"Official" Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2015 Thread - Rockin' Around the Cinderella Castle!

Since I've never been during the parade taping (but I guess I will be now) I don't understand why it's over 4 days? Is it the whole day, each day or just around when the parade happens? Is it the same parade as the MVMCP one? When does it happen? Does it follow the same parade routes as all other parades? Will the Festival of Fantasy parade still happen at 3pm? Sorry I should be searching for other posts on this for answers but I'm so knocked for a loop right now.

I just had to laugh when I read your post. I read it like an old time tv show where all these questions will be answered on next weeks episode. I do have all the same questions. I think there is a thread on the taping date. Everyone is freaking out. But from what people are saying it's not a bad thing. Shouldn't effect crowds too much. Just stay away from Main Street.

Now that I re-read it, I agree - it totally sounds like a teaser for a TV show!

I collected myself and found another thread that was discussing the taping and it cleared up some of my questions. Some however are wait and see on when the actual taping takes place.

I am super excited to be able to say that I am now attending the 12/13 party!!! I am getting a very last minute (for us) trip down for 2nights/3 days to hit the party and go to Hollywood Studios to see the last year of the lights! My honey loves me cause we were just at the end of September for MNSSHP and F&W festival for 10 days! I know I am super lucky. We are getting to have a girls weekend so it is five adults and we are going to have a blast. I'm hoping for the one day MM to be available so that we don't have to buy the full one for just two days.
You are going to the same party as We are. Glad to hear you are making it. We are a party of five adults as well!

Does anyone know if the 1st party typically sells out and if it did last year, around what date did it sell out? I am thinking of going to the 1st party with my 1 year old but want to wait until my credit card statement carries over on the 25th so that I can use disney dollars to pay for it! Is there a good chance it will sell out in the next 12 days?

Here is link to info on the party crowd for different dates.......http://blog.touringplans.com/2015/04/10/disney-world-mickeys-very-merry-christmas-party-2015/

Since I've never been during the parade taping (but I guess I will be now) I don't understand why it's over 4 days? Is it the whole day, each day or just around when the parade happens? Is it the same parade as the MVMCP one? When does it happen? Does it follow the same parade routes as all other parades? Will the Festival of Fantasy parade still happen at 3pm? Sorry I should be searching for other posts on this for answers but I'm so knocked for a loop right now.
You may have found these answers already, but taping normally takes place in the morning. It's a lot of stop and start, takes and retakes, so you're not really watching a parade. Last year FOF was moved to 5 on on taping days. What they are taping is the parade that's shown on TV on Christmas Day, so not the same as the Christmas parade during MVMCP or the week of Christmas (though they do use some of the same floats). Basically only Main Street and the castle stage (for musical performances) are impacted. Otherwise, tour as normal - there will be no uptick in wait times because of this.

I would love to know what makes one sold out party better than another? If they are sold out shouldn't it be about the same experience??:confused3
Depends what you are looking to do. This ranks wait times for rides, but does not rank wait times for the special party events. Weekends will draw in more locals, for example, who are probably AP holders and less concerned with rides, but may be looking to do the character meet & greets. So a sold out mid-week party may have less of a wait for characters, but longer wait times for rides.

Regardless, there are a limited number of tickets sold for each party. And having attending 2 sold out MNSSHP parties last year, I can tell you that a sell out crowd is less crowded than a level 6 Saturday afternoon. So don't sweat it and pick the date that works best for your schedule.

We'll be going for the first time at Christmas. We'll be attending the party on the 10th! My 3yro's favorite movie is once upon a Christmas so i'm so excited for him to experience all the magic!

Regardless, there are a limited number of tickets sold for each party. And having attending 2 sold out MNSSHP parties last year, I can tell you that a sell out crowd is less crowded than a level 6 Saturday afternoon. So don't sweat it and pick the date that works best for your schedule.

Thanks for this info. I was just going to ask what the difference is between a sold out party vs a very crowded park during the day.

I'm so excited that we will be there for the taping of the Christmas parade!!!! This was on my bucket list of things to do!!!! Now to rearrange our day!!!!

Making our first December Disney trip this year! Going Dec 3-9 and attending 12/4 MVMCP. Soooo looking forward to it!

We are going to MVMCP this year for the first time. What time are we able to get in MK without purchasing an additional ticket? Last year, we went to MNSCHP but were in the parks that day anyway. This year we are going to the party on the day we arrive. Thanks!

We are going to MVMCP this year for the first time. What time are we able to get in MK without purchasing an additional ticket? Last year, we went to MNSCHP but were in the parks that day anyway. This year we are going to the party on the day we arrive. Thanks!

4pm

We're going to be there for the taping too. I'm not sure if that's a good thing or not. I'm just afraid it's just going to make the park more crowded. Hopefully people will hang out at main street so we can get on more attractions during taping.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter