Official May 2009 Thread....The wait is on!!

I am also a week away as of tomorrow! I am so excited!! This will be the first time that I've ever traveled with a friend. I've only traveled with family before. I know we are going to have a blast. Girls rule! I, too, wonder how I'm going to make it another 7 days!

Isn't mickey mail wonderful??!! I got 24 days, I can't wait at all!!! I've started putting a few things in the suitcase, not many, maybe I'll start a little more this weekend!! :)

7 days until we fly out also! Woo Hoo! I don't know who is more excited - me or the kids!

PrincessbrideJo, can I just say that if your 4-year-old doesn't have a lot of experience with rides, it might be worth planning your time so you work up gradually to the scarier ones! Start with Barnstormer, then maybe Big Thunder Mountain before trying Splash Mountain (with its one big drop) and then maybe move on to the more dramatic roller coasters. I've seen it happen with other kids (including my 11 year old niece) where they did one ride that scared them and then didn't want to do anything else.

Teresa (who also leaves in a week and a day - but we're driving, so won't be there until May 4th)

That is actually my plan exactly. We are going to trex the first night (first of all because it looks awesome) and showing him the animatronics (sp). And our first day in parks is going to MK where we hit buzz, then barnstormer and then the rides in fantasy land to work ourselves up to haunted mansion and then thunder and splash mountain. I showed him the vacation planning DVD today and he SWEARS he wants to go on tower of terror, but I just really don't see him enjoying that one. He also really wanted to go on RNR, but he is too short. The good thing is even though he saw the video, it is so helter skelter that I don't think he will remember specific rides to ask for (except for Figment because I have showed him that ride and gone on and on about it as Figment is my fav character, but I don't think he will be scared of that one ;) )

One thing is I have GOT to start prepping him for the lines. He is also pretty sure Disney is just rides, and I keep trying to tell him they have shows too but he just isn't getting that part.

Isn't mickey mail wonderful??!! I got 24 days, I can't wait at all!!! I've started putting a few things in the suitcase, not many, maybe I'll start a little more this weekend!! :)

I am in the "gathering" stage also. I've got a corner of the bedroom designated as my Disney packing area. I'm waiting until the weekend before we go to actually get the suitcase out - it will be my Mother's day present to myself:goodvibes

Call us crazy, but we leave in 5 days for our drive to Disney and still havent packed:scared1:..to make it worse, my wife and two oldest dd's are camping with the girl scouts until Sunday night and I am home with the two little ones:scared1:..How are we going to be ready to leave in 5 days...:confused3....Did I mention, they just started construction on our addition this week:eek:...I CANT WAIT FOR DISNEY:love:

Call us crazy, but we leave in 5 days for our drive to Disney and still havent packed:scared1:..to make it worse, my wife and two oldest dd's are camping with the girl scouts until Sunday night and I am home with the two little ones:scared1:..How are we going to be ready to leave in 5 days...:confused3....Did I mention, they just started construction on our addition this week:eek:...I CANT WAIT FOR DISNEY:love:

Oh my! Perhaps you work better under pressure :lmao: It will be okay. Just take a deep breath. AS long as you dont forget the spouse, kids and your money and/or credit cards, it's all good :cool1:

About packing in advance - to use some slang - I don't got it like that. :rotfl: I can't pack more than a couple of days ahead because I need the stuff I would be packing. It's just the two of us and he packs his and I pack mine so that makes it easier too.

About packing in advance - to use some slang - I don't got it like that. :rotfl: I can't pack more than a couple of days ahead because I need the stuff I would be packing. It's just the two of us and he packs his and I pack mine so that makes it easier too.

I also don't pack till maybe a day or two in advance. Otherwise I pack and unpack 100 times and can't sleep. I do buy some things in advance and put them in a special place, but we leave in 2 weeks and I actually haven't bought anything other than clothes for this trip yet! Yikes, I have got to get motivated!

We leave in one week from Sunday!! It is a surprise for the kiddos and it is getting harder to keep it quiet. I am packing on the sly and took the boys stuff down to my parent Easter. poor DS9 is wondering where his sorts are. I keep telling him they are prob. still in a tub in the attic some where. I didn't expect it to be 90 deg. here this early.
so excited to be in the single digits. :banana:

I also don't pack till maybe a day or two in advance. Otherwise I pack and unpack 100 times and can't sleep. I do buy some things in advance and put them in a special place, but we leave in 2 weeks and I actually haven't bought anything other than clothes for this trip yet! Yikes, I have got to get motivated!

We leave 2 weeks and 5 hours or so from right now. I will be packing about 2 weeks from righ now. :thumbsup2

Tomorrow we will be TWO weeks aka 14 days from our trip :cool1::cool1::cool1::cool1: I cannot believe I'm keeping this secret still!!! :thumbsup2

Going shopping for shorts today:banana::woohoo: three more weeks.
April is almost gone.:woohoo:

21 Days till my "Boys Only" trip with my DS4 :banana:

Anyone at WDW on the 16th is invited to join us for a Dole Whip at Aloha Isle at 8PM.

Click the link in my signature for information. :goodvibes

It's ALMOST MAY!!!!!

We leave 2 weeks and 5 hours or so from right now. I will be packing about 2 weeks from righ now. :thumbsup2

AAAHHHHHHHHGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My family would KILL me because I would be a nervous wreck and would make their lives a living *ell :rotfl2: Personally, I think I work best under pressure but when I say things like that to my family, they fall in the floor laughing and when they get up, they say, "what kind of crack are you on today?":laughing: So maybe I don't do so well under pressure :lmao:

AAAHHHHHHHHGGGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My family would KILL me because I would be a nervous wreck and would make their lives a living *ell :rotfl2: Personally, I think I work best under pressure but when I say things like that to my family, they fall in the floor laughing and when they get up, they say, "what kind of crack are you on today?":laughing: So maybe I don't do so well under pressure :lmao:

Funny story about that. You know what your whole body feels like once you've done future world and then are on your last couple of countries in WS?

Well Dh and I are sitting on a bench in the UK and we are comparing what hurts. So he says to me...honey what can I do to make you feel better? To which I quickly respond get me some crack. He says ok as soon as we leave. We then both had to burst out laughing because we got the worst looks from the people around us. Geuss they took us seriously. :lmao::lmao:

Funny story about that. You know what your whole body feels like once you've done future world and then are on your last couple of countries in WS?

Well Dh and I are sitting on a bench in the UK and we are comparing what hurts. So he says to me...honey what can I do to make you feel better? To which I quickly respond get me some crack. He says ok as soon as we leave. We then both had to burst out laughing because we got the worst looks from the people around us. Geuss they took us seriously. :lmao::lmao:

Well I guess so! They probably woindered where they could get some :lmao:
But around here, that seems to be their favorite line to tease me with since I don't smoke, drink, etc. (no vices :thumbsup2): either I'm on it, smokin it or got some really good, strong kind, etc. Silly people! :rotfl2:

Hmm I've got all my stuff packed (except the PJ's exct that I use every day). I am a stickler about packing stuff ahead of time. THis time I'm packing for three weeks!! I'm going to go nuts!

:woohoo: WOO HOOTY, SHAKE YOUR BOOTY!! :woohoo: We only have 12 days left.....I'd better get to the :laundy: !!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter