Official MNSSHP [Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party] 2007...

SEPTEMBER: WHO'S GOING WHEN

• SEPT 14

• SEPT 21

• SEPT 28

• SEPT 30

Results are only viewable after voting.
From the pictures I have seen of MNSSHP it looks like very few people dress up. I am starting to think I may feel like a dork in my costume. Who is dressing up??

Maybe you are seeing photos from earlier parties. :confused3

I think as it gets closer to Halloween, the percentage of those who dress up will gradually increase.

We will be going on friday October 26. I have my costume ready (am wearing the same one from last year) but one of my friends doesnt have her costume ready yet. She is looking at something like a pirate or wench costume. Can't wait to get to Disney!

For those of you who have been to a 2007 MNSSHP, I have a few questions...

What characters are at the dancing parties in the park (Ariel's Grotto and the one in Tomorrowland)?

Have you seen Marie out at MNSSHP (or have any of you seen her lately in Epcot)?

Is the Beast out at MNSSHP?

I haven't completelly gone through this thread, so I apologize if these answers on some place on here! We are going on 10/31 and so looking forward to it!

What characters are at the dancing parties in the park (Ariel's Grotto and the one in Tomorrowland)?

Have you seen Marie out at MNSSHP (or have any of you seen her lately in Epcot)?

I haven't completelly gone through this thread, so I apologize if these answers on some place on here! We are going on 10/31 and so looking forward to it!

9/30 party:

At Stitch's Cosmic Danceparty, we saw Stitch in his Elvis overlay and Donald/Goofy/Pluto in their tomorrowland overlay. At around 11pm, two female Cinderella mice were at the Grotto danceparty, but I heard Chip n' Dale were there earlier in the evening.

No Marie at MNSSHP. Sorry, didn't see Beast out either.

'Com on everyone..... we need some pixie dust for the 4th!!!! pixiedust: I live about 30 mins north of WDW... and it's been nothing but rain all day!!!! :sad1: :sad: :furious: :worried: :mad: :guilty: I do hope it clears up for the 4th!!!!
I'll try to kee:grouphug: p everyone who is going the 4th appraised of the weather situation.

DH and I will be there on Oct 25th! We are so excited, its our first MNSSHP! :goodvibes

No Marie at MNSSHP. Sorry, didn't see Beast out either.

This is correct, no Marie at the Halloween Party (Try Epcot-France) and the Beast is also not out for the Party (Epcot, also in France).

From the pictures I have seen of MNSSHP it looks like very few people dress up. I am starting to think I may feel like a dork in my costume. Who is dressing up??

Don't back out of dressing up. Once you are there, you will see that a lot of people dress up too. It's fun to see the different costumes that people come up with. Even other people like it.

We went to the mnsshp on 9/21 and no rain at all, it was a lot of fun. We saw Chip and Dale real late around 10pm.

Marie was at Epcot on the 18th, she was out for about 3 mins. I would aask the info desk when you get there....

At Ariel's Grotto, it was the female mice from Cinderella...earlier it was Chip and Dale....

I didn't see the other one in Tomorrowland (they werre taking a break at 10 pm)...

And no Beast or Marie around.

Hope this helps.

We attended the rainfest on the 14th (and no, I don't blame Disney for the rain) and while we had an okay time, it wasn't what I expected, or had experienced last year (we were there on 9/15 when it also rained-but not as much) I was very disappointed in Disney's handling of the rain delays, and cancellations. The skies opened up before the first parade and I knew there wasn't any way they would be running it. And they didn't (I don't blame them-it was torential at that time.)

We ended up under a roofed area in AL for about 45 min, or longer, while the majority of the storm went through. We finally decided to make a break for it and did stumble across the face painting in AL. There wasn't anyone in line, so my DD8, DSis, and myself had ours done. Then we headed over towards HM. Well, that area was so packed that there was no way we were going to wait in that line while getting rained on. We headed over to FL, and noticed SW didn't have much of a line. The CM at the entrance said that the ride was down, and he didn't know when it would be up. We decided to wait anyway (under cover) and it started just as we got in line. That was our first ride of the night.

As we left SW, we headed over to Cinderella's carriage to see if they were taking PP yet. Nope, even though it wasn't raining at the time, and the CM there couldn't understand why he wasn't given the "go ahead" yet, they weren't taking any. We waited in line with about 20 other families (just in case) and while waiting, the time for the fireworks came. As it had started to sprinkle again, they announced that the fireworks would be delayed (This was the ONLY announcement we heard all evening). After about 15-20 min. waiting we decided to move on and see if we could, at least, get some candy.

We headed over to TT to visit the Treat Trail (I really wanted to see some unique characters) but when we arrived at TT it really started coming down again and there were no characters there. It was then that I saw Disney management taking away "the cards" costumes from the CM (I guess they didn't want them to get ruined) and leave the CMs out in the pouring rain handing out wet candy (If they had provided umbrellas for the CM, the costumes and the candy would have stayed realitively dry.) As we exited the (limited) treat trail, the Grim Grinning Ghost fireworks started! Without an announcment of any kind! We wanted to be near the castle so we could fully enjoy them but there was no way we were going to be able to get there before they ended. We ended up standing under the rocket in TL (that shoots out moisture every few mins.) while watching the FW and trying to stay as dry as possible. The FW were a HUGE disappoint that night and when I was talking to a CM a few days later who worked MNSSHP she mentioned that they didn't even shoot off the periffials (sp?). I thought they seemed less impressive. :confused3

Then we headed to Buzz to ride. Luckily the line was short. However, while on the ride it broke down and we sat in the same spot for about 15 min., or so. When we exited Buzz, my DSis (she didn't ride) was sitting by the stroller area and said she was waiting for security to arrive because she had witnessed someone stealing a stroller (they actually took out someone's backpack from the stroller and then took the non-Disney stroller!). DD and I headed over to a nearby candy stop and got a PP taken with Goofy (only 1 of 2 the entire night). When we returned, DSis was still waiting and my DM told me that she asked a CM when the parade was going to go and she said it was going right now. So DD and I hurried over to Main St. and saw the last part of the parade. We missed the start (I don't even know if Headless was there), the pirates, and the grave diggers.

By now, we were ready to head out, but DSis was still waiting for security to show up (She waited over an hour). DD was looking a little disappointed, so the 2 of us headed over to get a treat (rootbeer floats at Aunt Gravaties-2 snack credits), stopped at a candy spot (twice) and then we headed over towards the castle since I wanted to get some PP taken with the castle behind us. We were able to do this. (That made a grand total of 2 PP for the night). As we passed the castle, the Villains thingy was going on, but we needed to meet up with the rest of my family, who were now waiting for Security to talk to them at Guest Relations.

When we got there (about 30 min. after they arrived) they were still waiting in line. My DM was waiting outside and showed me the card they had been handing out about getting a free one day admission, within a year, to MK. She also mentioned that they were quite a few people in Guest Relations, asking for, and receiving full refunds.

I really debated about whether we should do this or not, but I was outvoted by the other members in my family. Since we weren't sure if we were going to be back within the one year deadline, and since we really get to do the things we expected to do, we got a refund. My DM had paid for 3 of the tix, and I had paid for DD and myself.

After DSis finished with Security we headed out. This year there wasn't a Snickers Trough where you helped yourself, but there was a Kissables station in the front with CM handing out a bag each. I did ask for an additional bag (I love Kissables) but the CM said only one per guest. :confused3 This surprised me after the disppointing night we just had.

I delayed posting about our experiences, that night, since I didn't want to subject myself to any flames. I still love Disney, but after 2 years of rainy MNSSHP, we won't be going back. I agreed to ask for a refund since there were several things I wanted to do that night, and weren't able to do. They were:

Ride rides-only rode 2 and one broke down while we were on it.
Watch GGG fireworks-Since Disney failed to make an announcment that the fireworks would be starting, we weren't able to watch the fw from a good viewing area.
See the Headless Horseman and the Boo to You parade.-we only were able to see part of it, again since Disney failed to make an announcement of it starting.
Get as many PP taken as possible (I'm in a CD sharing group) only got 2. They were the only 2 I saw all night.
Get lots of candy-we did get a fair amout of candy (5 trick or treaters) however, the selection wasn't as good as last year and about 1/2 of the candy was too wet too eat.

It was because of the reasons mentioned above, and Disney's failure to let us know the revised schedules, that I asked for a refund. They gave it willingly, by the way.

Please, don't flame me, as this was my experience. Yours may have been different. Oh, and by the way, my DSis spent at least 1 1/2 hrs. reporting the stolen stroller. For this they gave us 3 group FP :confused3 for the next day to use at Epcot. Since Epcot wasn't busy, we only ended up using 2.

We had a great time on Sept 28th (Not to rub it into the Sept 14 crowd;) ).

My only disappointment was that I wanted a pic by the Doom Buggie where they add the ghost driver. I was told they weren't doing it this year due to the fact that since the HM renovation, there wasn't enough room for a photo queue with the expanded ride queuing area. :(

We checked several times, just in case, but no photo pass people around for it at all....

just bought tickets for the 31st,

im disapointed in the candy reports, not so much with not getting as much as with hearing the cm's are being stingy to certain people like older kids and adults. I go for the fun of trick or treating, I hope disney reads this thread and sees that we NEED CANDY lol:)

I usually do 3 or 4 mnsshp's, not sure if im doing that many this year though.
I remember in 2001 it only cost 26 dollars and they only had a few parties,

times have changed lol

Has anyone had a rain free, fun filled night at MNSSHP? WE are going on the 14th but all the trip reports seem pretty grim. Just looked at the 10 day forcast, looks like rain and more rain.

PS. I am NOT flaming anyone, just wondering if it is worth the $$$ for us.

We went on the 30th and had no rain! It was perfect weather, not too hot but it was windy. They had to close Toontown for bit around the fireworks but Mickey and Minnie moved out to Fantasyland for photos.

Yep weather on the 28th and 30th was PERFECT. And the forcast was the usually "scattered Thunderstroms" for every day. We were there Sept 22 through Oct 1st. Forcast NEVER changed (scattered thunderstorms everyday). We experienced 3 brief rain showers in our 10 days (not counting late night). A 4th one while we were at the airport on Oct 1st. I can't beleive our luck...

Minnie is outside her house under the gazebo and Mickey is in his garden behind his house.

just bought tickets for the 31st,

im disapointed in the candy reports, not so much with not getting as much as with hearing the cm's are being stingy to certain people like older kids and adults. I go for the fun of trick or treating, I hope disney reads this thread and sees that we NEED CANDY lol:)

I usually do 3 or 4 mnsshp's, not sure if im doing that many this year though.
I remember in 2001 it only cost 26 dollars and they only had a few parties,

times have changed lol

We did not have a problem getting candy. We had two adults, a 2 year old and a 7 year old. We had four huge bags of candy when we left. It almost filled one of our small roller suitcases. I tried to weigh it on the scale at home and it weighed 10 pounds. I had made the kids bags that I purchased at Hobby Lobby so they were not little bags and then we also brought along a cinch back pack that was full. You will get plenty of candy. They were dumping it in our bags by the handfulls on the 28th! :wizard:

Has anyone had a rain free, fun filled night at MNSSHP? WE are going on the 14th but all the trip reports seem pretty grim. Just looked at the 10 day forcast, looks like rain and more rain.

PS. I am NOT flaming anyone, just wondering if it is worth the $$$ for us.

We've gone the last two years in a row and had a wonderful time at both. The 1st year we went in early Oct (2005). There was some rain (not a wash-out), so the 1st parade was cancelled. This made the 2nd parade more crowded, but no big deal. We still had a lot of fun. The next year, also in early Oct (2006), it was a warm, clear night. We had a good plan and experienced it all! It was one of the best times I've ever had at MK. :wizard:

This year we're going later in Oct, the 23rd to be exact ;), so I'm hoping it is not so muggy with less chance of tropical systems or lows bringing up lots of rain into central Florida. I'm really looking forward to it, and I'd strongly recommend the event to anyone.

It sucks for those who experienced heavy rain on the 1st night of the party this year! Light rain or scattered showers are a different story, though. You can still have fun under those circumstances. That 1st party was rained out, and I don't blame folks for being bummed! I know I would be, but I wouldn't be so quick to judge all 30-someodd parties based on one night's weather!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter