• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*****Official (??) June 2014 Thread -- Party Like It's Hot!*****

Do yourself a favor and go to a dollar store and pick up some ponchos. I bring 1 for each of us to the park each day and have extras in the room so we can throw them out if we want to. When we were there last weekend, we needed them one time. It did not rain on us in Saturday or Monday, even though the skies looked ominous. On Sunday we needed the ponchos so we suited up and waited under a overhang. We got lucky with the 2nd band of rain because we were inside having dinner. It usually doesn't last longer than 20 minutes or so.

I will add ponchos to my last minute list. Another quick question my DD is tiny will this work for her?

I will add ponchos to my last minute list. Another quick question my DD is tiny will this work for her?
I've found child sized ones at WalMart, but if you can't find those, we just tie the bottom ends in knots. It works for the little time you'll need it. :)

:welcome: mittmee mouse!

Just booked a last minute anniversary trip for our 10th! We're childless on this trip and staying at the GF for the first time. Can come one help with ideas? Here's what I've been thinking:

June 27-30
fri: MK/Epcot, eat dinner at Epcot - Via Napoli?
Sat: EMH at HS, early dinner at DTD - house of blues?, MK till close at 11, then maybe DTD later
Sun: AK, (MK/Epcot), dinner at California Grill, boardwalk.
Mon: depart

Our Calif Grill ressies are at 9:45. I remember talk about seeing one of the fireworks shows from there. Is that true? Epcot's or MK's?

TIA. If you have better ideas, I'm open!

That Friday, we'll be at MK! Heading out that Saturday. We've got CG ressies at 9:15 on the 25th...sooo looking forward to watching the fireworks!

Found it! (It's here, in case anyone else is interested.) It looks like most did use cheap nail polish with at least a top coat. I can't wait to try this on my day off! Mine is blue so now to decide: Dreamfinder/JtI theme, Elsa, Peter Pan or just outline the Mickey. I'm going to Oozma Kappa up Squishy's orange somehow and let DSis do her own thing with her green.
I thought about doing Monsters U. I have Art right here with me at the computer!

Do yourself a favor and go to a dollar store and pick up some ponchos. I bring 1 for each of us to the park each day and have extras in the room so we can throw them out if we want to. When we were there last weekend, we needed them one time. It did not rain on us in Saturday or Monday, even though the skies looked ominous. On Sunday we needed the ponchos so we suited up and waited under a overhang. We got lucky with the 2nd band of rain because we were inside having dinner. It usually doesn't last longer than 20 minutes or so.

We decided we would not bring ponchos but would just buy some there the first time we needed them (or maybe before) so we had one less thing to pack. Besides, at this point in the year rain gear will be pretty hard to find in the stores. I've just been hoping no hurricanes or tropical storms pop up! Rain in summer will be annoying but we can manage that. I've tried to learn about what to do and not do in lightning. Any tips for what to do in the parks if it happens? I can't remember the last time we had thunder and lightning and when it does come, it mostly comes at night when we are asleep, and only for a few minutes.

Ooooh is anyone going to use the #disjunies2014 on instagram? I don't do Twitter but I do Instagram!
How does Instagram work exactly. I was thinking of looking in to it before our trip. Are there any benefits to using it?

Name: Julia {Jules}
Travel Dates (if known): June 9th to June 16th!
Where Will You Be Staying?: For the first time we'll be staying at the Art of Animation, as it's the family goal to visit all hotels.
Travel Party: Me, my sister, my Mom, my Dad, and my 5 year old cousin.
Current Location: Not in Florida, unfortunately!
Favorite Disney Character: Mulan, all the way.
Favorite Disney Movie: Hm... Mulan, The Fox and the Hound, and Lilo and Stitch.
How Many Trips?: This will either be my 13th or 14th trip, I kind of forget. :rolleyes:
On-Site or Off?: On-Site.
Best Disney Story: Honestly? Just being in Disney is the best thing that could ever happen to someone. There's just this feeling that goes along with being there. When I think about the songs they play, the atmosphere, going to restaurants you go to once a year and yet somehow know so well? It's crazy, but it's pure magic. I think my best Disney experience may have been the Osborne Family Spectacle of Lights. I saw it once and I'll never unsee that crazy night. cx
What do you look forward to most on your next trip? This trip, I kind of just want to be there. The year's been kind of hectic so far and school's out for everybody. It's going to be hot and crowded but we were built for Disney, were we not. :cool1:

Did you change dates? I have you down as 6th through 12th... Either way...you're day is near!:cheer2:

It's been a LOOONG time since I logged in to Instagram, but it seems that I am rainydayplay there, too! #DisJunies2014 :goodvibes Now, to download it on my phone...again.... :rotfl:

It's been a LOOONG time since I logged in to Instagram, but it seems that I am rainydayplay there, too! #DisJunies2014 :goodvibes Now, to download it on my phone...again.... :rotfl:

Hmm.

I logged into Instagram and immediately got a "your account has been compromised and you should change your password" email. I guess it really HAS been a while since I logged in...

I thought about doing Monsters U. I have Art right here with me at the computer!

Great minds think alike! ::yes::
After talking with Squishy, she says she'd rather have hers as plain as possible, or maybe a Merida design. Too bad, I really wanted to put the OK symbol and Squishy's five eyes on hers.

Well, maybe she would like just a clear sparkle polish over it. Or at the very least, color in the groove around the MH.

I've been checking the wait times through the mde app and they don't look too bad so far. I know its still early June but I seem to recall crazy wait timed last year first week of July so I'm hoping that maybe this could be a good sign. Maybe FP+ is actually turning out have pretty positive effects.

What's everyone getting autographed by characters?

I bought a pillowcase, and embroidery hoop, and some fabric markers. I've dated it already, so just waiting to be able to meet some characters! We've got FP for A&E (although couldn't get the dress, I got something that I hope will work... This, in Aqua.

Now, I suppose we need to make a character list and figure out who we want to try to see and if it's possible. A&E, Tiana, Cinderella, Pocahontas are all she's mentioned, plus, we've got TH scheduled for breakfast (who all is there?)

:yay::yay: Hello to you! The fireworks at California Grill are the Magic Kingdom's show. You'll also be able to see the show from the Grand Floridian resort. I don't know if you booked a dining plan, but if you did not, restaurants.com had a coupon for House of Blues. I was looking last week. Just be sure to get the DTD location and not another. Also they state a minimum purchase, so if you don't think you'll reach that amount, don't get it. Have you checked the menus here at wdwinfo or allears.net ? They are both very good and have prices for the OOP group. Enjoy your vacation!

Hi! I did see the menus. We haven't been to any of these restaurants because when we come with the kids, they have their favorites! So we liked the opportunity to try new places. I didn't know if 9:45 was a good time or not to see anything.

Thanks for the restaurants.com tip. I'll check it out. No DP this time.

:welcome: mittmee mouse! That Friday, we'll be at MK! Heading out that Saturday. We've got CG ressies at 9:15 on the 25th...sooo looking forward to watching the fireworks!

Hey! Well that's fun! I've never been to CG. I'm thinking of having a cake delivered there, but not sure yet. I might want it earlier in the weekend.

What time are the fireworks? Do you have to request a special table?

I have my trusty-ol' under $10 Walmart special backpack that I've had since 2004. I used it my last two semesters in college, and I've carried it with me everywhere (especially Disney) since then. It is in GREAT condition.

However...

It has 4 pockets that have to be opened for WDW Security. Two of them, I never use. I keep thinking about how I can get away with NOT carrying my backpack, and I can't think of a way. I have to have something to carry wallet, phone, camera, ponchos, and other incidentals that no one else wants to carry. I did the cross-body bag once, but it really gets weighed down and was leaving a noticeable dent in my shoulder. I like the backpack because it holds more and is a more even distribution of weight. The more I try to figure out how to NOT go with a bag, the more I realize that I just can't do it. (Hi, my name is Kim, and I AM the family pack mule.)

So, I remember once upon a time seeing a Jansport backpack that was lime green. I searched Amazon and found one that has green straps and only TWO pockets. Now...hopefully it gets here before we leave (because it was a 3rd party seller...no Prime.)

I have a wooden LGMH, but I don't think it will stand out against this backpack...now what? :confused3:rotfl:

What's everyone getting autographed by characters?

I bought a pillowcase, and embroidery hoop, and some fabric markers. I've dated it already, so just waiting to be able to meet some characters! We've got FP for A&E (although couldn't get the dress, I got something that I hope will work... This, in Aqua.

Now, I suppose we need to make a character list and figure out who we want to try to see and if it's possible. A&E, Tiana, Cinderella, Pocahontas are all she's mentioned, plus, we've got TH scheduled for breakfast (who all is there?)

I don't get autographs, especially since it is just DH and I now. I do like pictures with them especially to put up in my classroom. The preschoolers like to see that I met Minnie Mouse, etc. But if the line is long we don't wait. It seems like you have to be more intentional to meet characters at WDW. Like make a point to go to a character spot. At DLR we just stop if we are walking by someone standing there with not much line. Seems like that may not happen as much at WDW.

Hey! Well that's fun! I've never been to CG. I'm thinking of having a cake delivered there, but not sure yet. I might want it earlier in the weekend.

What time are the fireworks? Do you have to request a special table?

We've never been, either. Wishes is scheduled for 10 the night we're there (if I remember correctly), and I've heard that there's not a bad view, plus there's the observation deck. I'm hoping this is an awesome experience for DD's 10th birthday.

I don't get autographs, especially since it is just DH and I now. I do like pictures with them especially to put up in my classroom. The preschoolers like to see that I met Minnie Mouse, etc. But if the line is long we don't wait. It seems like you have to be more intentional to meet characters at WDW. Like make a point to go to a character spot. At DLR we just stop if we are walking by someone standing there with not much line. Seems like that may not happen as much at WDW.

It really depends on the character. There are spots you can just run into them with a short line, and some are lines you'll wait in forever. We've run into them in odd places, sometimes seeing some you wouldn't expect to see. If you want to guarantee that you'll see certain ones, though, you find out where those will be and when. It's easier to see the ones who don't have fastpass lines (I suppose that's obvious), so if you see one just out and about the parks, shouldn't take long if their line is still taking on people. Woody/Jessie, Frontier versions of the Fab Five in Frontierland. Pooh and Tigger around the Pooh ride in Fantasyland. Aladdin/Jasmine in Adventureland. Tiana in Liberty Square. We've seen Daisy, Marry Poppins, and a few others in the Town Square area of Main Street USA.

Get into EPCOT and the World Showcase, and you can find characters with short lines in the countries they come from. Fiesta Donald in Mexico, Mulan in China, Belle and the Beast (Marie, too) in France, Alice, the Red Queen, Mary Poppins, Pooh, etc. in the UK. Jasmine/Aladdin in Morocco. We've gone to AK and there were characters out at rope drop, or have seen Stitch, Dug, etc., standing around. Even in Camp Minnie Mickey, you could see safari versions of the Fab 5 with relatively short lines. (Lots of these I'm mentioning, we never did, but if we're planning on trying to fill up this pillowcase, we may be trying harder, too...)

But, if you want to meet Rapunzel, Cinderella, Tinkerbell and her friends, Mickey (sometimes), Anna & Elsa...you're going to stand in line. Same with Merida (although I wonder what her lines are like now that there's a new set of princesses in town...) Beyond that... lines are generally short.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter