"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
When do you all buy your MVMCP tickets? I'm planning to attend on our last night (Sunday, December 3rd) of our trip, but I'm a bit worried about what will happen if it rains. I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't buy tickets until we can get a weather forecast because if we really needed to I could flip my plans around and go on Friday the 1st instead. Just wondering what advice veteran party goers have on this?

When do you all buy your MVMCP tickets? I'm planning to attend on our last night (Sunday, December 3rd) of our trip, but I'm a bit worried about what will happen if it rains. I'm thinking maybe I shouldn't buy tickets until we can get a weather forecast because if we really needed to I could flip my plans around and go on Friday the 1st instead. Just wondering what advice veteran party goers have on this?

Only advise, if party you want to attend, buy tickets. Weather changes daily. Other day expected downpour @ MNSSHP & nothing. Then Halloween hadn't sold out like in past nor any other parties, only 2, day of. PP posted just booked trips based on attending MNSSHP on Halloween & MNSSHP on Halloween sold out today before purchasing tickets. Same for last week, PP posted purchasing tickets day of due to weather & when arrived @ MK sign up saying tonight's Party sold out.

So info not to scare you, just to show things change day to day & year to year with price increases & not really any insight being a veteran. If you want to go on a particular night, buy ticket, if rains, go with flow. If weather a true problem for you, then wait & see, but know Party may or may not sell out. Post # 3 lists past years parties that sold out & date sold out, but if keeping up with MNSSHP, sold out dates didn't follow that trend this year. Happy planning!

Hmm wondering what the numbers are for? Hoping for a not sold out party but since it's a Friday and the last party before thanksgiving I'm sure it will well out.
Someone reported last year that those numbers referred to the transaction number for the CM that processed the purchase that day.

Just curious. For those who have booked FP+ using party tickets, how has availability been? I know that it depends the party date and demand, but just curious about experiences.

Just curious. For those who have booked FP+ using party tickets, how has availability been? I know that it depends the party date and demand, but just curious about experiences.

For our party night in late November, I found the selection to be really limited and picked over when my booking window opened. It's in part because our party night is the first night of our stay, but I think could also be the combination of the day pass crowd and the party crowd trying to get tickets during the same block of time.

Yes, they make you do the tour guided Walk of Shame to the exit when you leave the restaurant. LOL. I've done that in the past when the park closed at 7pm for the party... Not sure if it's different now. Was yours for this year's party?
Yes, but we ended up cancelling the reservation. So no walk of shame for us, lol!

Do the MVMCP's often sell out in advance? My experience is with the DLR Halloween parties, which basically all sell out, some several months ahead of time. We are planning MVMCP for the first time, and can only go one night, so I am nervous. December 17 is the night (a Sunday).

Do the MVMCP's often sell out in advance? My experience is with the DLR Halloween parties, which basically all sell out, some several months ahead of time. We are planning MVMCP for the first time, and can only go one night, so I am nervous. December 17 is the night (a Sunday).
Yes, those late Dec dates are likely to sell out, but its hard to say how far in advance. Last year the 12/16 party sold out the day before, but the 12/18 party sold out on 11/30. If you know for sure you want to go on 12/17 I would buy the tickets sooner rather than later.

2016 MVMCP Dates
November: 7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 15, 18, 27 & 29
December: 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18 & 22

Sold Out Dates: November 18 (11/16); December 16 (12/15), 18 (11/30), 22 (11/29)

For our party night in late November, I found the selection to be really limited and picked over when my booking window opened. It's in part because our party night is the first night of our stay, but I think could also be the combination of the day pass crowd and the party crowd trying to get tickets during the same block of time.

Thanks for the input.

Just an FYI: made my fastpasses for our December trip today. DH & I have annual passes, travel companions only 2 day hopper + the Christmas party tickets. I made the 2 days worth first, then did the party day. I made afternoon selections on the party day, but could get them for earlier than 4 pm. After those 3 days, I got the "no tickets" message for them. So it clearly recognized their party tickets as valid for fastpasses.

I'm going on that evening, and have already bought my tickets. FWIW...

Hi all,

I am planning to attend my first MVMCP this year and I'm wondering how far in advance you usually buy tickets. We are planning to attend the Dec 3 party. I've seen lots of folks saying that the party often sells out; however, ideally I'd like to wait and see the weather forecast before I buy tickets because I'm not interested in paying $90 dollars/person if its going to rain. Would I be safe to wait until about 5-7 days before the party to buy tickets given that we'll be attending an early Dec party rather than one closer to Christmas?

Also, I'd appreciate any other tips you have for a first time party goer.

Thanks!

Hi all,

I am planning to attend my first MVMCP this year and I'm wondering how far in advance you usually buy tickets. We are planning to attend the Dec 3 party. I've seen lots of folks saying that the party often sells out; however, ideally I'd like to wait and see the weather forecast before I buy tickets because I'm not interested in paying $90 dollars/person if its going to rain. Would I be safe to wait until about 5-7 days before the party to buy tickets given that we'll be attending an early Dec party rather than one closer to Christmas?

Also, I'd appreciate any other tips you have for a first time party goer.

Thanks!

My previous post.
Only advise, if party you want to attend, buy tickets. Weather changes daily. Other day expected downpour @ MNSSHP & nothing. Then Halloween hadn't sold out like in past nor any other parties, only 2, day of. PP posted just booked trips based on attending MNSSHP on Halloween & MNSSHP on Halloween sold out today before purchasing tickets. Same for last week, PP posted purchasing tickets day of due to weather & when arrived @ MK sign up saying tonight's Party sold out.

So info not to scare you, just to show things change day to day & year to year with price increases & not really any insight being a veteran. If you want to go on a particular night, buy ticket, if rains, go with flow. If weather a true problem for you, then wait & see, but know Party may or may not sell out. Post # 3 lists past years parties that sold out & date sold out, but if keeping up with MNSSHP, sold out dates didn't follow that trend this year. Happy planning!

Info listed in Post 3#.
Yes, those late Dec dates are likely to sell out, but its hard to say how far in advance. Last year the 12/16 party sold out the day before, but the 12/18 party sold out on 11/30. If you know for sure you want to go on 12/17 I would buy the tickets sooner rather than later.

2016 MVMCP Dates
November:
7, 8, 10, 11, 13, 15, 18, 27 & 29
December: 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18 & 22

Sold Out Dates: November 18 (11/16); December 16 (12/15), 18 (11/30), 22 (11/29)

If you want to go, buy your tickets. Have a plan. Rain is bearable, not idea, but doable. Weather changes daily. Take chance it may or may not rain; chance tickets may or may not sell out.

I heard they don’t sell out till the last minute any more because they are allowing many more people into the parties now and the crowds are getting horrific. Is this true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter