***Official November 2013***

Court475 said:
We are booked! 11/23-11/28 at OKW! :)

Well be there on the 23rd then on the 24th we board the dream and return on the 27th for 4 nights. Also at okw in a grand villa

Figment Chick,
Could you add me to your thread. Going to POR on November 10th through the 16th for my 70th birthday. Would you know if they allow scooter on the boat taxis to Downtown Disney?pixiedust:

I will definitely add you to the first post!!! :welcome:

I'm not sure about the scooter access; I would assume so, but I'm just not positive. There is a POR thread I am a part of....just look me up and you'll find it. It's great and if you ask this question there, you'll have an answer in no time!!!

Court475 - got you!!! :)

I'm new to this board, but seeing that hubs and I are planning our first trip to Disney World this seemed like a good place to get advice! We have 3 princesses, and they will be 8, 8, and 6 for our first trip to Disney World! This is actually our first real honest family vacation, that we don't have another motive for visiting. :banana: DH has never been, and the last time I was there I was 13 (we won't mention how many years ago that was). We will be staying at POR since we are a family of five, and this time around we can't swing the deluxe resort.. We hope this is the first of many Disney trips. We will be arriving in Disney on Nov 15, and returning on the 20th or the 21st. Still undecided. I can't wait to get to know you better, and hear some of what you are planning as well!!

I'm new to this board, but seeing that hubs and I are planning our first trip to Disney World this seemed like a good place to get advice! We have 3 princesses, and they will be 8, 8, and 6 for our first trip to Disney World! This is actually our first real honest family vacation, that we don't have another motive for visiting. :banana: DH has never been, and the last time I was there I was 13 (we won't mention how many years ago that was). We will be staying at POR since we are a family of five, and this time around we can't swing the deluxe resort.. We hope this is the first of many Disney trips. We will be arriving in Disney on Nov 15, and returning on the 20th or the 21st. Still undecided. I can't wait to get to know you better, and hear some of what you are planning as well!!

Welcome! We took dd for the first time when she was 7. It was magical and the perfect age. Since your staying at POR, there is a wonderful website at portorleans.org with maps, pics, info, etc. The make ur own pasta bar in the food court is wonderful. With, 3 princesses, I highly recommend eating a TS at Akershus in Epcot(Norway). A picture with a princess is included and then other princesses come around and visit w/u and sign autographs. They also have a little parade thru the restaurant. You will have a wonderful time!:wave2:Christine

When I took a boat taxi from SSR to Downtown Disney, the first row was reserved for those with a handicap.I do believe there is room for a scooter.

Welcome!!! I agree with pakonos....POR is a great resort and Akershaus is wonderful for breakfast!!! We have stayed at POR our last two times. And, although it looks like I could swing a deluxe this time around, I just can't put out the extra money just to sleep. POR is perfect for us! We are a family of 5 as well (DD13, DS11.5, and DS4.8) and we fit in there just fine. Plus, it's just a really peaceful resort and the food court is great!

We always do Akershaus for breakfast. I wasn't planning on it for this trip, but my entire family (from the boys to the DD who will be celebrating her 14th b-day there to my hubby) told me "we are eating at Akershaus!". :rotfl: They enjoy the times with the princesses and the food is awesome!!! We've never done lunch or dinner there, but I am sure you can find reviews on the dining board.

Just made our initial plans for vaca. Nov 28-Dec 5 at AoA. Will change to a split stay and add one more night but need to figure out our DVC points first. But so excited to go back to AoA...we had a lot of fun there last week.

Welcome!!! I agree with pakonos....POR is a great resort and Akershaus is wonderful for breakfast!!! We have stayed at POR our last two times. And, although it looks like I could swing a deluxe this time around, I just can't put out the extra money just to sleep. POR is perfect for us! We are a family of 5 as well (DD13, DS11.5, and DS4.8) and we fit in there just fine. Plus, it's just a really peaceful resort and the food court is great!

We always do Akershaus for breakfast. I wasn't planning on it for this trip, but my entire family (from the boys to the DD who will be celebrating her 14th b-day there to my hubby) told me "we are eating at Akershaus!". :rotfl: They enjoy the times with the princesses and the food is awesome!!! We've never done lunch or dinner there, but I am sure you can find reviews on the dining board.

I just saw Akershaus! I think we will be doing breakfast our first day there! With all the Princesses they have that are there, we just can' pass it up!! I'm so excited! Thanks for all the tips. I'm very excited to be going again! party: Thanks for the warm welcome again!!

Just made our initial plans for vaca. Nov 28-Dec 5 at AoA. Will change to a split stay and add one more night but need to figure out our DVC points first. But so excited to go back to AoA...we had a lot of fun there last week.

Gotcha!!! I'll fix ya on the first post! :)

yankeesmom21 said:
@marshay
Where did you stay at AoA? I can't decide between staying there and POR!

We stayed in Lion King and loved it! In July, my Dd7 and I did POR.

AoA is just superior in my opinion, but we do like POR, too. It's just that if you like the AoA movies you will literally be living in the movies. The pool is huge and fun, plus there are quiet pools at Cars and Little Mermaid. Food court is wonderful. Gift shop is huge and has fun gifts from the movies. Just roaming around the resort is very entertaining. My girls loved it!

We loved the extra room in the suite, dining table and kitchenette. Having the second bathroom was really helpful in getting us all ready.

And the rooms are decorated beyond anything in a regular room.

We normally use our DVC points and this is as close to that as you can get without using points.

I can't believe I'm this far behind! I'm subbing in! We'll be in the World from 11/8-11/16. I'll be running the W&D Half while we're down there, and I'm ridiculously excited! :cheer2:

MsHershey said:
FB as in facebook? How did I miss this?

Yep we have a Facebook group. Send me a pm with your info and I will send a friend request and add you to the group

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter