***Official May 2023 Thread***

Awesome!! On that 2021 birthday trip I had breakfast at the GF Cafe and hilariously enough my server was a Chilean guy named Sergio. I happened to be wearing my Aguero shirt and we struck up a great conversation about the game. I never did find anywhere to watch the CL final at the resort (I was a little nervous about asking the pool bars to turn off the golf or w/e they had on) so I ended up watching from my room. And I admit I was so distraught I shut the tv off and walked to MK. :rotfl2:All I saw were Chelsea shirts around the resort too, to add insult to injury!

Next year we are doing a cruise out of Southampton, spending a few days in London before we get on the ship, and hope to make the pilgrimage up to Manchester before we get on the ship. My gf doesn't really understand much of the game but enjoys watching and has been dragged into supporting City too.
Oh that's hilarious-I loved Aguero...so much fun to watch. The special on them on Prime had me look at him in a whole new light and I became an even bigger fan. I think I am the only City fan amongst the people in my circle so it's nice to find another. Getting to a game is on my bucket list. One day. Rose & Crown sounds like the perfect solution(for many reasons) to this "problem" lol!

didn't see one, but maybe I'm missing it.
This will be our first time going in May instead of August or September. Excited for Flower & Garden!

loislane - May 14-20 - Pop
McFlea - May 5-8 - BWI
Our first not in Nov or Dec. we go during Nov 28-Dec 14 time frame for 8 days typically. We are their Apr 29-may8 this time. Wanted one trip to be able to do the water parks. Has anyone done water parks that early? Bringing daughters friend and MIL to help with 5 Mo so that will be a first too.

Our first not in Nov or Dec. we go during Nov 28-Dec 14 time frame for 8 days typically. We are their Apr 29-may8 this time. Wanted one trip to be able to do the water parks. Has anyone done water parks that early? Bringing daughters friend and MIL to help with 5 Mo so that will be a first too.
I've not done the water parks but my CM daughter says they're great. Regards "that early"... are you referring to weather / temperature? If so, it'll be hot. My daughter's been going to the pools and water parks for a while now. She said temps are consistently running in the 90's. She's been seeing lots of guests with sunburns, people who did not realize how hot it is during Spring in Florida. By May, you're in early Summer. Definitely hot. Last year she went to H20 Glow or a Cast Member version of that After Hours event at Typhoon Lagoon and said it was a lot of fun. Short lines, and no worries about sunburn. That might be worth looking into.

It is definitely hot at that time of year. The only real difference between then and the worst of the summer months is mornings and evenings will be cooler and there’s slightly less humidity.

We have never done the water parks but plan to do a half day there and then go to Disney Springs in the evening. We plan to arrive early so we can get chairs in the shade.

We are now under 20 days. For some reason, I am more excited about this trip than I have been the past few years. We have a Fantasmic! dinner package booked at Mama Melrose's, a reservation for Enchantment at the Top (never experienced before), a couple of GF spa appointments on our non-park day (also new for us), and tickets for the Moonlight Magic event at HWS on our final night. We are also trying some new-for-us restaurants while on this trip. During this trip, we plan to book a stay at Aulani in December. I'm so excited, I might start some preliminary packing this weekend.

We are now under 20 days. For some reason, I am more excited about this trip than I have been the past few years. We have a Fantasmic! dinner package booked at Mama Melrose's, a reservation for Enchantment at the Top (never experienced before), a couple of GF spa appointments on our non-park day (also new for us), and tickets for the Moonlight Magic event at HWS on our final night. We are also trying some new-for-us restaurants while on this trip. During this trip, we plan to book a stay at Aulani in December. I'm so excited, I might start some preliminary packing this weekend.
We also booked a fatasmic dining package at Mama Melrose. I have considered and reconsidered cancelling it because of the cost and mixed reviews but I would really love the reserved seating. This is our first time booking a dining package. Have you done it before?

We also booked a fatasmic dining package at Mama Melrose. I have considered and reconsidered cancelling it because of the cost and mixed reviews but I would really love the reserved seating. This is our first time booking a dining package. Have you done it before?
It has easily been 6-7 years since we have eaten there. We debated the other package restaurant options. But after viewing some recent YouTube reviews, we decided it would be worth trying MM again. We find the dining package to be worth it. Without it, we would have to line up much earlier to get a decent seat for the show. With the package, we won't show up to the queue for the package until about 20-30 minutes prior to showtime.
Going for the first time in spring from May 2 to May 12. First 7 nights at CBB and then 3 more nights at VGF.

Looking so much forward going to Flower and Garden and Riding Guardians for the first time!
Also becoming DVC Members at the VGF. :love:

WE CAN'T WAIT
Congratulations on owning at VGF. It is our one and only home resort. We love it so much, we've added on 3 times since our original purchase. This will be our first trip in the new resort studios. Our daughter is 22 yo and having an actual bed is preferable for her. It is the reason OKW has also been a favorite of ours. We haven't tried the Murphy beds since they were installed in the deluxe studios. Depending on how this trip goes, we may go back to the original studios for future trips that include our daughter (the split bathroom is really nice).

I hope you are pixie-dusted with an awesome trip and great weather! We are there May 3-12.

Last edited:
Congratulations on owning at VGF. It is our one and only home resort. We love it so much, we've added on 3 times since our original purchase. This will be our first trip in the new resort studios. Our daughter is 22 yo and having an actual bed is preferable for her. It is the reason OKW has also been a favorite of ours. We haven't tried the Murphy beds since they were installed in the deluxe studios. Depending on how this trip goes, we may go back to the original studios for future trips that include our daughter (the split bathroom is really nice).

I hope you are pixie-dusted with an awesome trip and great weather! We are there May 3-12.
Thanks a lot! Staying at the Grand is a dream coming true for us. We love it so much. Absolutely amazing that you own four contracts there 😍

We still need to go through the process of buying and signing the contract on property since we are coming over from Germany, but that should only be a formality :)

Concerning the weather: It won't definitely be worse than over here in Germany, it is in the low 50s at the moment :D

Thanks a lot! Staying at the Grand is a dream coming true for us. We love it so much. Absolutely amazing that you own four contracts there 😍

We still need to go through the process of buying and signing the contract on property since we are coming over from Germany, but that should only be a formality :)

Concerning the weather: It won't definitely be worse than over here in Germany, it is in the low 50s at the moment :D
As much as you can trust a weather forecast two weeks out, Accuweather is predicting a high of 84 degrees F and brilliant sunshine on May 2nd.

Good luck on completing your paperwork and joining those of us who happily own at VGF!

Just booked everything so that we can return May 30th-June 1st. We were just there back in September for MNSSHP and had planned on going to the Oogie Boogie Bash at Disneyland this year instead. However, After Hours at Hollywood Studios has been calling my name and it also helps that my son's 10th birthday falls on the same day as the After Hours event. I've come to learn that I can't go long without getting a Disney parks fix 🤣

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter