*** Official May 2024 Thread ***

I just found my park bag that has our magic bands in it. I have been looking for this thing for a month and it was right on the shelf with all the other bags. IDK if I saw it in a TV show or movie or I made it up, but I have a theory that our world and time get re-created as we go along and when you can't find something, but it turns up where you KNOW you looked? It's because the magical gremlins or whatever that build the world forgot to put it there and you frantically looking for it set off an alarm and they slip the item back where it was making you think you're crazy.

But I know better.
I think it was a Sliders episode or a Twilight Zone. This kind of thing happens to me too.

Glad you found your magic bands!

...and don't forget about the final step of weighing the bags to make sure none are over weight limit. lol.

This year I finally broke down and spent the $8 silly dollars on a luggage scale! i would always worry when we were packing up to leave that dirty clothes and souvenirs would push my bag over the limit! Now I travel stress free!

This year I finally broke down and spent the $8 silly dollars on a luggage scale! i would always worry when we were packing up to leave that dirty clothes and souvenirs would push my bag over the limit! Now I travel stress free!
My husband always says the scale is our best travel purchase!

3 weeks from today!!! I just have to get through the last few weeks of my Bachelor’s degree and wait to hear about a new position I recently applied for! No stress!!!

Best of luck to you!

Six days and counting...
Is it just me or does it feel like each work day drags on longer and longer the closer I get to leaving? :crazy:
It's the literally the worst. I'm hoping to get this new position and line it up so when I come back I just come back to the new one. I'm pretty unhappy where I am now so it is DRAGGING...

The closer we get, the farther it feels! It's like a countdown to vacation and freedom!

I'm heading down on May 1st too and am now watching the weather - looks to be (predictably) hot! :sunny:
Based on recommendations, I've purchased two of those UV-blocking umbrellas, so we'll see how that goes. I don't know what the crowd level predictions are, but I'm hoping early May is a sweet spot between Spring Breaks and Memorial Day; though, I know there are no 'down days' anymore. This trip is all about doing what mom wants, though, so I'll go at her pace and it'll be fine whatever we get to do (or not).
Time to start packing!!

I've actually added a day so I can see the new Drone show at DS. It starts May 24th and ends at the beginning of Sept (we arrive a couple weeks after it's done) so I would miss it completely. I am now staying May 19-25.

I've actually added a day so I can see the new Drone show at DS. It starts May 24th and ends at the beginning of Sept (we arrive a couple weeks after it's done) so I would miss it completely. I am now staying May 19-25.

Thank you for reminding me about that! I remembered hearing about it months ago, and wanted to see that. We'll be in DS two nights so hoping we'll catch it!

Hey May friends! What shoes do you all wear in the parks when you're gonna get wet? We're going up to Universal for a couple of days and they have some awesome rides that you get super wet on. I could go with flip flops, but want to know if anyone has any great ideas for shoes that can get wet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter