"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

Finally have my party outfit all picked out! Going to be matching with my older sister. So excited!
View attachment 206795 View attachment 206796
I bought the sweaters at the Disney Store. 25% off, plus an additional 10% with my Disney Rewards Visa. The leggings are from Torrid. They make super comfortable leggings, and I love how they'll look like PJ's without actually being PJ's ;) I'll probably buy holiday Mickey ears on the first day of my trip to top it off. You can spot us around the park if you're going to the 12/11 party.

See you there!! :wave2:

I went to the party on Tuesday, Nov 15th. They had the area where they were doing wristbands roped off so that only people coming in thru the special party turnstiles were funneled thru there. There was a wall of CM's blocking any people from coming in from the park side. Not certain if that is new from the earlier parties but it was definitely a separate area and one would have to be very actively trying to get a band vs wandering in accidently.

Just decided to go the week before Christmas. Would the party be least crowded on Sunday, Dec 18 or Thursday, Dec 22? What do you guys think?

Was there on Nov 15th. My first party, loved it!! As someone else said, it went by wayyy too fast! Alot of rides seemed to be walkons starting at about 6pm. Lined up for Scrooge McDuck/Donald at 645. Obviously way too late, as we were in line for 90 mins. But they were great, pics were great, so very happy.

That was all we did though, as we did more rides. Then it was all of a sudden time to find a spot for Holiday wishes. Superb. Best I've seen. Ran off to do Space Mountain after, walk-on, and then back to main st for 2nd parade.

Again my first party, but from what i saw and heard people started snagging spots for the second parade early. I ended up at the front of the park, second row, the guy to the front left of me said he got there at 10. Girl in front of me, sitting down, decided to stand up near the end of the parade, hug and kiss her boyfriend who was beside me, and wave obnoxiously to all the characters, getting in my face and ruining multiple camera shots.

Not sure what parade etiquette is, but i didnt say anything. Feel like i should have.
Didnt think the parade was too special. Ended at 11:42. Ran off to do Jingle Cruise, which is just awesome at night. I usually do it early but much better at night.

And that was it. CM's were walking round offering hot cocoa on our way out after midnight, which was great as it was pretty cold that night.

Loved the party, but time flies. It seemed like on this night, people did Holiday wishes and then snagged parade spots, and thats taking up 2 hours of party night.

In future, id book 2 party nights to make sure i can get everything done.

Did anyone go to the party today? Crowded today, and seemed like alot of people going to the party. Looked like a busy one!

Just decided to go the week before Christmas. Would the party be least crowded on Sunday, Dec 18 or Thursday, Dec 22? What do you guys think?

I think the consensus is they'll both sell out, so pick the one that works best in your touring plans and have fun! Oh, and buy your tickets before they sell out! :thumbsup2

I think the consensus is they'll both sell out, so pick the one that works best in your touring plans and have fun! Oh, and buy your tickets before they sell out! :thumbsup2
Agree that both will likely sell out....though hoping the 18th doesn't since that's our night :)

I was looking at the sweaters for my family, but went with the PJs instead, hopefully wearing the bottoms with matching custom shirts from Etsy. They have better offers than the 10% right now though: DRVCMAGIC ($10 off 50) DRVCJOY ($15/75) DRVCCHEER ($20/100).
Darn!!! I suggested PJ's, but my sister refused. The sweaters will be cute though. Would love to see the PJ's you picked out for your family :)

See you there!! :wave2:
See ya! Always exciting to know fellow DIS-ers are in attendance

I went to the party on Tuesday, Nov 15th. They had the area where they were doing wristbands roped off so that only people coming in thru the special party turnstiles were funneled thru there. There was a wall of CM's blocking any people from coming in from the park side. Not certain if that is new from the earlier parties but it was definitely a separate area and one would have to be very actively trying to get a band vs wandering in accidently.

Yes. That's what they did tonight. I was so impressed with the CMs patrolling and asking for bands. I only saw one group of young men trying to pull a fast one and they were definitely going to get caught in the sweep they were walking into. Park entrance at 4pm was strict on who was getting bands. Really didn't feel the crush until around 8pm.

Did anyone go to the party today? Crowded today, and seemed like alot of people going to the party. Looked like a busy one!

My first party today. Crowded, yes, but I thought it was manageable. I was solo. I used easy wdw and Touring Plans and worked an excellent plan. Was able to stay ahead of it until the second castle lighting. Never got off track, but stopped being able to squeeze in extra. The 2nd parade seemed well attended, but I got a second row seat at 11pm in Town Square. Opted not to tell Mickey "Happy Birthday" since his wait was 40 min at 11pm.

in line by 3:25pm and rode: PP (FP), Philharmagic, HM (FP), shopping at Christmas Shoppe, Treehouse, JC (FP), Tiki Room, Pirates, treats, Country Bears, snack from Sleepy Hollow, treats, watched Banjo Bros., Castle lighting, Under the Sea, Pooh, treats (save for later), treats in Tomorrowland, Mickey's Merriest, Wishes, snow on Main St, break in Town Square, Parade.

I felt like I got my $$ worth, but being solo I could get around the crowds. Only bottleneck was 8:30 Elsa show. Also, they had at least 2 extra treat stations with snickerdoodles up. 1 at Aloha Isle and one at Auntie Gravity's.

Last edited:
We didn't think the crowds were bad at all tonight. We don't do character meets, so we rode a lot of rides, enjoyed treats and watched the castle lighting, fireworks and parade.

Most rides were walk-on or close to it. We literally walked into the hub one minute before the fireworks and got a great spot. At 10:55, we grabbed a spot in town square -- beside the Christmas tree -- to watch the parade. The people in front of us were sitting, so we had a perfect second-row view.

Weather was perfect, and we had a lovely time.

I purchased our party tickets under a "phantom" profile and have made our FP+ reservations. Thinking we would probably be at MK around 2:30-3:00 (we have APs), I booked our first FP+ for 2:40. Does anyone know if this will be a problem? Do we actually have to scan our hard tickets at the tap stiles to activate use of FPs on our card? This will be our first time attending the Christmas party, so any advice would be greatly appreciated. Would be lost without all of the great tips from this thread. TIA!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter