• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*****Official (??) June 2014 Thread -- Party Like It's Hot!*****

Tell your boys they get a sword!

Unfortunately, sword bribing won't work. DS5 and DH (who HATES and REFUSES to dress up for Halloween) are doing the Pirate's League experience together and they'll get swords doing that. Missing out of CRT will be worth seeing my DH is pirate make-up. He has a shaved head and a beard so I'm excited to see what they do to him. What I first asked him to do it he said, "You want to pay $30 for me to get my face painted?!" and I said, "No, I want you to pay $30 for a once in a lifetime experience with your son." I didn't think it would work in a million years but he immediately agreed to it...Disney magic is working for us before we even get there! :) Anyways, I'll do CRT one day, probably with my mom for a Mother's Day trip or something. I can wait patiently and do lots of fun boy stuff now.

Ok, then maybe we will just use that time to not rush anywhere but kind of get oriented. Maybe we can head for TT and if standby isn't long, do that, then do our FP. If it is long we'll just go ahead and use our FP first. At least the FP will help us not have to rush at rope drop to somewhere in a park we've never been in.

I'd go to TT first thing and try ride it twice - once SB and again with FP. If the lines look insane from the get go, Mission Space would be my next stop or go walk around Innoventions.

I'd go to TT first thing and try ride it twice - once SB and again with FP. If the lines look insane from the get go, Mission Space would be my next stop or go walk around Innoventions.

:thumbsup2 Seconding this suggestion! If the SB line isn't too long, you'll be able to go through the design a car process which will be bypassed with the FP (unless that's changed since last October :confused3). Mission Space is right next door otherwise.

:thumbsup2 Seconding this suggestion! If the SB line isn't too long, you'll be able to go through the design a car process which will be bypassed with the FP (unless that's changed since last October :confused3). Mission Space is right next door otherwise.

Thanks! Sounds like a plan!

Welcome. :)

Saturday RD HS morning EMH straight to TSMM, ride once and head over to catch EPCOT RD for stand by on TT before the end of our 9:20-10:20 Soarin' FP. Seas w/ Nemo FP at 10:20, Mission: SPACE FP at 11:20 and hopefully a 4th FP for Maelstrom, TT or Soarin again later at night. Characters between and WS roaming in the afternoon/evening for the Journey Tribute Band. Hop back over to HS to catch the second Fantasmic! if we don't add a day Friday/arrival day to do some headliners and see it.

Sunday RD MK straight to Space Mtn, 7DMT FP after 9:15, breakfast at Gaston's, Big Thunder FP 10:15-11:15, Splash Mtn FP 11:15. After that it's dark rides, taking our time with the heat, maybe a break from 2/3 to 7pm, Wishes & second MSEP and close out at 3am. Depending on how early we leave, we may hop to AK to see FotLK and EE before napping at the resort.

Trouble is I wonder if this is still too much. Will we even get to do TSMM during EMH and still make Epcot RD let alone maybe TSMM and Star Tours? Time Management has never been my forte.

Had some technical issues with the FP+ system. A call to Tech support and I was on my way. It was claiming 8 minutes to be answered, but my call was answered in 2. Then off the phone within 15.

Couldn't get another Dwarf FP, but that didn't come as a surprise. I just put both girls on Space Mountain and figure they can do stand by on the Dwarf's ride.

So, all in all, our plans didn't change much. :yay:

I'm so glad to hear you had a great trip. We've only got 5 days left. The anticipation is killing me. We are on the fence about staying for the SWW fireworks, I feel like we might need to now though. DH is a huge Star Wars fan. We'll have our 5 and 2 year olds with us though and we thought staying that late might be a bit much for them. Maybe I'll just head back with DS2 and he can have a Star Wars bonding moment at the fireworks with DS5. :confused3 Too many options for fun!!! P.S. I'm SO jealous of your CRT experience. It's just me and a bunch of boys so going there wasn't on anyone else's radar. :( Oh well, maybe I'll get to do it one day.

If you can swing it to do the SWW fireworks I would definitely do it! They are absolutely amazing! The skies lit up and it was so well timed with the Star Wars music. Amazing! My DH is not a Star Wars fan and he loved the fireworks as well. Said it was the best he's seen as well. Hope you have a great trip!

June 2014-POR; January 2013-POFQ; September 2011- POFQ; and May 2010-ASM

Do Disboarders still do the lime green thing? I got a few buttons from JoAnn Fabrics and I could deck out one. It would be neat to run into folks.

Do Disboarders still do the lime green thing? I got a few buttons from JoAnn Fabrics and I could deck out one. It would be neat to run into folks.

I have a DIS tag on my bag. Met a number of DISers on various trips by recognizing their tag/button or them noticing mine, so I say go for it.

Oh, seeing your screen name picture reminded me I need to fix up my LGMH or make new ones. Mine got a little beat up at DLR last summer.

I have to redo mine every year. I always print out 2 so that I have a spare. Water has seeped between the laminate sheets in the past, usually near the end of a trip when the tag has been beat up a bit. Don't forget to wear yours. I'm going to keep an eye out for you at POFQ :thumbsup2

I had a friend who did mine last year. She painted wooden door hangers, so mine is wood with several coats of sealant. I met a random DISer last year, on my birthday. Had no idea what to say (and I was getting sick...) But, it was pretty cool to be recognized.

This year, I'm going to have an Alien Green backpack. I'm still thinking of how I want to put my user name on it. I am tempted to take a black Sharpie to it and draw a Mickey head and my user name, but I don't know if I can do it.

And, hey...

10 days to my 10th trip, and my DD will be turning 10. :hippie:

I had a friend who did mine last year. She painted wooden door hangers, so mine is wood with several coats of sealant. I met a random DISer last year, on my birthday. Had no idea what to say (and I was getting sick...) But, it was pretty cool to be recognized.

This year, I'm going to have an Alien Green backpack. I'm still thinking of how I want to put my user name on it. I am tempted to take a black Sharpie to it and draw a Mickey head and my user name, but I don't know if I can do it.

And, hey...

10 days to my 10th trip, and my DD will be turning 10. :hippie:

I still have mine from my last trip. It is a laminated Green Mickey with my name on it. I pin it to my orange Baggalini. :) I always watch if I see people with Baggalinis because I just sense they are from here. lol

Do any of you have trouble getting out of the parks? I will tell D Family: OK now we are going back,to the room to relax, swim, recharge because (insert park of choice here) is open until midnight ( or later) and we will need energy for that. DFamily replies: Sounds great but...I just want to play one more round of Sorcerers...or Look the wait time for SSE is only ten minutes, lets do that first...or the parade starts in about half an hour, we should stay and see it....On our 7 night vacation, I think we managed a midday break twice . Read midday as 2 or 3 pm.
! LOL!

I have to redo mine every year. I always print out 2 so that I have a spare. Water has seeped between the laminate sheets in the past, usually near the end of a trip when the tag has been beat up a bit. Don't forget to wear yours. I'm going to keep an eye out for you at POFQ :thumbsup2

I still have mine from my last trip. It is a laminated Green Mickey with my name on it. I pin it to my orange Baggalini. :) I always watch if I see people with Baggalinis because I just sense they are from here. lol

I will be wearing mine on my small brown Large Wallet Baggalini! :rotfl2: Last summer it was fastened with a ball chain but that fell off and I lost it. I have the worst time trying to figure out how to attach them! I also try to put one on DH's backpack but it always fall off from all the stuffing it in to small places on the rides.

DH and I are taking this trip for our 25th anniversary, but today is our actual anniversary! :hug: Going out to dinner tonight, but nothing fancy since we are doing this big trip and DH still has grades to do.

I will be wearing mine on my small brown Large Wallet Baggalini! :rotfl2: Last summer it was fastened with a ball chain but that fell off and I lost it. I have the worst time trying to figure out how to attach them! I also try to put one on DH's backpack but it always fall off from all the stuffing it in to small places on the rides.

DH and I are taking this trip for our 25th anniversary, but today is our actual anniversary! :hug: Going out to dinner tonight, but nothing fancy since we are doing this big trip and DH still has grades to do.

Happy Happy Anniversary !! :love:

When I was at MK in March I bought a Mickey balloon. It had 2 mickey head weights tied to it and I saved those. I am in the process of painting those now with some lime green nail polish I had lying around. Hopefully it will turn out good.

I use zip ties/cable ties to secure ID tags to my suitcases. I am going to use one on my sling bag too for the ID tag and my little green mickey head (see above). That might help your mickey be more secure. I have seen pretty neon colored zip ties at Dollar Tree.

We have 4 days left until our trip and I'm getting so excited! I've almost just broken down and revealed it to the kids a dozen times, I know they'd share the excitement, but I'm holding off until it's time. Ordered them each a Mickey and Minnie plush from the disney store website that should be here today. Plan on giving them those with their Magic Bands at the reveal.
Even more exciting, DS turns 2 in 2 days! Besides the headphones we got him for his leappad (which are really for the plane) all of his presents are Disney related. :rotfl2: DD had a display at the library earlier this year of all of her Disney collectibles. We may have an obsession.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter