***Official November 2013***

Five more days until I can make ADRs! Squee!

I'm still deciding about Le Cellier. I really, really love their cheese soup but can't decide whether it's worth 2TS credits - especially when the Food & Wine festival is on, and I could just buy little cups of it from there! But what if they don't have it?!

Oooh, the decisions! :)

I'm still deciding about Le Cellier. I really, really love their cheese soup but can't decide whether it's worth 2TS credits - especially when the Food & Wine festival is on, and I could just buy little cups of it from there! But what if they don't have it?!

We are not doing the DP this trip so all Signature places are out for us. Since F&W is going on I seriously doubt we will be too hungry any way so I am thinking Via Napoli and maybe the new place "Spiced Road Table" during Illuminations if it is open by November.

15 days until we can make ADRs...and I can't wait!! I seem to have unusual times in mind, so I'm hoping that helps with our group of 12.

I'm sure the Cheddar Cheese Soup will be available at the F&W Festival....it has been the last several years.

Hi All!

I just found and started following this thread. I'm hopeful that I can collect a bunch of great hints and tips to help me plan a great vacation for my kids (5&8) and me. A couple of years ago my (now late) husband and I told my kids that we were starting to plan a Disney vacation. So now I find myself in real need of some Disney Magic and a visit to the Happiest Place on Earth.

We will be at WDW Nov 10th - Nov 16th at AoA Finding Nemo.

I'd love to join the facebook group, but seems I need to post 10 times before I can send a PM.

I've never been to Florida in November, will the pools be warm enough to spend time playing in them?

Just how hard is it going to be to get ADRs? Should I let my kids see the options and pick where they want to go or should I just surprise them so they don't get disappointed if I can't get the ADRs for where they want to go?

Just finalized my plans for all of my ADR's!!:banana: On my Animal kingdom day I'm wanting to have breakfast at Tusker House hopefully for the earliest time slot. I just noticed that it will be an EMH day, I was hoping to stay clear of all EMH's. Since it is an AM EMH should I still try and get the earliest slot at Tusker House or maybe wait till 9 or 10 for breakfast?:confused3

Hi All!

I just found and started following this thread. I'm hopeful that I can collect a bunch of great hints and tips to help me plan a great vacation for my kids (5&8) and me. A couple of years ago my (now late) husband and I told my kids that we were starting to plan a Disney vacation. So now I find myself in real need of some Disney Magic and a visit to the Happiest Place on Earth.

We will be at WDW Nov 10th - Nov 16th at AoA Finding Nemo.

I'd love to join the facebook group, but seems I need to post 10 times before I can send a PM.

I've never been to Florida in November, will the pools be warm enough to spend time playing in them?

Just how hard is it going to be to get ADRs? Should I let my kids see the options and pick where they want to go or should I just surprise them so they don't get disappointed if I can't get the ADRs for where they want to go?
:welcome: :wave2:
First, I am so sorry for your loss. I have met many great people here on the DIS and I become close to a few. We've all had a variety of experiences and if you need a shoulder to lean on (especially mouse-ear shaped), we can be here for you. :grouphug:
We can help you as much as we can! :) I am going to send you a PM in just a few seconds.
Yes, the pools are heated, so they will be warm enough. But have the towels handy, because the temperature change from the pool to the air may be a bit drastic.
ADRs are not as hard as everyone makes out. Your 180 day mark is in about a week and a half (I think). I sit down with my family and ask them where they would like to eat. Sometimes, I help steer based on what decor I'd like to look at or what park I think we'll be in. For example, my daughter wants to eat at Coral Reef this trip; so I am making that happen. As for how hard they are to get: only two restaurants I know of completely book (or at least seem to) at 180 days. They are Le Cellier (the steakhouse in Canada) and Be Our Guest (the new restaurant in Fantasyland). Since you are staying at a Disney resort, you will be able to make all your reservations for your entire trip at 180 days from check-in. ***If you need more help with this, feel free to respond to my PM and I can try to help in more detail. :)

Just finalized my plans for all of my ADR's!!:banana: On my Animal kingdom day I'm wanting to have breakfast at Tusker House hopefully for the earliest time slot. I just noticed that it will be an EMH day, I was hoping to stay clear of all EMH's. Since it is an AM EMH should I still try and get the earliest slot at Tusker House or maybe wait till 9 or 10 for breakfast?:confused3
If it were me, I'd probably use that first hour or two of EMHs and then eat breakfast.

Thank you, FigmentChick!!!

I tried to reply to your PM but I need ten posts before I can do that too... so hopefully within the next week or two I can rack up some more post numbers ;)

Thank you, FigmentChick!!!

I tried to reply to your PM but I need ten posts before I can do that too... so hopefully within the next week or two I can rack up some more post numbers ;)

oh, s***w that!!! LOL Just make posts here....it's ok. Use each post to ask a question you'd like to know the answer to. For example, ask if we like Coral Reef. On another maybe who likes to attend EMHs and who stays away and why. Let's get your posts up there!

I do have another question on my mind...

I see a lot of advertising from Disney affiliated Travel Agents... some of which offer incentives to sign up with them. Are there any major advantages to using a Travel Agent or do most people just plan and manage their reservations themselves?

I see a lot of advertising from Disney affiliated Travel Agents... some of which offer incentives to sign up with them. Are there any major advantages to using a Travel Agent or do most people just plan and manage their reservations themselves?

Personally, I manage everything myself. But that's because I have OCD and I'm a control freak.

No. Seriously.

:lmao: I believe there are benefits to having a TA (travel agent), but I just don't see it for me and my family. If I were going to need free dining or a room discount, I could keep an eye out as well as any travel agent and call Disney to adjust my package. I get up bright and early anyway, so I don't need someone to help me with dining reservations. And I did all the research myself, so I didn't need someone to help me with where I should go when.

But as I said, it works for my family. Others may have great experiences with TAs and that's why they choose that route.

I have used a TA rarely in the past, twice to be exact but I am booked this year thru a TA. November Jersey week sees no room discounts historically and FD may or may not be an option but I was able to go thru a TA and book an agency exclusive for my trip at a very good rate at the Poly and also get my park tickets at a discount so sometimes there can be an advantage to using a TA.

Anyone know if Belle and the Beast are anywhere in the parks to meet? I know Be Our Guest isn't character and to be honest the menu is not appetizing enough for our 6 year old dd, so was just wondering if their anywhere?

Can't wait my husband and i and our 2 girls are going Nov 12-19! We are staying in a studio at OKW:) I think I am more excited then the kids!

Anyone know if Belle and the Beast are anywhere in the parks to meet? I know Be Our Guest isn't character and to be honest the menu is not appetizing enough for our 6 year old dd, so was just wondering if their anywhere?
Yes...Belle can be found in the France pavilion. Beast usually comes out and poses with her.

Can't wait my husband and i and our 2 girls are going Nov 12-19! We are staying in a studio at OKW:) I think I am more excited then the kids!
Awesome!!! I'm staying at OKW, too, but I leave on the 9th. Are you a DVC member or, like me, is it just a deluxe you decided to book?

Just found this thread and hoping to join in. My family-me, DH, DS15 and DS9 are heading to our happy place for Thanksgiving this year again! My oldest starts High School this year so trying to limit the number of days we miss of school. We will be staying in a one bedroom at SSR. We don't do the dining plan and am only planning a few ADRs. The only one I know for sure now is O'Hana for breakfast. Need some input on at least 1 dinner, anyone done Beirgarten?
We actually have another family heading down with us, getting really excited! Looking forward to planning along with everyone!

Just found this thread and hoping to join in. My family-me, DH, DS15 and DS9 are heading to our happy place for Thanksgiving this year again! My oldest starts High School this year so trying to limit the number of days we miss of school. We will be staying in a one bedroom at SSR. We don't do the dining plan and am only planning a few ADRs. The only one I know for sure now is O'Hana for breakfast. Need some input on at least 1 dinner, anyone done Beirgarten?
We actually have another family heading down with us, getting really excited! Looking forward to planning along with everyone!

Hi, cyndi!!! :welcome:

My daughter also starts high school this year. And we're limiting the days out of school by going when the NJEA convention happens. :)

We're also not doing the dining plan and only having three ADRs. We're doing O'hana, but for dinner, lunch at Tusker House and dinner at Coral Reef (for the daughter going to high school who turns 14 at the end of our vacation).

If you want to join the FB group, send me a PM with your email address or your name, location and profile pic. :wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter