"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2015 Thread - Rockin' Around the Cinderella Castle!

How is transportation AFTER the party? I need to book a one-night stay on our party date.
Grand Floridian is out of my price range. Should I focus on trying to get a room at the Contemporary and walk back to the room after the party? Do boats run to Wilderness Lodge? If I stay at a moderate or value do you think the busses will be ok?

I don't recall reading this question posed so far....but what are people's opinions regarding missing both parades/castle lighting and fireworks during the party and instead taking advantage of the smaller lines for meet and greets/rides during that time...we are staying the week of xmas and will be able to see these things then with the rest of our family who are not doing the party with us....and as we are doing these things with the family anyway the week after our party night...I am wondering if we should not worry about fitting in time to do them during the party...and instead get to meet more characters/rides...or do people think seeing these things during the party is somehow more magical than the normal nights they have them during xmas week...BTW...this will be our first ever party (and first visit to WDW)...so just trying to work out our plan of action
Hi Naughty Nurse! There is a website that is specifically set up for character m&g. He has lists of the absolute best times to do so and even has a Christmas party itinerary. I'm not sure I am allowed to put his website address on here, but if you google Disney character meets the site should pop up. PM me if you can't find it. But he specifically has touring plans for folks who are interested in different itineraries. Btw , I'm also a nurse, but NEVER naughty (shhh, maybe sometimes-lol)

Hi Naughty Nurse! There is a website that is specifically set up for character m&g. He has lists of the absolute best times to do so and even has a Christmas party itinerary. I'm not sure I am allowed to put his website address on here, but if you google Disney character meets the site should pop up. PM me if you can't find it. But he specifically has touring plans for folks who are interested in different itineraries. Btw , I'm also a nurse, but NEVER naughty (shhh, maybe sometimes-lol)
Thanks so much for that idea...I have now found 2 different places that have heaps of ideas to add to the heaps I have found on here

Just bought 7 tickets for the 12/15/15 party. Two of my traveling party members decided they didn't want to go (even though we're paying for the tickets as a gift to everyone). They said they didn't want to stay up late and that they aren't really interested in parades or fireworks. First, how can you NOT be interested in fireworks?! That's like saying, "I'm not a fan of 'fun'." Second, yes we told them about everything else, and they just aren't interested. Blows my mind.

Wow! Are they sure they want to go to Disney World? Sheesh! They don't like parades or fireworks? Do they hate puppies and ice cream, too? Have a great time at the party!!

Question on how FP+ should be used for party day. We will be going to AK in the morning and we'll have a party ticket for that night. I think I read that we can use the party ticket to select 3 FP+ for that day? So would we have 3 FP for AK and then 3 to be used at MK between 4-7pm?

TIA

MDE will only allow you to book 3 FP per day per person at one park. In order to maximize your FP selections if you are going to use 2 different tickets on the same day, you need to buy your party tickets under a different account. So I have regular 6-day tickets purchased and linked to my MDE account. I will be able to select FP+ on those at 60 days since I am staying on property. I purchased my MVMCP tickets under my husband's MDE account using his email which is not linked to my account. I will be able to select FP+ from the hours of 4 to 7 on the day of party at 30 days prior to the party date. I will the take the actual tickets with us since they won't be linked to our magicbands so we can use them for the FP+ entry.

Bit of a pain, but since I'm paying for technically two tickets for the same day I figure it is worth it.

MDE will only allow you to book 3 FP per day per person at one park. In order to maximize your FP selections if you are going to use 2 different tickets on the same day, you need to buy your party tickets under a different account. So I have regular 6-day tickets purchased and linked to my MDE account. I will be able to select FP+ on those at 60 days since I am staying on property. I purchased my MVMCP tickets under my husband's MDE account using his email which is not linked to my account. I will be able to select FP+ from the hours of 4 to 7 on the day of party at 30 days prior to the party date. I will the take the actual tickets with us since they won't be linked to our magicbands so we can use them for the FP+ entry.

Bit of a pain, but since I'm paying for technically two tickets for the same day I figure it is worth it.

Exactly what I needed to know, thanks!

How is transportation AFTER the party? I need to book a one-night stay on our party date.
Grand Floridian is out of my price range. Should I focus on trying to get a room at the Contemporary and walk back to the room after the party? Do boats run to Wilderness Lodge? If I stay at a moderate or value do you think the busses will be ok?

You shouldn't have any trouble getting home after the Xmas party. The busses run until all guests have left the parks. No need to stay close just to be sure to get back. They'll always make sure you can get back. Closest we ever stayed was WL, don't know about the boats, but busses always brought us back no problem! Same with all other places we've stayed, BCV, BWV, POP, CBR, AKL, OKW, SSR, WL, we've always easily gotten transportation back to our resort by bus after late hours or Emh's or Party nights! They definitely will not leave you stranded no matter if you stay deluxe, mod, or value, so no worries about feeling you must stay close to be able to get back! :flower1:

People post links to Kenny the Pirate's website all the time. (I assume that's who you're talking about. ;)):

http://www.kennythepirate.com/

You shouldn't have any trouble getting home after the Xmas party. The busses run until all guests have left the parks. No need to stay close just to be sure to get back. They'll always make sure you can get back. Closest we ever stayed was WL, don't know about the boats, but busses always brought us back no problem! Same with all other places we've stayed, BCV, BWV, POP, CBR, AKL, OKW, SSR, WL, we've always easily gotten transportation back to our resort by bus after late hours or Emh's or Party nights! They definitely will not leave you stranded no matter if you stay deluxe, mod, or value, so no worries about feeling you must stay close to be able to get back! :flower1:
Thank you Minniekins. I'll be on a bus because I decided to book a Royal Room at POR. I'm so excited.

We are going to the December 10 party!! First one since December 2007!!! We are so excited and looking forward to it! We have been watching youtube videos of last years party to get even more excited!

I will be attending on November 19th with DS7 and DS9. It's our first time - cannot wait! We want to meet the 7 Dwarves, see the parade, and the fireworks. Anything else is a bonus!

hi everyone,

You we all have to excuse my ignorance as I haven't been to disneyworld in nearly 10 years. Myself, husband, (will be) 16 month old, my parents and brother and sister in law are all going in Nobember for 2 weeks. As it won't be that Christmassy when we go we are thinking of doing the party instead.

Is it worth it dragging a 16 month old around pretty late? I would love for him to meet Santa but I've heard mixed reports as to whether he is there in November for meet and greets?

Also (sorry lots of questions) We can only do either 13th or 15th November, which date would be better?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Hello all!,

We are going to our first Xmas party on Dec 3rd! Super excited, but have a question about using the valet parking.

We want to see the resorts decorations and have an ADR at Beaches and Cream before the party lets us in at 4.

Can we valet park at a resort and be able to pick up the car after the party? Or will they be closed for the night?

Thanks for all your help!

When you you all buy your tickets? We are going for a single night before a cruise and have 7 people in the party with us. We will be there right before Pop Warner week starts on Dec 4, so should we go ahead and buy tickets, or can we hold off a little longer?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter