"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don’t know about how the line was prior to the party but it was about 30 mins just after the 1st parade (9:10 or so)
They are set up where buzz lightyear meets during the day (just past the buzz light year ride before you reach carousel of progress)
Do they sign autographs or did they hand out autograph cards (like last year)? I want to know because I am going on 12/14.

I believe my tickets say non-transfer, non-refund...It’s too sad to look at them.
I have to postpone my carefully planned trip
I purchased 4 tickets for Dec 22.
Are they really non-transferable? I see them online from third parties.
I don’t want to sell on eBay or whatever to a family that is then turned away.

No Christmas trip is devastating, which seems dramatic, but it had so much meaning and I have it paid off.
Losing $400+ is an extra blow.
If I can recover any, I’m going to get a 2nd Christmas tree and decorate 100% Disney.

Appreciate your help.

Call Disney in the AM and ask if they can refund you. Do NOT use online chat. Last year I had to cancel our trip and received 100% refund from Disney for EVERYTHING. Call in the AM, good luck.

If they don't give you a refund you can ask someone here if they're interested in purchasing them from you. Tickets can be "reassigned".

Party night for us and we are first in line for the 7 dwarfs. Hoping they come out soon. Plus we got our merchandise awhile. Hoping for lots of characters, Magic shoots, and want to try all the treats.

What time did you get in line and what time did they actually come out to meet? Was it 6:15? Thanks.

Does anyone know if the free treats start distribution right at 7 pm, just before or just after? Wondering if there's time to get a few prior to the first castle shows/1st meet n greets as I'm trying to craft a plan!

Thanks in Advance for any info!

Does anyone know if the free treats start distribution right at 7 pm, just before or just after? Wondering if there's time to get a few prior to the first castle shows/1st meet n greets as I'm trying to craft a plan!

Thanks in Advance for any info!
We were right in front of The Friar's Nook at 6:58(had just gotten off of Winnie the Pooh). They put the sign up at 6:59 and were ready to give out treats immediately after that!

Last edited:
It was roped off with CMs standing by when we watched the 8:15 castle lighting. No one was in there, so we stood behind it and had a great view of the castle, not the stage.
View attachment 283009

Yellow spot for the parade and blue spot for fireworks!

Even though I wasn’t spot on centre for the fireworks, I don’t think it affected the view!!
Funny, I think I've watched original Wishes from that exact same spot at the last minute before!

Hi everyone! I have a quick question about the entry procedure for MVCP - sorry if this is a silly question or if it has already been asked!

We will be attending the party on our arrival night, before we have used any days off of our hopper passes. Our hopper passes and party tickets are already purchased and attached to our magic bands in MDE. We plan to enter the MK around 5:00pm. If we enter through the designated MVMCP tapstiles using our magic bands, can we be certain that only our MVMCP tickets will be used, and not a day from our hopper passes?

Again, sorry if this is a silly question. I really want to do everything correctly and not have any troubles or surprises later in the week. Thanks so much for any advice you can give!

If you have a physical ticket I would use that in place of the Magic Band. In 2015 we went on our first night and the turnstile activated our tickets. We found out rather painfully when we could not enter a park on our last day. While Disney was quick to fix the mistake it was still a pain in the butt that we would have much rather not have dealt with. Now I will say that was 2 years ago and a designated entrance didn't exist for party attendees that I can remember, so it may be fixed. But I'm paranoid now so this year I will be using my card just in case. =)

I really can't decide which characters I really want to prioritize and in what order. I had thought I would do Jack first, but I'm not sure with him starting at 7. Thinking maybe I should do Nick and Judy first since they start a tiny bit earlier, then do Jack later in the party (perhaps after the fireworks).

I had also wanted to sneak in Scrooge and Donald, but I don't know if I'll really have time (while also hitting some treats, parade/castle shows, and one or two rides). I might do them instead of Nick and Judy.

If you have a physical ticket I would use that in place of the Magic Band. In 2015 we went on our first night and the turnstile activated our tickets. We found out rather painfully when we could not enter a park on our last day. While Disney was quick to fix the mistake it was still a pain in the butt that we would have much rather not have dealt with. Now I will say that was 2 years ago and a designated entrance didn't exist for party attendees that I can remember, so it may be fixed. But I'm paranoid now so this year I will be using my card just in case. =)

Pretty much the same thing happened to us in November last year, so I wouldn't put any hope into the thought that Disney may fix the issue... :/

Sweet, that is a good spot to be. Did my info get to you in time or did you find it yourself?

Keep us updated with how your night goes!
I actually spotted someone I had queued with on Friday nights party for back skellington and asked who she was waiting for just as your respone came through but thank you so much.
M shattered Now, met so many characters and ate so many cookies haha

Help! Anyone see any reviews of the jingle bell jingle bam dessert party this year, yet? Headed there now but have only seen last year’s info

@CMNJ - No recent reviews so didn't post. I watched KtP 2nd annual MVMCP last night, it was briefly mentioned, stated viewing was just okay. Your thoughts? Reviews? Stated show is much better, as OP have mentioned.

Hi, again! Hoping someone experienced can offer some good insight, and hopefully reassure me!

My group of 10 (5 adults, 5 young kids) will be heading to our first MVMCP in early December. I have been reading every bit of MVMCP information that I can, as this is likely a one-time event for us since it's a big splurge. My group would like to try to watch the first parade, even though we know it will be more crowded, because there's a good chance that some of the kids could fall asleep & miss the parade entirely if we only do the second, later parade.

However, I'm reading reports on various blogs & forums that people suggest getting a spot on the curb on Main Street for the Once Upon a Christmastime Parade at least 2 hours early! And that would mean being on the curb at 630pm for an 830pm parade! Not only am I concerned that the kids (6, 6, 5, 4, 20 months) won't have the patience for that, but also we were hoping to get one large group photo with the 7 Dwarfs, and our original plan was to do that first (and be in line early for them). But now I'm worried accomplishing both won't happen - if we focus on good parade seating & watch the first parade, that flows right into the fireworks show at 10pm, meaning we probably couldn't line up for 7 Dwarfs until after fireworks were over - likely having asleep kiddos!

But if we do the Dwarfs first, even if we managed to be among the first in line, we might not be finished that until 730pm or after, and will that put us out of contention for a curb spot on Main Street for the first parade? We don't need a full curb for all 10 of us, if that makes a difference, but we do have strollers and would want the 4 older kids to have a curb seat while we adults stand or carry the 20 month old.

Realistically - is it just something that we have to let go of, wanting to do the first parade AND meeting a popular character(s) while everyone is awake? If so, that's really frustrating. Thanks in advance for any feedback - I'm the primary planner for all 10 of us & was the one who convinced everyone to splurge on MVMCP, so I'm really trying to make sure we all have a good time.

Hi, again! Hoping someone experienced can offer some good insight, and hopefully reassure me!

My group of 10 (5 adults, 5 young kids) will be heading to our first MVMCP in early December. I have been reading every bit of MVMCP information that I can, as this is likely a one-time event for us since it's a big splurge. My group would like to try to watch the first parade, even though we know it will be more crowded, because there's a good chance that some of the kids could fall asleep & miss the parade entirely if we only do the second, later parade.

However, I'm reading reports on various blogs & forums that people suggest getting a spot on the curb on Main Street for the Once Upon a Christmastime Parade at least 2 hours early! And that would mean being on the curb at 630pm for an 830pm parade! Not only am I concerned that the kids (6, 6, 5, 4, 20 months) won't have the patience for that, but also we were hoping to get one large group photo with the 7 Dwarfs, and our original plan was to do that first (and be in line early for them). But now I'm worried accomplishing both won't happen - if we focus on good parade seating & watch the first parade, that flows right into the fireworks show at 10pm, meaning we probably couldn't line up for 7 Dwarfs until after fireworks were over - likely having asleep kiddos!

But if we do the Dwarfs first, even if we managed to be among the first in line, we might not be finished that until 730pm or after, and will that put us out of contention for a curb spot on Main Street for the first parade? We don't need a full curb for all 10 of us, if that makes a difference, but we do have strollers and would want the 4 older kids to have a curb seat while we adults stand or carry the 20 month old.

Realistically - is it just something that we have to let go of, wanting to do the first parade AND meeting a popular character(s) while everyone is awake? If so, that's really frustrating. Thanks in advance for any feedback - I'm the primary planner for all 10 of us & was the one who convinced everyone to splurge on MVMCP, so I'm really trying to make sure we all have a good time.
I don't have a specific answer for you but just wanted to say I'm also feeling anxious about accomplishing everything. It doesn't seem quite right to pay extra money for a party and still have to fight for everything. I've decided we may just have to compromise on parade spot to be able to enjoy more party things. I'm not going to use all that time just staking out a perfect spot.

Thank you for relating that. We will indeed be certain to use our physical tickets instead of scanning our magic bands. It’s a small inconvenience compared to having to go to guest services later. :thumbsup2

I don't have a specific answer for you but just wanted to say I'm also feeling anxious about accomplishing everything. It doesn't seem quite right to pay extra money for a party and still have to fight for everything. I've decided we may just have to compromise on parade spot to be able to enjoy more party things. I'm not going to use all that time just staking out a perfect spot.

Yes, this is how I'm feeling. When reading about the MVMCP, it all sounded so lovely! But now that I am trying to figure out the logistics, I'm actually feeling pretty stressed! On the one hand, I'm sure we'll enjoy the atmosphere of the party, but on the other hand, not only would I like to have a plan to make things run more smoothly, but I want to feel like it was worth the money too!

So to find exact character locations, is Kenny the Pirate my best bet?

Yes, he gives exact times, locations and tips, and other things are included. Post #1 is detailed and very helpful & Post #2 for other holiday happenings, and PP post good reports, but it is a lot of pages to go through here, and PP times are sometimes off and sometime they forget, but ALL have good intentions and are very helpful. Post #1 is great. However, it you want a map with EXACT locations and times, then yes, KtP.

Yes, we are in the same boat and we don't even want to meet any of the characters. Our primary goals were to watch the first parade and see the fireworks, but we also would like to ride some rides, go to Club Tinsel and get some of the treats. It sounds like if we attempt to do anything prior to the first parade (from 7 pm - 8:30 pm), we won't get a spot for the parade. Then, after the parade, that gives us an hour before the fireworks and I'm afraid if we leave Main St. to do anything else, we won't have a spot for the fireworks. I'm seriously thinking of ditching MVMCP entirely. I don't want to spend $300 to hang out on Main St. all night and second parade isn't an option for us.

So to find exact character locations, is Kenny the Pirate my best bet?
Worth every penny. I use Touring Plans for rides and such but Kenny for Character information and ideas on how to interact with them.

Our Buzz and Woody in March was a bajillion times more than it would have been without incorporating some of his ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter