***Official June 2018***

Is an 8:50 reservation a good time at California Grill to catch the fireworks? I am more excited about trying the restaurant, but the fireworks experience would be an added bonus.

We haven't officially booked yet- so is anyone else considering switching offsite since Disney springs hotels will now have FP window and EMH privileges? Will be staying CSR and then Doubletree next week. If we like Doubletree may book there for our family...

Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to all my favorite June travelers!
Happy-Holidays-Red-Box.jpg

Wishing you a great day of rest and festivities for the rest of this year and into the next!

Is an 8:50 reservation a good time at California Grill to catch the fireworks? I am more excited about trying the restaurant, but the fireworks experience would be an added bonus.

I have no experience on that one but that might be a little too late? I know if people had a seat at 8 pm and they were finishing they might remain through the fireworks. You may want to ask over on the restaurants board. Another option could be to start a little earlier and then once finished I believe there's an observation deck as well.

We haven't officially booked yet- so is anyone else considering switching offsite since Disney springs hotels will now have FP window and EMH privileges? Will be staying CSR and then Doubletree next week. If we like Doubletree may book there for our family...

I think that's an incredibly viable option for those interested. We're DVC and I don't care to rent a car or anything so it doesn't really change my plans. But I think it's a good option if one wanted larger rooms or a better price point!

WE changed to Shades of Green because of the change in policy

I had the very same problem. We want to go there on June 11th for lunch at 2pm, but no availability. I called Disney Dining and they couldn't help either. They said that the calendar doesn't show a closure or anything...just "they must not have their booking loaded. Check back." So I made a reservation for Tokyo Dining as a place holder. I will be checking back though, as I have heard really good reviews of Teppan Edo and I really want to give it a try. Good Luck with your efforts too! If I have any luck, I'll post it here for you.

For now, our plans are: Skipper Canteen, 50s Prime Time, Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue, (Universal Studios Day), Tusker House, Sanaa, Tokyo Dining (Hope to change to Teppan Edo), Yak and Yeti, Ohana, and Be Our Guest. Yippee!!!

<update: I’ve decided on Marrakesh as the backup plan if Teppan Edo doesn’t open up. Belly dancing and Baklava vs sushi and Japanese chefs throwing food....either one sounds good! >
We have HDDR (6/4), BOG (6/5), and Sanaa (6/6) as well! Any overlap?

Joining in - Coronado Springs June 9-11
Added on before our beach trip. Hoping for no rain this year as it rained ALOT on our big June 2017 trip.
I agree that it rained a lot this past June, but we didn’t mind it too much bc it kept temps low. In contrast, June 2016 was miserably hot. A nice medium would be best, though.

We had an awesome trip over Thanksgiving week, I was hoping to book a bounce back June 6th-15th. The discounts were not really that great so we are waiting and watching until Summer discounts are released. Anyone else waiting on discounts to book?
I always watch but this past June we rented points and now we own DVC....so it’s nice not to depend on the discounts. I know that around 12/28 is when the early June discounts usually come out.

I told DH this weekend that I hoped that Toy Story Land opened up while we were there so while all the people are all packed over in that land we can ride Toy Story Mania, ToT and RNR as many times as we want!! :rotfl2:

our boys are 19 and 16 and won't really care too much about riding the rides in TSL (I don't think.. :rolleyes1) so we could walk through, see it all and then get out of the crowds!!
You may already know this but they will be moving the entrance to Toy Story Midway Mania inside Toy Story Land, so it might still be quite busy. But maybe not.

This will be our first trip as DVC owners so that’s really exciting (we own at Boulder Ridge). Our first Hoop Dee Doo, our first visit to the Top of the World Lounge, first meal at Polite Pig, our first dinner at Be Our Guest, first time renting a boat to take out on the water. My soon to be 4 yr olds first ride on 7DMT and hopefully Splash (if he is tall enough) and maybe BTMRR. We are only doing one Park Day this trip though, so we may not get all that done though.

Okay, so disappointed there’s no EMM for 6/5. It would have helped us out bc we are just doing the one Park day but bc of a semi recent development we will get an opportunity to see MK again in 2018, as we are getting a (very short) fall break this year and we have decided to go down 10/3-10/6 and do the Halloween party! We got a great agency (that shall not be named) exclusive deal at Pop! It will be short and sweet and on the cheap but I don’t care. I get more Disney!

I will get to make ADRs two days after I make FPs for June. I think for the first time (but doubtfully the last) I will have two trips booked at the same time!

You may already know this but they will be moving the entrance to Toy Story Midway Mania inside Toy Story Land, so it might still be quite busy. But maybe not.

Yeah, I did NOT know that.:crazy2:...but maybe they'll all be waiting to get on the other new rides and will forget about Toy Story Mania!! :rolleyes1

Our second trip ever to Disney - booked for 6/17-6/24. Celebrating 15 year anniversary (and not a bad father's day gift to myself!).

Pop Century - Party of 4!

Hello!

I've not been to this thread in a bit, life was so busy and I ended up having total knee replacement surgery on my right knee the week before Thanksgiving, I am 6 weeks out from that, ironically 5 months out from Disney. I am likely to have my left knee replaced sometime in Jan, no date scheduled yet. Anyway, outside of that I am looking forward to our trip. We have finalized some details, we are now doing a split stay, we will be at POR May 29-June 3 and Orange Lake Resort June 3-9. We are doing 10 days at the parks, well more like 9.5 but it will be fine. We are not doing a park day on June 3 since that is our checkout/check in date.

I have dining booked, we're doing a few character meals and that's about it.
May 30th -9:10 am CRT Breakfast
May 31st - 5pm Whispering Canyon
June 1st - 8:45 am O'hana Breakfast
June 3rd - 8:55 am Bon Voyage Beakfast
June 4th - 12:20 pm BOG Lunch

My youngest saw a Disney planning video and now wants to do BBB, umm yikes. I may try and see if I can get her in after CRT on the 30th but I know it's not likely at this point. I will prob just do the cheap package and bring her own dress. We will see. :) I am still waiting for May/June discounts, because that could sway it her way LOL.

Last edited:
I thought I would share our dining plans and a few thoughts about our trip!!

June 8th
50's Prime Time
California Grill

June 9th
Crystal Palace
LTT (we will pay OOP)
Via Napoli

June 10th
Tusker House
Yak & Yeti
‘Ohana

June 11th
Garden Grill
Rose & Crown
Flying Fish

June 12th
Roaring Fork (we will pay OOP)
Keys to the Kingdom Tour (Lunch on the Tour!)
Le Cellier

June 13th

Hollywood &Vine
50's Prime Time
Narcoossee's

June 14th
Roaring Fork (we will pay OOP)
Somewhere in MK - OOP!

Some background on our reservations and dining style. Obviously, we have the DxDP – we are a family of 4 with 2 boys who will be 19 and 16 on this trip and they enjoy trying new food and who eat…a lot!

This our 5th trip to WDW and we’ve always gotten the DxDP and it works for us -we’ve realized over the years that we have some favorite places that we just can’t miss (like Crystal Palace and Yak & Yeti) and even 50s PT that we must do twice and that we need to start each day off with a sit down breakfast.

DH gets HOT at Disney in June and *requests* (requires) a sit-down lunch spot in the A/C where someone can bring him a drink so he can re-energize and we all appreciate his “needs” at that time of the day anyway! I learned this lesson the first trip when I didn’t plan lunches and thought we’d just “wing it” and we were walking around HS and DH was dripping sweat and hot and wanted to sit somewhere and kept asking me “where are we eating” and I kept saying “what do you want to eat” and EVERY restaurant wasn’t taking walk-ups….so we ended up eating burgers outside under a fan trying to find a breeze in Disney in hot, hot June…it was not pleasant….so…LESSON LEARNED! Always have a food plan!

All of our in park breakfasts are pre-park opening (fingers crossed it stays that way) and we’ve found we love getting in early and hoping on the rides! Last trip after b’fast at Tusker House we headed to Kali’ RR and rode it 4 times in a row without having to get off and then we hoped back on later with our FP+! It was great!

We’ve also come to appreciate the Signature Dinners at the end of the day, and now that alcoholic drinks are included for DH and I that’s a BONUS!! After those big, heavy meals we then head back into the parks for even more rides and fun! Last trip we had the best time riding BTMRR at 10pm in the dark! It feels like it's going crazy fast!!

California Grill is a new place for us this trip and I’m super excited about it! (anyone been and can recommend an entrée or dessert??) And our oldest DS will LOVE that he can get sushi as an appetizer!

We haven’t been to Flying Fish since it was renovated and re-opened.

We haven’t been to Le Cellier or ‘OHana (for dinner) since 2009 so I’m excited to be going back!

We are paying OOP for 4 meals, but I picked the QS breakfast at WL and the lunch at LTT which would be our cheapest meals (wait, can you say “cheap” and “meals” in the same sentence with Disney?? HA!). Last trip we also paid OOP for LTT and it worked out well, both DH and I got the salad and the boys got burger/thanksgiving feast and we split 1 dessert. The salad is FABULOUS and it wasn’t heavy or hot and it was a welcome change!

Our arrival flight gets us to MCO by 8am on June 8th so I’m SUPER excited to have a full day in the parks! We’ll head to WL, get checked in and I anticipate being in HS by 10am (fingers crossed)!! Lunch is at 11:30 and dinner is 5:45pm in case we’re ready to crash afterwards since we will have been up since 3:30am! (UGH! But it’s Disney so who can complain??!)

Our departing flight leaves MCO around 5pm, and with the ME leaving 4 hrs early that means we have to be back at the WL by 1pm, but I’m secretly hoping that after the holidays they bring it back down to 3 hrs so we’ll have until 2pm. Anyway, we’ll be packed that morning, eat b’fast at Roaring Fork, check out, drop off the bags, head to the park and squeeze in half a day! I *may* pack a bag to leave at guest services with a change of clothes in case folks want to shower off in the pool showers back at the WL before we had to MCO….just a thought though…

So there you have it….our very LARGE and organized dining plan!! :earseek:

What do you guys have planned ???

It looks like we're joining this group - headed down late June. Can't wait!
Welcome! If you care to share any details about your trip (or not!) I can update my list of travelers, perhaps you can find some Disboard friends to say hello to if you like. Welcome and have a great trip!

Our second trip ever to Disney - booked for 6/17-6/24. Celebrating 15 year anniversary (and not a bad father's day gift to myself!).

Pop Century - Party of 4!

Sounds like a great Father's Day gift to me, welcome!

Some background on our reservations and dining style. Obviously, we have the DxDP – we are a family of 4 with 2 boys who will be 19 and 16 on this trip and they enjoy trying new food and who eat…a lot!

This our 5th trip to WDW and we’ve always gotten the DxDP and it works for us -we’ve realized over the years that we have some favorite places that we just can’t miss (like Crystal Palace and Yak & Yeti) and even 50s PT that we must do twice and that we need to start each day off with a sit down breakfast.

I can definitely see two teenage boys being able to put away the food so the dining plan totally makes sense there. Mine doesn't eat enough for even the regular dining plan, and I certainly don't need the dessert every day! I'll have a hard time staying keto over my trip but I'll still be trying at least. Can't really avoid those churros or mickey pretzels if I wanted to :) I actually asked my son to decide between Crystal Palace and Garden Grill breakfast and he said "Do I have to...Why can't we do both??" Spoiled kid lol...So much for saving money on that front. Yak and Yeti and 50s PT is a must for us as well, but at least they're a little on the lower end. We tend to do pretty well out of pocket because we can share an adult meal and with beer that fills me up pretty well.

DH gets HOT at Disney in June and *requests* (requires) a sit-down lunch spot in the A/C where someone can bring him a drink so he can re-energize and we all appreciate his “needs” at that time of the day anyway! I learned this lesson the first trip when I didn’t plan lunches and thought we’d just “wing it” and we were walking around HS and DH was dripping sweat and hot and wanted to sit somewhere and kept asking me “where are we eating” and I kept saying “what do you want to eat” and EVERY restaurant wasn’t taking walk-ups….so we ended up eating burgers outside under a fan trying to find a breeze in Disney in hot, hot June…it was not pleasant….so…LESSON LEARNED! Always have a food plan!

I am just like your husband then, my face is melting more than the weirdo Nazi in Raiders of the Lost Ark after seeing the Ark open up. I love the blankety warmness on my arms and legs, but I definitely look like a hot mess quite literally. So I learned this the hard way as well. I'm moving away from PPO breakfasts to more brunch type times. I'm seeing the wave of the future, and it says we might not be able to make those early mornings for much longer. So I'm not going to try to push those PPOs as hard.

California Grill is a new place for us this trip and I’m super excited about it! (anyone been and can recommend an entrée or dessert??) And our oldest DS will LOVE that he can get sushi as an appetizer!

We haven’t been to Flying Fish since it was renovated and re-opened.

We haven’t been to Le Cellier or ‘OHana (for dinner) since 2009 so I’m excited to be going back!

I'm hoping we can do CA Grill this time, I have it booked but who knows if I'll change my mind once we get on the ground. I have 'Ohana for our first night at the Poly (moving over from Universal) and it's my favorite dinner on property. So to have it so early on would be kind of a downer but I figured if we want it again, we can order the room service to get a taste of it. Don't care who hates it, it's my jam for sure. I've never tried Le Cellier but it seems like that one is not as good as it used to be so it's not on my radar as of now. We are going to try Rose and Crown (hopefully) and that's more our scene!

Our arrival flight gets us to MCO by 8am on June 8th so I’m SUPER excited to have a full day in the parks! We’ll head to WL, get checked in and I anticipate being in HS by 10am (fingers crossed)!! Lunch is at 11:30 and dinner is 5:45pm in case we’re ready to crash afterwards since we will have been up since 3:30am! (UGH! But it’s Disney so who can complain??!)

Our departing flight leaves MCO around 5pm, and with the ME leaving 4 hrs early that means we have to be back at the WL by 1pm, but I’m secretly hoping that after the holidays they bring it back down to 3 hrs so we’ll have until 2pm. Anyway, we’ll be packed that morning, eat b’fast at Roaring Fork, check out, drop off the bags, head to the park and squeeze in half a day! I *may* pack a bag to leave at guest services with a change of clothes in case folks want to shower off in the pool showers back at the WL before we had to MCO….just a thought though…

Our departing flights (on the 8th) are also at around 5pm but we do not plan on using the Magical Express. I'll be checking our bags at RAC in the morning, grab breakfast, head into a park of some kind (probably MK for my personal sanity), then Uber over to the airport since I have precheck.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter