****Official May 2012 Thread**** ALMOST TIME TO LEAVE!!

I was up at 4am too - but due to nasty thunderstorms! Woke all the kids too :( I just hope there wasn't much damage - some of the loudest thunder I've ever heard!

Have a safe trip everyone leaving today and this weekend - see you in the World :thumbsup2

Me too with the thunderstorms!!!! My son woke up at 2 30 in the morning because of the thunder, needless to say I'm really tired today. :worried:

I have to give my 22 y/o son some bad news... he has to drive us to the airport Monday am for a 6:30am flight. I forgot to get a parking pass and it will cost about $140 to park there. So he gets to take us hee hee

Hello everyone! Last day at work today, and all wedding tomorrow. Thank you for all the well wishes!

I will check in on Sunday at the airport. Have a great night!!

In the middle of February, my mother was very ill and I honestly didn't think she would survive. Incredibly, she got better and as I reflected on her condition I decided that I wanted to go back to Walt Disney World, which is undoubedly my favorite place on earth. She kept saying that she regretted not traveling more when she was healthier. I decided I didn't want to look back with regret.

So on February 28 I booked my 2nd solo trip to WDW (a 3 day trip from May 27-29). This will be my 10th trip to The Magic Kingdom and her sister parks.

My first trip was in 1975, when my parents took me the Magic Kingdom when I was 10, and I fell in love with the place. It was, and is, the most magical place on the planet. I thanked my parents for that first trip dozens of times, and I don't think they fully realized how much I loved that trip until I started taking yearly trips a few years ago. (Becoming a "grown up" offers few real advantages, but the ability to make and take trips is one of them.)

My wonderful father ended up getting sick as my mother got better, and he passed away unexpectedly on March 3 - 2 months ago today. I think that he would agree with me that taking this trip to celebrate life, to enjoy the things that make me happy, and to remember the memories of my family when we were all young, healthy, and having a wonderful time in The Magic Kingdom is a wonderful idea. My dad told me that he had 2 big trips that he wanted to take in his life - Disney World and Hawaii. He never made it to Hawaii, but he got to go to The Magic Kingdom.

I'm going back to Walt Disney World - and it feels like going home. I'm pretty sure that my heaven will include a lot of Walt Disney World, and I think my dad is riding 20,000 Leagues Beneath the Sea again - which was one of his favorites. Every time I step inside the park I think of those wonderful emotions I felt when I was ten - I still feel them.

I can't wait. I love being 10.

Just wanted to come and say how excited i am for my may trip!! (was in june, but we switched the reservations)
ALL STAR MOVIESSSSS!!! yes, i am so so so ready to hop in the car and leave! one more week!! ahhh!! :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1:

In the middle of February, my mother was very ill and I honestly didn't think she would survive. Incredibly, she got better and as I reflected on her condition I decided that I wanted to go back to Walt Disney World, which is undoubedly my favorite place on earth. She kept saying that she regretted not traveling more when she was healthier. I decided I didn't want to look back with regret.

So on February 28 I booked my 2nd solo trip to WDW (a 3 day trip from May 27-29). This will be my 10th trip to The Magic Kingdom and her sister parks.

My first trip was in 1975, when my parents took me the Magic Kingdom when I was 10, and I fell in love with the place. It was, and is, the most magical place on the planet. I thanked my parents for that first trip dozens of times, and I don't think they fully realized how much I loved that trip until I started taking yearly trips a few years ago. (Becoming a "grown up" offers few real advantages, but the ability to make and take trips is one of them.)

My wonderful father ended up getting sick as my mother got better, and he passed away unexpectedly on March 3 - 2 months ago today. I think that he would agree with me that taking this trip to celebrate life, to enjoy the things that make me happy, and to remember the memories of my family when we were all young, healthy, and having a wonderful time in The Magic Kingdom is a wonderful idea. My dad told me that he had 2 big trips that he wanted to take in his life - Disney World and Hawaii. He never made it to Hawaii, but he got to go to The Magic Kingdom.

I'm going back to Walt Disney World - and it feels like going home. I'm pretty sure that my heaven will include a lot of Walt Disney World, and I think my dad is riding 20,000 Leagues Beneath the Sea again - which was one of his favorites. Every time I step inside the park I think of those wonderful emotions I felt when I was ten - I still feel them.

I am sorry to hear about your dad. I am so glad your mom made a recovery and that you are taking this time out for you. I wish you the best trip this May. I am sure your dad will be on your mind as you enter those gates and I bet he will be right there beside you. Have a wonderful time.

to get around the parks I will use bus for mini golf...my car
We are flying in on the 18th, JetBlue. Catching ME to Corando Springs. Then Disney transportation to and from the parks. We thought about renting a car and doing one day at Universal, but changed our minds.

Question of the Day:

What type of transportation will you be using on your trip? Include everything from getting to Disney to the parks to mini golf!

Car, Plane, ME, bus, bus, bus, bus, taxi, bus, bus, bus, ME, plane, car. :rotfl: All I am missing is a train. Guess I better ride one while we are in MK. :)

My husband and I will be at WDW May 27 - May 30 for our 30th anniversary! We will be staying offsite for the first time (Fort Wilderness campground all prior visits).

Ugh, WDW in May is SO not good for a college student.

I cannot focus on anything. 4 tests left and all I am doing is DISing and watching Tangled. :lmao:

Tomorrow we'll be in the teens. :)

I'm sorry for your loss, and I hope you have a great time at the parks :D

WDW in May is SO not good for a school teacher, either! ;)

I agree! Got to get through with MCT 2 next week (such a boring 3 days:worried:) Then final exams the next week (principal wants us to give them the week before the final week)...then I can only hope :love: they stay at home the final week of school...or I will just be a free babysitter!!! :headache:

Let the celebration begin! I am officially a Graduate Nurse!! Just found out that I passed my last exam!!! :yay:
Graduation: 5/10
Nursing Pinning Ceremony: 5/11
Pedicure/Manicure: 5/12
Mother's Day: 5/13
Leave for Disney: 5/14

I need to get packing!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter