fell asleep on the way over and we left him asleep in the stroller next to the table for the majority of our meal. He woke up just in time for dessert. Even with all the noise and everything, he slept.

You'll be fine....no worries. Oh, and if you need to "cancel" just call Disney Dining while you're down there and they may be able to get you a reservation for a different time or even within the next couple of days. We did that once on our last trip. I forget where we were supposed to eat, but we just didn't want to sit down for dinner (we got caught up on the rides). I called about three hours before our reservation and then ended up making reservations for another restaurant for later in our trip.

I hope all this helps. And that you get all your ADRs!!!! I make mine Saturday morning. :cool1:

Thanks so much for the advice! :thumbsup2

It will really be a case of "wait and see" for us, I think. We'll go ahead and make the reservations tomorrow and as you said, if we need to cancel them or change them while we're there, we will. Our bubba will only be 7 months so he'll be eating his own baby food anyway.

Good luck with your ADRs everybody! :woohoo:

My ADR date is coming up soon....May 14 and I'm still trying to figure out meals:( I am not trying for BOG because the menu does not look appetizing enough for my 6 year old dd....she is a VERY picky eater :)

Tomorrow is my ADR day! Yay, seems like it took forever for this day to come. Now the next 180 will take forever too!

Tomorrow is my ADR day! Yay, seems like it took forever for this day to come. Now the next 180 will take forever too!

My ADR day is Saturday!!! :goodvibes

It's been weird...I've been soooo busy this week. Monday was Quinn's dental appointment. Tuesday was another dental appointment for Quinn plus Amy's sealants (sp?). Yesterday was new comic book day and I had to run to the mall for a couple of camis. Today, Amy has her contact appointment (yup...another one....looong story). Tomorrow we see Iron Man 3. Saturday morning is my ADRs and all day Saturday is Free Comic Book Day (please visit your local story and support this great event!). And, last but not least, Sunday Kyle is participating in the Jr. Maccabi Games in Philly.

Oy!!! I am running around way too much. :yay:

mrsap said:
Anyone going for Thanksgiving? If so, where do you plan on having dinner?

I will be there for Thanksgiving. Not sure about dinner yet. Last time we were supposed to eat at Liberty Tree and when I saw the prices I couldn't do it, $200 for 4 of us to eat a turkey dinner was going to make me lose my appetite. We ended up eating at the SSR food court and had a huge platter of turkey and fixings for $8 per person and it was delicious (I'm sure it was basically the same food we would have had at LTT).
We have a 1 bedroom and are planning to go food shopping so we talked about doing it ourselves, but I'm thinking we will end up in food court again, everyone loved it!

ADR time tonight! Yay!

I'm planning on using the website to make reservations... Hopefully it's all working okay! We'll see! :)

Hi all, I'm looking for information about Southwest airlines Wanna get away tickets. has anyone used them before are there any hidden fees things I should be concerned about? thanks

Got our MVMCP tickets! Well, completed the order. I was a little annoyed....the CM said that he could only take 2 gift cards for the balance, well will shipping, I was short $1.08! So we ended up having to leave them at will-call and I will pick them up when we first arrive. He suggested the will-call at Disney Quest - anyone had any experience picking tickets up there?

I got all the ADRs we wanted! Yay! I booked online and it all went very smoothly!

Some of the times I had to change by 20 minutes or so, but that's fine. I was surprised by how many restaurants needed credit card info to hold the reservation - Le Cellier, Chef Mickey's, Crystal Palace, 'Ohana and Yachtsman Steakhouse.

Very happy! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter