Official MNSSHP [Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party] 2007...

SEPTEMBER: WHO'S GOING WHEN

• SEPT 14

• SEPT 21

• SEPT 28

• SEPT 30

Results are only viewable after voting.
We will be at WDW beginning 10/11 and have never been to MNSSHP. Is it worth the money with little children who are usually pooped out by 8PM? Especially the little one!! When do they kick you out of the park if you do not have a wristband?
We are staying at GF so we will be close by, but this party has put a crimp in my spreadsheet of plans for the 10 days I will be there since you need to pay extra in order to go to the MK. I will be paying $1000 for tickets for my family to go to the parks that week! I really don't want to pay any more!!

So I guess my question is...Is it worth it!! I have read all of the great things that are happening, but I feel that MK without the party would make my kids just as happy!!

Thanks!!

They clear the park right at 7:00p.

It 'could' be worth it if you don't mind your 2 year possibly falling asleep in the stroller, although they'll be free! ;)

I've been going every year to a party since my youngest was one. I must say she did fall asleep many years before the fireworks at 9:30p however, I do remember that one of the times she made it to the second parade was when she was 2!!

My older DD has been going to parties since she was 4 and has been able to stay away for everything (all night) except the one year when she was sick; I think she was 6 that year.

If you can get them to nap and don't mind one or two falling asleep during part of the party, it still could be worth it for you just to see the fireworks and parade. The kids might surprise you and stay up because of all the excitement of the trick or treating and whatnot. If you think they won't make it, then don't do the second parade, do the first one. Then just wait there for the fireworks and then decide if you can do more stuff like rides or trick or treating.

Good luck.

How early do that put this out & where are the best spots to find it? I read the Emporium & Town Square in the OP--are those the only spots? & what can I find other than T-shirts & pins?

Thanks!!!

How early do that put this out & where are the best spots to find it? I read the Emporium & Town Square in the OP--are those the only spots? & what can I find other than T-shirts & pins?

Thanks!!!

Right at 7:00p, no sooner.

They had shirts, frames, and a special pin that can be purchased. I think there were more but I can't remember.

There were a couple of other smaller stores that also had some souvenirs but I can't name them. The biggest selection though was definitely the Emporium.

Any thoughts on whether you need to buy tickets far in advance - and if so, how far? I realize I'm asking this question of folks who plan like crazy for their Disney trips many months out, so I may know your answer already -- but do these nights ever really sell out? I ask because we aren't sure yet whether to go on the Thursday or Friday of our trip, and I hate to buy the tickets and then change my mind later.

Thanks.

Any thoughts on whether you need to buy tickets far in advance - and if so, how far? I realize I'm asking this question of folks who plan like crazy for their Disney trips many months out, so I may know your answer already -- but do these nights ever really sell out? I ask because we aren't sure yet whether to go on the Thursday or Friday of our trip, and I hate to buy the tickets and then change my mind later.

Thanks.

Usually, only some Fridays and Halloween night sell out. Sometimes also the party right before Halloween night can sell out.

Halloween night didn't sell out till Oct 11 last year. Others didn't sell out till the day of the party.

You can probably wait till at least Sept but if you are going a busy/popular night, I wouldn't wait much longer then that.

Got my tickets for Sept 21!! :cool1:

Does anyone know when they release the schedule of events? Like times for parades, hallowishes, etc?

Got my tickets for Sept 21!! :cool1:

Does anyone know when they release the schedule of events? Like times for parades, hallowishes, etc?

They don't. We only can go by last year's info and then wait for those going to early parties to post this year's schedule, if it's any different. It doesn't change much from year to year.

TnTWalter, thanks for your opinion. Fridays are the only days they are going to have the event when we are there. I will have to just take my chances. When perplexed I let fate take its course and things usually work out for the best.

Still going to hope to make it on the 21st though and looking forward to seeing you all!!

Slightly Goofy

So most everyone is safe to wait. . . I was just looking over the list that I edit almost daily because someone else has purchased a ticket and started seeing what dates were getting big and what ones were not. Pretty elaborate statistics. LOL.

I would guess that most nights do not sell out and you could probably buy them while you're there. But what fun would that be! ;o)

Trish

My mom made the mistake of waiting last year. We were flying in from Indy and she is in Tampa. We could only go on Friday night because we were getting on the DCL on Saturday. It was like Oct. 21 or 22, whatever was the Friday last year. We bought ours during the summer. She called us late in September or early in October and told us that she couldn't get hers because it was sold out. Fortunately, she was able to pick up a couple off of Craig's List.

Because of our situation it is necessary that we wait. Sad, but the way it is. It is not like we will not have other chances during our stay as we are staying 24 days. Not likely that ALL of those Fridays will be sold out. If they are then it was not meant to be. :confused3

Slightly Goofy

I know what you mean. I can't get tics till Aug because I don't even know if my husband will have the time off. We want to go Sept 21, but it's up to the military and they wont say till a month before we leave.

I purchased tickets for 9/28 for my family of 4 and TNKBELL and her family of 7 are also going that same night. I purchased them ahead of time since I know that date sold out last year and it is the only party while we are there. Also, my trip insurance covers the cost of the tickets should something happen. This is my family's first MNSSHP and we did not want to miss it! :wizard:

Hmmm. I think I will wait another month or so, and get them sometime during the summer. A Friday is our first choice, but having to do Thurs. instead wouldn't be the end of the world. I don't know why I don't just deal with it and buy them now -- I mean, I've bought plane tickets and will soon be paying for the remainder of the 4 day cruise, so it isn't as if I have invested any money in this trip!!

Thanks for all your thoughts.

I'm so glad to see so many Diser's going on Sept. 21. We will be the family of four dressed in white dalmation shirts with a picture of Cruela on the front with a red line through her, like the no smoking signs. Stop us and say hi!:hug: Always great to run into friends:cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter