Official JUNE CAR RENTAL THREAD

End of June car prices have remained the same or gone up since we booked with Alamo last month. I check the rates everyday and yesterday I started receiving a message that said coupon capacity reached for Alamo and National. When I called Alamo and National they both said they were not accepting any more coupons at these locations.

What has been your experience when you get this message? Have you been able to lower your rate at all?

Thanks for the advice!

End of June car prices have remained the same or gone up since we booked with Alamo last month. I check the rates everyday and yesterday I started receiving a message that said coupon capacity reached for Alamo and National. When I called Alamo and National they both said they were not accepting any more coupons at these locations.

What has been your experience when you get this message? Have you been able to lower your rate at all?

Thanks for the advice!

I noticed that today. Last week, I was able to make a reservation using my Costco coupon and yesterday I looked and it did not accept it for whatever reason. Not a big deal, I will just keep my current reservation with my current coupon, unless something happens. I wonder why they are not accepting them. If anyone has an answer, please share.

Thanks for the advice!

I noticed this today too. With National I am getting this message:

Please verify that you have entered the correct information.

•Your coupon cannot be applied to this reservation.

This is for coupon ND8578ADT for $35.00 off. I was able to apply this code a few days ago with no issue. I have also tried other coupon codes from National website and get the same message.

My reservation orginates from another location other then MCO, but ends at MCO. I thought maybe it was because it was a one way rental.

Wow, this is just my luck.

has anyone ever een this before? will it only get worse as end of june gets closer I'm afraid?
:confused:

I noticed this today too. With National I am getting this message:

Please verify that you have entered the correct information.

•Your coupon cannot be applied to this reservation.

This is for coupon ND8578ADT for $35.00 off. I was able to apply this code a few days ago with no issue. I have also tried other coupon codes from National website and get the same message.

My reservation orginates from another location other then MCO, but ends at MCO. I thought maybe it was because it was a one way rental.

Hey JUNE renters.. I have not read the entire thread but wanted to mention that I just check the price of a 8 day June rental and got a price of $91 total for a mid size. I used my Alamo Insiders member ID + the Corp code 7015820 only good for Insiders member who book using the member ID + the $40 off coupon AD4027JDO.

GOOD LUCK

Thrifty has a minivan for $199 per week. Of course, with all the fees, the price climbs to $271.

Hey JUNE renters.. I have not read the entire thread but wanted to mention that I just check the price of a 8 day June rental and got a price of $91 total for a mid size. I used my Alamo Insiders member ID + the Corp code 7015820 only good for Insiders member who book using the member ID + the $40 off coupon AD4027JDO.

GOOD LUCK

I also tried to use this information but it said that the ID # was not valid. Not sure if that was just for my dates June 6 - 15. That is a great rate so I would love it to work. From what I have seen the rates are double what I currently have.

GOOD LUCK

I think the $40 off coupon will expire on June 4th, which is why its not working for many people. Hopefully they will come out with another coupon for the rest of the month!

Just an FYI for those traveling first week of June that National released last minute specials for up to June 7th. They have low rates from MCO, Sanford, Car Care Center, Buena Vista Palace, and Dolphin.

Same rates at all locations, although I'm sure availability and taxes will be different at each.

Best of luck!

We leave in a couple of weeks and am looking for a better deal on a minivan (10 days) for a Disneyland visit. We are picking it up in San Francisco and dropping it off at LAX. The drop off fees are a killer! Right now our best deal is $868 - OUCH!

Hope some last minute specials come up soon!

We leave in a couple of weeks and am looking for a better deal on a minivan (10 days) for a Disneyland visit. We are picking it up in San Francisco and dropping it off at LAX. The drop off fees are a killer! Right now our best deal is $868 - OUCH!

Hope some last minute specials come up soon!

I agree... OUCH!!

Have you checked Enterprise? They seem to have lower drop off fees.

Unfortunately, I have. It comes up "Sold Out" for a minivan. I've been told that happens alot with one way rentals.

Thanks for the sugggestion.

Has anyone found any Last Minute Specials for Dollar? I keep checking their site and all I get is :

"Looking for a last minute offer? These specials are about to expire, so act now." Nothing is listed.

Previous specials expired the end of May. This is June 11. I thought they would have been updated by now.

Still looking for a 10 day minivan, one way rental in California. Enterprise, Alamo and National have nothing available and haven't for months. I was told it was because of the one way choice on our rental.

I haven't seen any.

With your reservation would it be cheaper to have two separate ones. One for San Franscico to LAX and another one for LAX to LAX. I know you would lose some time and transfer luggage, but it might be worth it.

Yes!! Alamo's rate for a mid size car just dropped to $96 per week through entertainment website.

Got a mid size for 11 days for $188 inclusive of taxes/fees using 30 off coupon...yay, finally!!

ETA this is for June 22-Jul 3

Yes!! Alamo's rate for a mid size car just dropped to $96 per week through entertainment website.

Got a mid size for 11 days for $188 inclusive of taxes/fees using 30 off coupon...yay, finally!!

ETA this is for June 22-Jul 3

Do you have to log in to try this rate? Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter