*OFFICIAL MARCH 2010 THREAD* - Lets countdown together!

So, I am so super excited by the fact that I can now start counting down to our trip by HOURS! :banana::banana::banana:

In approx 73 hours, we will be in the happiest place on earth!!! :yay::yay::yay:

BUT, until then, I am stuck at work today and tomorrow. AND To top that off, I woke up this morning and drove to work when a police officer informs me that I have a flat tire :sad2::scared1:

Great!! You know that saying, when it rains, it pours?? Totally what I am feeling right now. Could not have been a worse time! :sad2:

We leave tomorrow! Man, I have a lot to get done today! LOL

Went to bed a little down, stress of planning for my extended family to have a magical time their first trip is starting to get to me. Woke up happy though, so hopefully it will all work out okay.

Gotta get the kids to school then get to work packing! ;)

That is funny, I went to bed last night feeling down too. Only because I love the anticipation of our trips, and now that we have only 4 days left, I felt it a lot more. Well, that was until I woke up this morning and realized that we have another trip planned for September so I can anticipate that one now :goodvibes
Have a wonderful and safe trip to the world, I can't wait to be there myself :goodvibes

I totally get what you are saying. I start getting the blues a bit now, too. Just because it is so much closer to the end of vacation.:confused3

I need to learn to be more optimistic... In the mean time...Time for last minute packing!:woohoo:

In 24 hours we will be leaving for the airport. I can't wait. I want to tell the girls so much but I really want to make it a surprise for them.

I just started packing a couple hours ago. :eek: What a chore that is! I forgot how much you have to pack with three kids! I hate all the new luggage fees. How many suitcases do you all typically check? I am thinking we will have to check two and then have 2 carry-ons, one for me and one for DH and then the kiddos will each have their backpacks with things to keep them busy on the airplane. Oh, and we are going to gate check the umbrella stroller. :faint: I wasn't going to start packing until tomorrow. I am so glad I started today. My DH has been out of town all week for his job and my kids are bouncing off the walls with excitement for the trip! Mama is ready to pull her hair out! :crazy: I am just trying to remember that in 3 days we will be in the happiest place on Earth! :goodvibes

We leave tomorrow! Man, I have a lot to get done today! LOL

Gotta get the kids to school then get to work packing! ;)

Alleson, we leave tomorrow too. I've been kinda following you all these months, unofficially, because we are going the same day... our day is finally here!

Bags are packed, stuffed to the BRIM! We are bringing a lap top which at first I thought was completely nuts, but I realized a, husband needs to contact work in an emergency, and I take alot of movies on my flip cam and the camera doesn't store much... so I have to have a computer to unload every couple of days!

Figment: Loved hearing your birthday trip report I admit I got a little misty hearing how magical your sons birthday was!!!!!

We will be meeting up with relatives for my daughters day of beauty and a nice dinner at Crystal Palace Sunday night, then its a week of early mornings and lots of touring and swimming. The weather here has been unbelieveable, so I have been walking and walking to break in these shoes! I will have my green tags and be lookin out for other Dis'ers!

BON VOYAGE and WELCOME BACK! lol

Alleson, we leave tomorrow too. I've been kinda following you all these months, unofficially, because we are going the same day... our day is finally here!

Bags are packed, stuffed to the BRIM! We are bringing a lap top which at first I thought was completely nuts, but I realized a, husband needs to contact work in an emergency, and I take alot of movies on my flip cam and the camera doesn't store much... so I have to have a computer to unload every couple of days!

Figment: Loved hearing your birthday trip report I admit I got a little misty hearing how magical your sons birthday was!!!!!

We will be meeting up with relatives for my daughters day of beauty and a nice dinner at Crystal Palace Sunday night, then its a week of early mornings and lots of touring and swimming. The weather here has been unbelieveable, so I have been walking and walking to break in these shoes! I will have my green tags and be lookin out for other Dis'ers!

BON VOYAGE and WELCOME BACK! lol

Hooray for our day being here! :love: We packed up quickly and are making the 4 hr trip to the airport tonight instead of in the morning. With the weather system heading across the midwest we figured we'd rather be there the night before than chance missing our flight. (Of course, by driving tonight we will ensure that there is no snow. LOL) At least my last check of the Florida forecast looked good!

We have 2 bags to check for our family of 4. We could have made it with 1 carry on and the kids' Nintendo backpacks plus the video camera (giant old dinosaur--LOL) but I decided to put it in another carryon with some odds and ends...so if we buy many souveniers we'll have room to pack them.

Gotta hit the road, happy travels everyone!

I am so excited next week right about now we will be pulling into Disney:cool1I finally got all my stuff bought for Easter so going to make all that stuff up tonight and make my final list of stuff we still need snacks for the car, sunblock etc.

I just started packing a couple hours ago. :eek: What a chore that is! I forgot how much you have to pack with three kids! I hate all the new luggage fees. How many suitcases do you all typically check? I am thinking we will have to check two and then have 2 carry-ons, one for me and one for DH and then the kiddos will each have their backpacks with things to keep them busy on the airplane. Oh, and we are going to gate check the umbrella stroller. :faint: I wasn't going to start packing until tomorrow. I am so glad I started today. My DH has been out of town all week for his job and my kids are bouncing off the walls with excitement for the trip! Mama is ready to pull her hair out! :crazy: I am just trying to remember that in 3 days we will be in the happiest place on Earth! :goodvibes

We will be there the same time as you (we get in a day later). I got my girls packed, I have everything in a pile for myself, and DH promised me that he will be packing his and my stuff today (he is really awesome at packing things in suitcases). As for our luggage, we are taking 3 cary ons (using the smaller suitcases for DD6, DD8, and DH. Then we will be checking in 1 suit case which will have my things, our toiletries, pins/lanyards, and any other odd things that could not get into the carry ons. We were determined not to spend too much for baggage fees. This is a trial run for us because we have always checked in 1 bag for each person in our group, but with the baggage fees going up, we are going to try it this way....then if it works, we will be doing this for now on. Have an awesome trip. Where are you staying? We are staying at POFQ (DH and both DD's first time, this will be my second time) :goodvibes

leaving in 20 minutes for the airport. My daughter woke up with a sore throat and full blown head cold. Sometimes you just have to laugh. I gave her some cold medicine, and we're not lookin back!

6 hours till Disney :)

We will be there the same time as you (we get in a day later). I got my girls packed, I have everything in a pile for myself, and DH promised me that he will be packing his and my stuff today (he is really awesome at packing things in suitcases). As for our luggage, we are taking 3 cary ons (using the smaller suitcases for DD6, DD8, and DH. Then we will be checking in 1 suit case which will have my things, our toiletries, pins/lanyards, and any other odd things that could not get into the carry ons. We were determined not to spend too much for baggage fees. This is a trial run for us because we have always checked in 1 bag for each person in our group, but with the baggage fees going up, we are going to try it this way....then if it works, we will be doing this for now on. Have an awesome trip. Where are you staying? We are staying at POFQ (DH and both DD's first time, this will be my second time) :goodvibes

My DH is the master suitcase/vehicle packer here, too. :) He has been gone all week for work and just started pulling clothes out to pack. I want to get it all done today so that tomorrow we can clean the house and van out and have a mellow evening. We have a three hour drive to the airport on Monday berfore we fly out. We are staying in a family suite at ASMu. My mother has a room there too and the kids are pretty excited to have grandma coming along! I haven't been since I was 5 years old! My DH went a couple times when he was in junior high and this our kids' very first trip!! :yay: We are so excited! I hope you have a great trip and that your new baggage strategy works. So many fees these days! Ugh!

'til we leave for our SURPRISE birthday trip for DS (turning 13). I am frankly AMAZED I haven't spilled the beans. And since I've had to keep the whole thing on the down-low, my excitement has been OFF. I've just now started really getting the buzz:yay::yay: Which will probably tip him off unless I can hold it in 'til Wednesday.

Packing wise, I've been pilfering jeans and t-shirts out of the kids laundry and hiding it in an unused drawer. Now it seems we'll need shorts -- and I don't even know what FITS at this point. I actually fussed at my daughter the other day because she couldn't find a decent pair of jeans in her closet. LOL! (not surprising considering the way she keeps her room. she has a store of dirty clothes shoved under the bed, I'm sure).

Wish me luck keeping the secret three more days...

Tracie

Checked in online on Tuesday and I'm going to get started packing tomorrow since I'll be off work after school! Less than a week to go! Friday can't get here soon enough! :cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter