"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2016 - Have Yourself a Very Mickey Christmas.

If my only park ticket for the day is MVMCP, would they let us in at 340 for an ADR? What is the grace period for tardiness? TIA!

So... can we talk FP strategies here? I am wondering what people would recommend to FP before the party and what to do during the party. I don't plan on meeting many characters, definitely not the popular ones. Not interested in the dance parties. Maybe one castle show. And planning on closing out the party. I'm thinking Space, 7DMT- If I can get it; doubt it staying off-site. If not, then Splash MT (I want to ride it early, so there is plenty of time to dry), and either PP or ETWB?

Reactions: msk
If my only park ticket for the day is MVMCP, would they let us in at 340 for an ADR? What is the grace period for tardiness? TIA!
We have had 3:45 pm ADRs and made it without a problem. In fact, DGS had an ADR at CRT last year for 3:45 and had no problem. We have been an hour late for an ADR due to transportation issues (crazy GPS took us all over where we didn't want to go!) and when we went to the podium, CM was very understanding. We waited around 15 minutes to be seated and they could not have been more gracious!
I think you'll be fine, but get to the gate by 3:20 or so, so that you're at the front of the pack!

So... can we talk FP strategies here? I am wondering what people would recommend to FP before the party and what to do during the party. I don't plan on meeting many characters, definitely not the popular ones. Not interested in the dance parties. Maybe one castle show. And planning on closing out the party. I'm thinking Space, 7DMT- If I can get it; doubt it staying off-site. If not, then Splash MT (I want to ride it early, so there is plenty of time to dry), and either PP or ETWB?
I would definately try to get a FP for splash at 3:45 (you have an hour window), then 7DMT (if available) at 4:45, and then Space for 5:45. These times aren't exact, and I have had better luck on the phone than on the website, but you get the drift. if you can't get 7DMT, the line gets a lot shorter later in the night. Not sure what is ETWB?
Love riding BTMRR at night, that's a great one as well for late night.

We have had 3:45 pm ADRs and made it without a problem. In fact, DGS had an ADR at CRT last year for 3:45 and had no problem. We have been an hour late for an ADR due to transportation issues (crazy GPS took us all over where we didn't want to go!) and when we went to the podium, CM was very understanding. We waited around 15 minutes to be seated and they could not have been more gracious!
I think you'll be fine, but get to the gate by 3:20 or so, so that you're at the front of the pack!

Are you saying you were allowed into the park with a party ticket ONLY in time to make the 3:45 ADR or are you saying you were late to that ADR and they still let you in with no problem?

5:45 CP reservation for me and DH...is that too late to start enjoying the party at 7? It's just us, so hoping we can eat fairly quickly and be out just before the party starts. Thoughts?

Are you saying you were allowed into the park with a party ticket ONLY in time to make the 3:45 ADR or are you saying you were late to that ADR and they still let you in with no problem?
They had 3:45 pm CRT ADR, we were let in at 3:45, so it took about 8-15 minutes to clear security (we were 1st in line) and get to CRT. There was no issue with them being late by 15 minutes.
We had an Akershus breakfast ppo the same week and took our car, our GPS kept taking us to the MK entrance, so DGS used Google maps (which in hindsight I should have used first) to get us there. We were more than 45 minutes late, probably an hour, and so frustrated. When we got there (party of 4) they were very kind and said they would fit us in. We were seated within 15 minutes. The manager even came over to make sure we were ok AND they made special plates of fruit and dessert with "Congratulations" on them in recognition of DGS and his fiance getting engaged.
I think that Disney has really done a greal job in hiring wonderful peeps and those CMs work hard to give the customer a good experience. I think 15 minutes is not an issue, I don't (and wouldn't) do it routinely, but it happened twice and it worked out well both times. Of course the second time was REALLY late, and we did not expect to be seated, but wanted not to get charged the no show fee if possible...
But they were kind enough to seat us anyway.

Just picture this...You are setting in front of the TV at home, and you have this really big small on your face. Your family thinks that you have completely lost your mind. What they don't know is that you have just made reservations for Christmas at Disney World, and you haven't told them yet, and you have tickets to the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

We are thinking of going either Friday, December 16th, or Sunday, December 18th. Any opinions on whether one days is better than the other crowd wise? I am assuming both will be crowded or sold-out because of the time of the year, but thought I would still throw out for an opinion. Thanks!

We are thinking of going either Friday, December 16th, or Sunday, December 18th. Any opinions on whether one days is better than the other crowd wise? I am assuming both will be crowded or sold-out because of the time of the year, but thought I would still throw out for an opinion. Thanks!
If it was me, I'd choose Friday; just because I think people getting there the week before Christmas will be arriving late Friday/Saturday, making them more likely to go to MVMCP later in the week. This is just MHO; and is not based on any experience or crowd calendars.

The MVMCP Tickets have arrived, but your wife beat you to the mailbox, but she did not open the envelope, so she knows we have tickets to something, she just doesn't know what. The tickets are not marked with anything showing that they are party tickets. Do you keep the secret, or do you only tell her. What about the kids. Do you just tell everyone and let the excitement build, or hold off until Thanksgiving and tell everyone then? Need some help here. Discuss....

Last edited:
The MVMCP Tickets have arrived, but your wife beat you to the mailbox, but she did not open the envelope, so she knows we have tickets to something, she just doesn't know what. The tickets are not marked with anything showing that they are party tickets. Do you keep the secret, or do you only tell her. What about the kids. Do you just tell everyone and let the excitement build, or hold off until Thanksgiving and tell everyone then? Need some help here. Discuss....
I struggled with the very same dilemma about 3 months ago.

I booked a trip for my family and told no one. It was to be a surprise for wife and kids. I planned on telling them about a month before we left for Disney. I finally decided to tell wife about it because I wanted her to enjoy the planning process with me. Kids still don't know.

I really wanted to surprise wife. Had all the logistics worked out. (Vacation time at her job, my job, finances worked so she wouldn't notice any money missing, etc.). But ultimately I decided that if we were going to be spending a significant amount of money on something, that she should be onboard with it.

I commend you on your motives. Hopefully you can keep the secret, surprise your wife. And when you do, I hope she's overjoyed. Good luck!

i love surprise WDW trips. What about leaving little hints over a period of time? I might give a few hints each day after Halloween and let them guess. I would keep the party tickets a surprise until the afternoon of the party.
Are you kids older, will they want to help with the planning?
I would definitely let my spouse know simply because part of the fun of a WDW trip for me is the planning and the anticipation.
Have fun with your surprise and Merry Christmas!!!

I struggled with the very same dilemma about 3 months ago.

I booked a trip for my family and told no one. It was to be a surprise for wife and kids. I planned on telling them about a month before we left for Disney. I finally decided to tell wife about it because I wanted her to enjoy the planning process with me. Kids still don't know.

I really wanted to surprise wife. Had all the logistics worked out. (Vacation time at her job, my job, finances worked so she wouldn't notice any money missing, etc.). But ultimately I decided that if we were going to be spending a significant amount of money on something, that she should be onboard with it.

I commend you on your motives. Hopefully you can keep the secret, surprise your wife. And when you do, I hope she's overjoyed. Good luck!

Your thought of telling my wife is excellent. I would hate to plan this all out, and forget something that would be considered important. I think I will go ahead and tell her today. I would not be surprised if she has already guess that something is going on. Now to come up with a good way of telling the kids. They are 10 and 12.

Your thought of telling my wife is excellent. I would hate to plan this all out, and forget something that would be considered important. I think I will go ahead and tell her today. I would not be surprised if she has already guess that something is going on. Now to come up with a good way of telling the kids. They are 10 and 12.
It's so sweet of you to surprise your family like this!

If it was me, I'd choose Friday; just because I think people getting there the week before Christmas will be arriving late Friday/Saturday, making them more likely to go to MVMCP later in the week. This is just MHO; and is not based on any experience or crowd calendars.

I disagree. Friday parties tend to be more crowded due to locals.

I would definitely try to get a FP for splash at 3:45 (you have an hour window), then 7DMT (if available) at 4:45, and then Space for 5:45. These times aren't exact, and I have had better luck on the phone than on the website, but you get the drift. if you can't get 7DMT, the line gets a lot shorter later in the night. Not sure what is ETWB?
Love riding BTMRR at night, that's a great one as well for late night.

ETWB= Enchanted Tales with Belle? Is that what it is called? We have never done it (and have been there twice since it has opened). It sounds like a lot of fun and I love Belle!
I think BTMRR will still be closed when we go (Nov 10). :(

ETWB= Enchanted Tales with Belle? Is that what it is called? We have never done it (and have been there twice since it has opened). It sounds like a lot of fun and I love Belle!
I think BTMRR will still be closed when we go (Nov 10). :(
Thank you, and sorry about BTMRR... Bummer!

Okay, I told my wife, and big surprise, she had already figured something out. After we discussed what we wanted to do, (thank goodness I told her, as I as about to screw everything up) we both decided to wait until after Thanksgiving to tell the kids. Now we just have to come up with an original plan to accomplish this. Since we always start putting up the Christmas decorations on the weekend after Thanksgiving, I thought about maybe an early Christmas present under the tree. Any other ideas?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter