"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

Last year we went to MNSSHP and our flight landed at 1:40 (We can't ever get flights earlier than that out of Omaha) We made it, but it was tight and a little stressful for us. We felt like we were really rushing through MCO, were sweating inline for Magical Express and were borderline snippy by the time we got checked in. Once we got to MK, (right at 4) we got back into our magical mood, but it wasn't the greatest way to start. Magical Express seemed REALLY slow though, we didn't get a bus for over 20 minutes and usually we only wait like 5. This year we decided to fly in a day early, stay at the hotel in MCO and then hop on ME for our check in date and party the next morning. I think this will be a lot less worrisome for us. (Side note, for some odd reason I've always thought it would be super cool to stay in the hotel there, so I'm weirdly excited for this) To sum it up, you should be able to make it, just keep in mind it might get a little close :thumbsup2

Yes, I'll have to remind myself to not get snippy. In my head I'll be counting the minutes while trying to act like everything is going just as planned.

I figured we'll be cutting it close. I suppose even if we don't get there until 5pm it would just mean one less FP+. Thanks for the play by play of your experience and enjoy your stay at MCO.

@bshrewz90 We also live in WV and drive. I will say that the party I experienced years ago was pretty special. The is a party only parade, fireworks, special shows, character meet & greets that you can't get other times and probably a bunch more things (oh yeah snow on Main Street) make it more than just a Christmas time day/night in the park.

We are from WV too! :wave:

We purchased our MVMCP tickets a couple weeks ago for the 12/18 party. 4A, 5C

Although I will admit I was a little disappointed that when we received them they were not Christmas themed. I mean how hard would it be for them to print Halloween and Christmas themed cards?!

Hi there :wave: I have been planning my very first Disney trip ever with enormous help from these boards, and just found this thread!

My boyfriend and I are going 12/2-12/7! I am struggling with whether or not to get tickets to the party, probably 12/6. That was originally the day I had planned for a half day at MK in the morning and then doing the Wanayama Safari at AKL that afternoon. I can nix that for the party, but if I leave the park and come back for the party, is it okay to come back after 7? We won't do character meets, and the parades aren't of interest. I just want to walk around MK and soak up the Xmas vibe, ride with shorter lines, and see the fireworks.

The purpose of our morning at MK is to get some souvenirs that we won't get around to on our first day, have a PPO breakfast, and explore the park on a lower crowd day. I'm scheduling breaks on each day, which is why coming back before 4 won't make much sense. I saw an earlier post mention that trying to come in between 4-7 is a bad idea with day guests/party guests mixing in and out, but maybe after 7 would be okay? Would really appreciate the advice, it will help me decide if the party is something we want to do! :goodvibes

I Loved the Wanayama Safari and I would recommend that you don't miss it. It is one of the most memorable things we've ever done at Disney.

Which night do you all think would be the best to attend...
Thursday dec 1st.. Arrival day, could be tired!!
Friday dec 2nd
Sunday December 4th
Or
Tuesday December 5th
We do not fly out until 5 the next day

Friday dec 2nd
Sunday December 4th
Or
Tuesday December 5th

I would do Tuesday or Sunday. I wouldn't do Thursday because, like you said, you could be tired, or there could be travel delays. I wouldn't do it on Friday because Fridays are usually more crowded due to locals.

I would do Tuesday or Sunday. I wouldn't do Thursday because, like you said, you could be tired, or there could be travel delays. I wouldn't do it on Friday because Fridays are usually more crowded due to locals.
Thanks !
My original thought was Tuesday for All the same reasons you said.
Where park hours came out they gave Epcot extra magic on Tuesday night... I know they're subject to change, but it's the only time Epcot has them for my trip.
I don't think that Sunday would be toooo too busy for MVMCP..

@nicynot Depending on when you would be arriving on Thursday, it would be a nice way to kick it off. Otherwise, I would do Tuesday, the 6th (it's not the 5th) because of the locals on Fridays and possibly on Sundays as well.

@nicynot Depending on when you would be arriving on Thursday, it would be a nice way to kick it off. Otherwise, I would do Tuesday, the 6th (it's not the 5th) because of the locals on Fridays and possibly on Sundays as well.
Iv been thinking this all day as well! While at work in between customers I'm always going over my disney plan in my head since my adrs book on Saturday. We will land around 1230/1. I know we will have time to make it there, but the flying takes ALOT out of me, the others in my group will be A okay though lol

Thanks

@nicynot I can appreciate that flying takes a lot out of you, but you can sleep on the plane and might even get a little break at your resort when you arrive (room or just lounging by the pool). We drive many hours and always hit a park on arrival. My H hasn't complained to me yet (he pretty much does all the driving). I just wouldn't want to waste any time and miss out on anything.

@nicynotOtherwise, I would do Tuesday, the 6th (it's not the 5th) because of the locals on Fridays and possibly on Sundays as well.

I wouldn't expect Sundays to have a lot of locals. The reason Fridays do is because they don't have to worry about getting up early the next day for work or school.

Last edited:
Friday dec 2nd
Sunday December 4th
Or
Tuesday December 5th

I wouldn't do it on arrival day just because you never know what's going to happen with your flights. Too many posts lately of people missing things due to mechanical problems and flight delays. It would be terrible to have non-refundable tickets and be sitting in an airport somewhere.

I wouldn't do it on arrival day just because you never know what's going to happen with your flights. Too many posts lately of people missing things due to mechanical problems and flight delays. It would be terrible to have non-refundable tickets and be sitting in an airport somewhere.

This was our thought for planning this year, especially since we come from a state that can gets lots of snow. That's why we are flying a day early and staying at MCO, no skin off our nose if we are late, then :thumbsup2

Based on past years, does anyone know when they'll open up dining reservations for party guests?

Based on past years, does anyone know when they'll open up dining reservations for party guests?
At the 180 day mark from your trip. No difference on whether you're making ADRs for a park night or a party night.
If you're staying on property you can do 180 plus 10...

At the 180 day mark from your trip. No difference on whether you're making ADRs for a park night or a party night.
If you're staying on property you can do 180 plus 10...

On party nights, they only have dinner reservations open until about 6pm so far. For MNSSHP, they opened them up until 10pm for party guests. I'm assuming they'll do the same for MVMCP guests... I hope?

On party nights, they only have dinner reservations open until about 6pm so far. For MNSSHP, they opened them up until 10pm for party guests. I'm assuming they'll do the same for MVMCP guests... I hope?

Hopefully reservations will be updated for MVMCP like they were for MNSSHP.

Photos ---Dining Reservations of MVMCP Nights

Friday dec 2nd
Sunday December 4th
Or
Tuesday December 5th

MVMCP Dates: December 1, 2, 4, 6, 8, 9, 11, 13, 15, 16, 18 & 22

I suggest Sunday, December 4th. There is not a party on the 5th. Tuesday, December 6th is the next party, your above comments suggests you are leaving on the 6th. Meaning your options are the 1st, 2nd or 4th. Fridays are typically the busiest. Sunday would be like a week night, work the next day.

I wouldn't recommend a party arrival day. To many things could happen (time wise), or not, with flights, transportation to resort & check-in. Tickets are non-refundable. To get the most out of the party you would be there from 4pm - 12am or later depending on exiting the park, not your typical visit to the park. We always go to the park on the 1st day unless we arrive after 7pm. When you get to WDW you're ready to go, but parties are different time wise.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter