• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

***Official June 2022 Thread***

Hi! I pulled the trigger on a June 19-26 stay at the Fort Wilderness Campground last night. We bought our travel trailer at the beginning of lockdown, but I've dreamed of staying at the Fort for years. Right now, we are in our longest span of being away from the parks. It will have been three years since we were last there, and the kids are itching to go back, and they know I am, too. We aren't absolutely sure we'll be able to go yet- it's going to depend on boring things like medical bills and contract renewals, but the pieces are in place. I booked a preferred loop so that we'll be close to the boats, for four days after the last day of school (and DD's 14th birthday, and a week after DS's 11th birthday). We'll have a day of padding after school ends to start our drive, and drive for three 6.5 hour days to get down there.

Now I have to think of a way to calm my planning brain between now and... the time when I can actually start planning. Without knowing whether fast passes will be a thing, how long we can get away with staying down there, what our budget can really be, I'm just sitting here wondering when I can tell the kids.
giphy.gif

And Disney is asking me to pick which days I'll be at which parks! I had no idea that was even a thing. I've been so out of the loop.

Hi! I pulled the trigger on a June 19-26 stay at the Fort Wilderness Campground last night. We bought our travel trailer at the beginning of lockdown, but I've dreamed of staying at the Fort for years. Right now, we are in our longest span of being away from the parks. It will have been three years since we were last there, and the kids are itching to go back, and they know I am, too. We aren't absolutely sure we'll be able to go yet- it's going to depend on boring things like medical bills and contract renewals, but the pieces are in place. I booked a preferred loop so that we'll be close to the boats, for four days after the last day of school (and DD's 14th birthday, and a week after DS's 11th birthday). We'll have a day of padding after school ends to start our drive, and drive for three 6.5 hour days to get down there.

Now I have to think of a way to calm my planning brain between now and... the time when I can actually start planning. Without knowing whether fast passes will be a thing, how long we can get away with staying down there, what our budget can really be, I'm just sitting here wondering when I can tell the kids.
giphy.gif

And Disney is asking me to pick which days I'll be at which parks! I had no idea that was even a thing. I've been so out of the loop.

Im with you. Our June trip is a reward for meeting some financial goals so it’s not for sure yet but my planning brain is going crazy!

giphy.gif

We haven't been since 2019 so I'm right there with you. It's so hard waiting with Disney, especially now that all the planning aspects have been pushed so close to the actual trip dates. I'm one of those weirdos that like making dining reservations at 180 days out. I'll get you down for your dates, and I do hope everything works out for you to get there next year. You'll be there the same time as us!

Welcome! We're also hoping most if not all things have returned to normal by the time we get there. I know they already announced that the DDP Would be coming back, I can't imagine them taking a full year from the announcement to make it happen....hopefully. I'm personally waiting on announcements for BBB and Fantasmic.
Thank you for adding us to the roll call

We haven't been since 2019 so I'm right there with you. It's so hard waiting with Disney, especially now that all the planning aspects have been pushed so close to the actual trip dates. I'm one of those weirdos that like making dining reservations at 180 days out. I'll get you down for your dates, and I do hope everything works out for you to get there next year. You'll be there the same time as us!
Thanks! I'm almost certain we'll make it, but i don't want to jinx anything!

We booked our flights and resort stay yesterday. We’ll be checking in to Caribbean Beach June 15th and leaving the 21st. I was hoping to book the week before, but the category room we wanted wasn’t available. Slightly worried that the new Juneteenth holiday (and new three day weekend) will bring increased crowds that weekend, but it might be fun to be there for the Juneteenth/Father’s Day combo.

We had 6 trips with our kids from 2013 - 2019. This will probably be the last trip for a while as our kids have gotten older, but we’re hoping some of the newer rides that are under construction will be done and ready by this time next year.

Hoping there will be some deals closer to June and we can upgrade our resort - if not we’ll stick with Caribbean Beach. We’ve never been yet and liked having the skyliner available (something else we haven’t used/done yet).

Looking forward to planning the next year and keeping track of all the new changes that will take place until then!

Change in plans - dates are the same, but now staying at the Grand Floridian. We ended up renting DVC points and booked a studio in the villas.

Change in plans - dates are the same, but now staying at the Grand Floridian. We ended up renting DVC points and booked a studio in the villas.

My Favorite resort! ♥ I only hope they have some form of Orchestra back before we get there. I like the Pianist and all, but it just isn't the same in the evenings. I have you updated on the list.

Family trip on DS’s dime!! Split stay at Riviera 6/8-6/13 then to Kindani Village 6/13-6/18/22. Seven of us, 3 generations. Never stayed at either resort, can’t wait!:mickeyjum

Family trip on DS’s dime!! Split stay at Riviera 6/8-6/13 then to Kindani Village 6/13-6/18/22. Seven of us, 3 generations. Never stayed at either resort, can’t wait!:mickeyjum

Welcome! Three generations, how exciting. AKL is such a beautiful resort! Did you guys get safari rooms? We've never even stepped foot in the Riviera, hoping things will have lightened up enough for us to hop over and check it out next summer. I've added you to the roll call. Can't wait for the 50th to hit so we can finally get an idea of what to expect when we go next year.

Welcome! Three generations, how exciting. AKL is such a beautiful resort! Did you guys get safari rooms? We've never even stepped foot in the Riviera, hoping things will have lightened up enough for us to hop over and check it out next summer. I've added you to the roll call. Can't wait for the 50th to hit so we can finally get an idea of what to expect when we go next year.
YES, with two littles, my son booked a two bedroom savanna view! His teenager in more interested in her phone LOL. I’m actually supposed to travel to Disney in November 2021 but if Covid-19 keeps surging, we might cancel. I’m excited about both trips because I’m experiencing the 50th twice. Thanks for adding me to the roll call!

Just booked a 10-day Fort Wilderness campground stay for early June to celebrate DS high school graduation and 18th bday. Will actually be a 14 day trip since we are driving as DS doesn’t like to fly. Will have a tent A/C and we have all the equipment to make it a comfy camping/glamping stay. We’ve stayed at the fort before, and a campsite is also good for us case my adult daughters and/or their spouses decide to join us (easy and cheaper to add extra ppl to a campsite over adding a hotel room). Already reserved our park days, have a general idea of touring plans, and looking forward to months of tweaking our park day plans once we see how Genie+ affects touring.

Just booked a 10-day Fort Wilderness campground stay for early June to celebrate DS high school graduation and 18th bday. Will actually be a 14 day trip since we are driving as DS doesn’t like to fly. Will have a tent A/C and we have all the equipment to make it a comfy camping/glamping stay. We’ve stayed at the fort before, and a campsite is also good for us case my adult daughters and/or their spouses decide to join us (easy and cheaper to add extra ppl to a campsite over adding a hotel room). Already reserved our park days, have a general idea of touring plans, and looking forward to months of tweaking our park day plans once we see how Genie+ affects touring.

Hello, and welcome! Camping at Fort Wilderness, how fun! We've never camped at Disney, but have some friends who only do Disney in an RV and love it. We are also eagerly awaiting the first reports on Genie+ and how it affects touring. There are some things about it I really like, and a couple that I really don't, so looking forward to some personal accounts. If you would like me to add your dates to the roll call just let me know. 🙂

Hi, We're going June 11th to June 18th and staying offsite. My daughter is doing the DCP from Jan 24 to June 16. We're driving from PA to get her and bringing the dog. Our last Disney trip was in 2018, so much has changed!

Hi, We're going June 11th to June 18th and staying offsite. My daughter is doing the DCP from Jan 24 to June 16. We're driving from PA to get her and bringing the dog. Our last Disney trip was in 2018, so much has changed!

I got you down! We haven't been since 2019, so we have a lot to catch up on too.

Is anyone else starting to get excited seeing all the 50th things starting to show up and old things continuing to return. The modified character meet and greets have me hopeful that BBB and Harmony Barber Shop will be back by the time we go. My older daughter is a huge Ratatouille fan so she has been watching all the Remy Ride along on YouTube. The new shows at MK and Epcot are looking pretty awesome as well. Now I'm waiting for more info on the Genie App and reviews of it coming in.

I’m so excited! Bringing my daughters (10,7) and sister (30) who has Down syndrome. It’ll be my kids first trip, and my sister and I went when we were around their age! We’re going June 9-17th. We’re doing a split stay. Either Poly or Grand Floridian (can’t decide!) June 9-14 then booked at AKL June 14-17. I love planning so this has been a blast so far!

I’m so excited! Bringing my daughters (10,7) and sister (30) who has Down syndrome. It’ll be my kids first trip, and my sister and I went when we were around their age! We’re going June 9-17th. We’re doing a split stay. Either Poly or Grand Floridian (can’t decide!) June 9-14 then booked at AKL June 14-17. I love planning so this has been a blast so far!

Hi and Welcome! Grand or Polly?! Tough choice, we like both resorts but I tend to favor GF personally. I'm a big planner too! I think I like it almost as much as actually being at Disney. 😆 Things are a going to be a whole lot different on this upcoming trip though. So much research to do! I have you down in the roll call. Looking forward to hearing all about your plans.

Joining!! We are headed to AKL Jambo House 1br June 11-18. This will be our son's graduation trip. So excited to be back at Disney. I need to research all the changes since our last trip. Also, need to purchase our tickets and make park reservations. I think this is harder than it used to be.

Joining!! We are headed to AKL Jambo House 1br June 11-18. This will be our son's graduation trip. So excited to be back at Disney. I need to research all the changes since our last trip. Also, need to purchase our tickets and make park reservations. I think this is harder than it used to be.

Hi and welcome to the group! I've got you down, and I look forward to hearing all about your trip planning. On that note, this would be right around the time we all would be getting ready to make our dining reservations. I know a lot of people like it better this way, but I kind of miss being able to make/change my dining ressies about 500 times before I get there. Oh well....Happy planning Y'all!

Just got back from a week at Disney and Caribbean Beach Resort. Had a great time. Heading back June 1-4th. Have not booked a resort yet. Working on that one now. Just hitting up MK and AK this time around. Didn't got to AK last week so adding it in for this next one. Then jumping on a cruise for a week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter