• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2017 - Believe in the Magic

Status
Not open for further replies.
for real - although if it follows last year we should have them this weekend. I know for MNSSHP people are assuming dates based on released park hours, MVMCP you can't yet.

Let's hope it's this week. We have done the Christmas party two or three times and enjoy it. Hope to do it again this year.

Is there a best night to go to the Party? Should we stay away from Fri if we can go Thurs or Sun?

Is there a best night to go to the Party? Should we stay away from Fri if we can go Thurs or Sun?

The general consensus is Tues are the best parties. Some think Sundays too but I've found them to be hit or miss. TP does a decent job predicting what days are going to be the most busiest after the dates are released (but obviously not a guarantee).

DH and I will be going November 12-19. If there is a party Tuesday the 14th, do you think I would need to buy tickets early or could I risk waiting? I really would like to see what the weather is like. I also would not die if we didn't go to the party. Although I would be sad...

The general consensus is Tues are the best parties. Some think Sundays too but I've found them to be hit or miss. TP does a decent job predicting what days are going to be the most busiest after the dates are released (but obviously not a guarantee).

Thanks! I'll check out TP. We'll be there from Thursday to Monday, so Sunday night might be our best bet.

Since Disney for SOME REASON seems to want to give their CMs a "party" on Nov 30 :mad:*, we're most likely going to have to go on Friday, Dec. 1. Do any of you MVMCP vets have thoughts regarding crowd levels for that night?

* I kid; if anyone deserves a party, it's the CMs who do so SO much for all of us!!! :love::worship:

As for park days and tickets we normally use the military tickets and will use the party as an added "bonus" day so we don't use park tickets that day in order to extend our in the park days. I have an annual pass now so I will normally relax, grab a breakfast or lunch somewhere and then head to a park and head over to MK by 4ish. Depends on how I'm feeling that day.

Dates are up :D

Held on select evenings, Mickey’s Very Merry Christmas Party is currently scheduled to take place on the following dates in 2017:

• November 8, 9, 12, 14, 16, 17, 26 and 28
  • December 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 10, 12, 14, 15, 17, 19, 21 and 22

Now to decide if I extend a day for the Chrsitmas party, but I saw the Halloween party will be on my check-in day so first Halloween party for me! Woo hoo!

3:30a.m. seems like a really odd time to release the dates!

Seriously, just saw the news before I checked in here on FB and was like, what?????? We were all sleeping! LOL!

Now to decide if I extend a day for the Chrsitmas party, but I saw the Halloween party will be on my check-in day so first Halloween party for me! Woo hoo!

Seriously, just saw the news before I checked in here on FB and was like, what?????? We were all sleeping! LOL!
The first Christmas party is on our final day, and I planned it because I've never been and really want to try it. The Halloween party is my fave.

I'm a little surprised by the first week. The first party being on a Wednesday is usual. But I see they added an extra MNSSHP on Nov 1 (also a Wed), so it makes sense that MVMCP starts one week after. Kinda bummed though, was hoping/planning for a party on Friday 11/10!

Does anyone know where to get the historical crowd info for the MVMCP? I know as an overall average they say Tuesday is the least crowded and Friday is most due to locals - but is there a place where by date more info if available? I have 4 dates that work for my trip and my plan was Tuesday (did Thursday last year and it was pretty empty) but typically Wednesday nights are MK late EMH so I am trying to avoid doing two late nights in MK back to back (I love it DH not so much)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter