*OFFICIAL MARCH 2010 THREAD* - Lets countdown together!

Mindy - Three Eagle Scouts! I'd be so proud I'd about burst. My husband is an eagle scout but our little boy is three, so we have to wait a while for boyscoutin'!

I have till Feb 3 to pay off the vacay in full. Our credit card has a special rate promotion till March of all purchases over $250 are at a 2.5% rate for the life of the purchase on your credit card. We are debating now if we should pay it in cash or charge it... cash would empty us out, but charging isnt good either... but with a 2.5 rate? That would give us a while to pay it off. Oh decisions!!! If anyone is looking to use a promotion like that, the card is an FIA visa card. I have a great rate on it and its the only one we use now.They are very easy to whine to to get lower rates. lol.

SO my list of things I have yet to do is:
-Pay off vacay in full
-confirm flights
-secure a pet sitter for my two dogs ( ours is flaky and I never know where she is!)
-try clothing on very quickly growing children ( it hasnt been summer here in a long time!!!)
- secure ride to airport
- find flip flops, in a store, in Jersey, in February...
- Buy my son a leapster so he doesn't knock the windows out of the plane and sky dive without a parachute. ( Hes a little hyper)
- figure out which princess costume my daughter is getting for Bibbiti Bobbiti ( probably cheaper to buy a nice one ahead of time and bring it for her big day!)
-buy light timers
-get the lock changed on my front door since we have no key for it.
- get daughters school work for that week.

These are just a few!:rolleyes1

Am I then only one who has changed ADRs a million times and I am thinking about changing them again. I have CRT booked one night but now that they are changing it I think I might cancel and wait and take the kids. Not sure I DH will want to sit through dinner with the princesses coming around without the kids. UGHHH March needs to get here fast so i leave all my plans alone LOL

I have changed my ADRs at least 3 time now and thinking about changing again. My husband is ready to kill me. :rotfl: What is changing with CRT? I have heard some rumors but can't find any information.

Probably that the princesses will be there for dinner as well starting February 7th I believe.

We'll be at WDW in 45 days!!! :woohoo:

Just Cinderella or all of the princesses? I think I might reconsider having dinner there when we go. My girls would like to see all of the princesses and we already have different reservations on the day we will be going to Epcot so no breakfast with them.

I just paid off our vacation!!! :) I can't believe it's only 45 days until we are back in the world! :woohoo:

Susan

Made our final payment and got all the info on the house we'll be staying at in Windsor Hills. Woohoo!! :cool1: Now, to find the kids blank autograph books so they can make their own like they did last trip.

SMWfamily--I like your 'To-Do' list...I need to start one too! :goodvibes

I have changed my ADRs at least 3 time now and thinking about changing again. My husband is ready to kill me. :rotfl: What is changing with CRT? I have heard some rumors but can't find any information.

What I am reading is that starting Feb 7th they will have princesses at night and will be doing away with the show. I am going to keep the ADR until it is confirmed. Once it is I will talk to DH and see what he wants to do. We are on the DxDDP and that will free up 2 credits but its getting harder to get ADRs that interest us. So we will either see what we can get walkup or do inroom dining. I tried to her Ohana for our stay one night and it was a no go hopefully the Wave is good.

- find flip flops, in a store, in Jersey, in February...

Try Old navy!! Actually I am finding a lot of stores in South Jersey have out their flip flops already. I love my Ugg ones so I will be ordering a new pair of black ones soon. I guess I should get on that now since I have 42 days left.

Hey folks, we're getting close! It'll be here before you know it! :cool1:

SMWfamily, I have a "to-do" list also, on my spreadsheet. I crossed off several things last night. I've gone over our touring plans so much, I've got them memorized! :goodvibes

I'm really looking forward to trying out the new "Lines" app for my mobile phone. Anyone else trying that?

Returning to PORS (3/7-3/14) Had the best time last year!
I was wondering what pin-trading experiences anyone can share. I was going to buy a lot of pins for my kids before we go down this time. It sounds like a fun thing to do. How many should we start with? And is it easy to trade with the cast members? Are there many to choose from? Sorry - never paid attention to the whole pin-thing before...:confused3

Hi Everyone! I stumbled onto this thread, and am really glad I did! I just booked my trip, for just my niece and I, for March 3 - 11! Woo-hoo! We're staying at POP Century. Anyone else going to be there those days?
I've already made ressies for the KTTK tour, and Cirque du Soleil.
I can't wait to go! We are big-time Disney lovers!
Say, I was looking at the calendar on the WDW web site, and the only time Fantasmic was scheduled for the time I'm going to be there, was Thursday, March 4. Can that be right?

I've just paid off my holiday too ... we leave on March 29 so I just sneak into your March thread!

Hi Everyone! I stumbled onto this thread, and am really glad I did! I just booked my trip, for just my niece and I, for March 3 - 11! Woo-hoo! We're staying at POP Century. Anyone else going to be there those days?
I've already made ressies for the KTTK tour, and Cirque du Soleil.
I can't wait to go! We are big-time Disney lovers!
Say, I was looking at the calendar on the WDW web site, and the only time Fantasmic was scheduled for the time I'm going to be there, was Thursday, March 4. Can that be right?

Hi! We (myself,DD19 & DM66) are checking into Pop that same day! We'll be there til the 8th. You're right the only Fantasmic is the 4th.

I'm really looking forward to trying out the new "Lines" app for my mobile phone. Anyone else trying that?
I've tried it out at home, but I'm not really sure about it yet. I pulled it out when I was visiting my sister and she has a app like that on her iPod (same thing that the iPhone has). On the iPod app, you could change the times and it updates it for everyone, whereas I couldn't figure out anyway on Lines to input user information. We compared times for all of the attractions and they were wildly different! Lines usually said about twice as long a wait as her application did and honestly, her times seemed a lot more reasonable and what I would have expected. I'm curious to compare it when I'm actually there, but that kind of lowered my hopes for it.

I've tried it out at home, but I'm not really sure about it yet. I pulled it out when I was visiting my sister and she has a app like that on her iPod (same thing that the iPhone has). On the iPod app, you could change the times and it updates it for everyone, whereas I couldn't figure out anyway on Lines to input user information. We compared times for all of the attractions and they were wildly different! Lines usually said about twice as long a wait as her application did and honestly, her times seemed a lot more reasonable and what I would have expected. I'm curious to compare it when I'm actually there, but that kind of lowered my hopes for it.

I looked at it a few times during the day. I thought the times seemed about right for the season & the attraction. But hey, like you said, we'll see when we get there.

Returning to PORS (3/7-3/14) Had the best time last year!
I was wondering what pin-trading experiences anyone can share. I was going to buy a lot of pins for my kids before we go down this time. It sounds like a fun thing to do. How many should we start with? And is it easy to trade with the cast members? Are there many to choose from? Sorry - never paid attention to the whole pin-thing before...:confused3

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2213419

Check out this thread for the good and bad of ebay sellers. It is a huge thread but the first post and the last couple pages show a lot of sellers to stay away from. I've learned a ton. We are going to get our grab bag from http://www.mousepinsonline.com/tp40/Default.asp?ID=18157 or http://pincastle.com/

bizzybee1 on ebay seems to have a lot of starter sets with lanyards for pretty cheap compared to the park prices. They are still in the package too. We will be ordering those from him/her on Friday. :goodvibes

I can't tell you any experiences with it though... it's our first trip as a family and I thought my kids would really like to do it. We will be there about the same time as you, so I can't tell you how it goes either.

Mindy - Three Eagle Scouts! I'd be so proud I'd about burst. My husband is an eagle scout but our little boy is three, so we have to wait a while for boyscoutin'!
only one of the 3 Eagle scouts is my son. The other two boys are my friend's twins. But we are proud of all of them.

- figure out which princess costume my daughter is getting for Bibbiti Bobbiti ( probably cheaper to buy a nice one ahead of time and bring it for her big day!)
There was some on clearance at the Disney Store last time I looked. If you don't have a Disney Store, try the online Disney Store.

- get daughters school work for that week.
really? first grade? Its probably not that important. I doubt that you'll have much time to do homework. :teacher: My 7 year old is usually asleep in our arms on the way back to the resort from the parks.
These are just a few!:rolleyes1

good luck in getting all that stuff done.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter