"Official" March 09 thread Who Else???

I am already packed.

Seriously.

I am insane. :scared1:

I'm thinking about packing and I am never an early packer!! I'm so ready to go!

This trip will be different since it will just be me, DD16 and my mom. My mom hasn't been since I was a little kid, but when she heard I was going she asked if there was room in the hotel for her too! I don't know why it surprised me, my mom loves to travel and it was a cold rainy day in Ohio when I told her I was going and I guess Florida sounded good!

I think I am at 18 days! Ah! :yay:

I don't pack until a few days before, though I do have to check my travel item thingies and make sure I have everything I need. I always forget something - sunglasses, sunscreen, band-aids.....

And I'm still tweaking the plans....does that ever end? (Other than the end of the vacation? :lmao: )

I think I am at 18 days! Ah! :yay:

I don't pack until a few days before, though I do have to check my travel item thingies and make sure I have everything I need. I always forget something - sunglasses, sunscreen, band-aids.....

And I'm still tweaking the plans....does that ever end? (Other than the end of the vacation? :lmao: )

I am a constant tweaker!! I need to buy new sunglasses and DD needs sunglasses for the trip too.

I am a constant tweaker!! I need to buy new sunglasses and DD needs sunglasses for the trip too.

I had to buy new sunglasses at that tourist trap outside RnRC last time. I am so diligent about "securing all loose articles," but I forgot about my sunglasses on my head until I felt them slide back and off. :laughing: So, now I have my special Disney sunglasses!!:cool1:

Ugg, we leave in 9 days and my son has a nasty stomach virus. His brother just got over it and it took 5 days. Now I am just crossing my fingers that my DH and I don't get it!!!!:sick:

Everyday I Get a little more excited!!! I am on these boards every day looking for more information on it all. Since I have never been I am a little clueless.
:cheer2:

Thats why they Invented buckets for ,right??:rotfl2:

That's what I was thinking. No one will be using the shower while we are gone anyway right? Oh well, I finished packing for the kids and making lists of stuff to buy or wash and put in. So, now I guess I have to fix the leak...

I had to buy new sunglasses at that tourist trap outside RnRC last time. I am so diligent about "securing all loose articles," but I forgot about my sunglasses on my head until I felt them slide back and off. :laughing: So, now I have my special Disney sunglasses!!:cool1:

My DH seems to forget how sunny it is in Florida EVERY time we go. So we always end up buying him an expensive pair of sunglasses at the first park we go too!!

I am going to start my packing today I just have a few items to go and get thanks for reminding me about sunglasses I will have to make sure DH has his. I am going to spend my weekend making T Shirts and Autograph books.

12 Days to go !!!!!:dance3: :yay:

I "hid" the girls clothes in their suitcases. :lmao:

I washed the outfits and then packed them in their suitcases to keep them clean and so they dont get missed placed. The funny part is I did this right in front of them! :rotfl2:

They still have no idea that anything is up!!:woohoo:

OK boys! Number 23?? You get the pin! Bubye..... POP

BlueBalloons3.gif
RedBalloonscopy.gif
GreenBalloonscopy.gif
YellowBalloonscopy.gif
BlueBalloons3.gif
RedBalloonscopy.gif
GreenBalloonscopy.gif
YellowBalloonscopy.gif
BlueBalloons3.gif
RedBalloonscopy.gif
GreenBalloonscopy.gif
YellowBalloonscopy.gif
BlueBalloons3.gif
RedBalloonscopy.gif
GreenBalloonscopy.gif
YellowBalloonscopy.gif
BlueBalloons3.gif
RedBalloonscopy.gif
GreenBalloonscopy.gif
YellowBalloonscopy.gif
BlueBalloons3.gif
RedBalloonscopy.gif

Suffering Succotash! 22 days to go....

Ok caught up on the thread...

Thanks Sheribo for adding me to the list, I really hope to run into at least 1 Diser this time...didn't see any in June last yr. too bad no one staying at CSR w/ us...well not really:rolleyes1

I have to ask this.....

Those us of with kids in public school....

what are you telling the teachers?

and how are the teachers reacting to you taking the kids out for a Disney Vacation?

My DD8's teacher was none too thrilled when we told her at the Parent/Teacher last week but as a parent, it is my perogative to take a NEEDED family vacation. I told her that all the work sent home would be completed and returned with my daughter when she returned to school the following monday. :teacher:

My other daughter is in Kindergarten, her work is just as important but not as hard ;) :laughing:

I just wanted to see what y'all were doing in regards to that :confused:

I know a bunch of people have already commented on this bit...but just wanted to chime in and say, that we are pulling our kids for 2 days before their SB begins. I haven't told the school yet but I will in a couple weeks. But I have pulled my now 4th graders for a week back when they were in K. Sometimes you get frowned upon and other times not. I just tell my kids to not really gab about it too much and keep it low key as to not make such a fuss about it.

Anyone else already stalking the weather reports??? LOL!!!! I am now checking accuweather's 15 day forcast daily. :rotfl: :rotfl:

There is another thread going on abou this exact topic...here is the link, plus check out in the thread to a cool weather link to show you historically what the weather has been like during your time of travel:

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2093613

Hi,
Think we're listed at the CBR - have changed to the Poly, Mar 23-30.
Thx Sheribo!

Just had to say you will LOVE the POLY! stayed there last June, make lots of time to soak all of the resort in, wish we did more when we stayed.

When do you tell young kids about a trip? I say a few days before. My husband doesn't want to tell them where we are going at all. Just put them on the plane and surprise them! Driving me nuts not telling them.

Have a great first trip w/ your son! When we took our twins for the 1st time they were turning 6 while they were there and it was a total surprise till we were at the airport! But the last 2 trips, the kids did know well in advance, not neccessarily counting this one since I booked it only 60 days out. But ease them into it, and if you wait, make sure he has some frame of reference, to the characters, rides, noise, lines, etc. It's helpful, as fun as WDW is it can be a bit overwhelming to a little person. Good luck and have a great trip! and I hope your DH has a great b-day!

We will be at CBR 3/24-3/31. Any ideas what the crowds and weather will be like the last week in March? Should we pack pants for the mornings or will my boys be warm enough with shorts and a hoody sweatshirt?

Check that other link I posted above for ideas. But I'm bringin 1 pair of pants/capri's for all except 2 for the 2 yr old and a sweatshirt, then shorts and short sleeves/tanks for all the days. Mainly the pants are for travel since it will still be cold in Chicago when we leave.

As far as crowds...:confused3 I'm hoping it will be in the low high levels as the weeks we're going are still 2 weeks out before Easter. Plan right and ultize mornings and the FP and you should be OK!

taking my son for his first visit!
can't wait!

Have a great and magical time!

11 days and counting-can't wait. March 1-8. Finally broke down and told my son as his Valentine's day gift. :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter