• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

*****Official (??) June 2014 Thread -- Party Like It's Hot!*****

Best Disney Story: My DS was 3 and had just been diagnosed with autism. we were devastated as a family and needed some hope. At a Disney parade, our son spontaneously pointed (sharing something he saw with us!) for the first time ever! It was Mickey on the steps of the castle. Changed our lives!

This is such a neat story. I actually have tears in my eyes. My DS is a special education teacher and I can't wait to share your story with him. I also have a great niece that is autistic and they went to WDW a year and a half ago. They said she loved it!

Thanks so much for sharing!!

Meh. Took the dog out this morning, and it's all ice in our yard. :(

On the upside, State Superintendent Tommy Bice has said that all school closures during this declared "state of emergency" do not have to be made up. :hyper: I don't know about you...but we won't get out until after Memorial Day (which I think is ridiculous, as my daughter, who goes to school in a different system than where I teach, gets out a full week earlier. She got Labor Day -- I didn't. I got two more days for Thanksgiving than she did (which means I got all her Christmas presents wrapped, which wasn't so bad...), and our spring breaks are two weeks apart, too.)

:cool1: Graduation is set here for the 22nd and we are supposed to leave the 24th. Hoping the damage to the car isn't severe. If I have to get a new one, we can't go to Disney. :headache:

Name: Dawn
Travel Dates (if known): June 9-16
Where Will You Be Staying?: Coronado Springs!
Travel Party: DH, DS 15(turning 16 while there), DD 12
Current Location: upstate SC
Favorite Disney Character: Mickey
Favorite Disney Movie: The Little Mermaid
How Many Trips?: 5
On-Site or Off?: on

What do you look forward to most on your next trip? We are doing the Wild Africa Trek at Animal Kingdom and we are all VERY excited about it!

To all you Alabama-ians(?), my DD is in school in Birmingham and is also suffering with the weather! This is a girl who NEVER saw snow until she was 19 and in college! We commiserate by saying,"I just wanna go to Disney! Can't wait for June!"

Ddawnmommy, I have wanted to do Wild Africa Trek since they started it! So cool that you have it booked! Be sure to post some comments on your experience :-D

:welcome: ddawnmommy!

Name: Dawn
Travel Dates (if known): June 9-16
Where Will You Be Staying?: Coronado Springs!
Travel Party: DH, DS 15(turning 16 while there), DD 12
Current Location: upstate SC
Favorite Disney Character: Mickey
Favorite Disney Movie: The Little Mermaid
How Many Trips?: 5
On-Site or Off?: on

What do you look forward to most on your next trip? We are doing the Wild Africa Trek at Animal Kingdom and we are all VERY excited about it!

One day, that Wild Africa Trek is on my to-do list...just not sure when one day will get here......

To all you Alabama-ians(?), my DD is in school in Birmingham and is also suffering with the weather! This is a girl who NEVER saw snow until she was 19 and in college! We commiserate by saying,"I just wanna go to Disney! Can't wait for June!"

We are managing. It's just ice here, though. No snow...but roads are still icy and we've been out of school since Tuesday, with another day tomorrow. (Which...like I said...flu...so this is actually working out for me... no sick days...no sub plans... It's all good. :thumbsup2)

I went to Auburn. During our 3 day orientation (Camp War Eagle!), our group was sitting outside at dusk when a palmetto bug rushed by. This one girl was from Colorado, and apparently they don't have roaches that big out there. The rest of us were like, "It's just a bug. Better out here than inside, right?"

On the other hand, we had a few flakes fall one day (later on, when I was a student, of course.) All of us southerners rushed the window. "OMG! Snow!" And everyone from points further north was just, "uh...it's snow. You people are lame."

::yes:: Actually May 24th for me! If my car is not too badly damaged!! I was able to move it and get it home, and it is drivable!!

Hi, All,

So I joined this group late and then I had to go MIA!

Long story short, my dad was in a very horrific car accident and that took my attention. It also put a question mark over our trip. I then got run down and very sick myself. However, my dad is nothing short of a miracle and is doing pretty well.

Sooooo... we have officially booked for POFQ for June 25 - July 4.

Now I'm behind on ADRs and such, but we eat at off times. Plus, with two of us it isn't quite as hard.

Let the planning begin! :cool1:

Hey, melnbl :-)! Congratulations on the possible salvage of your car! It really stinks to have something like that happen when you're looking forward to a great vacation! Our second trip to the World took place about a month after I lost my job. We of course went anyway :P I mean it was already paid for, right? The summer that followed was really financially tight, but the vacation was perfect!

Hi, All,

Long story short, my dad was in a very horrific car accident and that took my attention. It also put a question mark over our trip. I then got run down and very sick myself. However, my dad is nothing short of a miracle and is doing pretty well.

Now I'm behind on ADRs and such, but we eat at off times. Plus, with two of us it isn't quite as hard.

Glad to hear your dad is ok and feeling well. My DF and I will be right next door to you the same dates at POR for our honeymon. Really looking forward to exploring POR and POFQ....and lots of drinking :P

Glad to hear your dad is ok and feeling well. My DF and I will be right next door to you the same dates at POR for our honeymon. Really looking forward to exploring POR and POFQ....and lots of drinking :P

Oh how fun! I Love POFQ because it is so small and quaint, and the boat to DTD is a great plus.

I'm sure you'll have an awesome time. The property of POR is so pretty.

We honeymooned at Disney too. It's what got my husband hooked, and he didn't think he was going to like it! Haha.

Hi, All,

Hey Wintershawl, I saw you posted on the July thread too - our dates coincide and we are also staying at POFQ/split BLT. I will have my Lime Green Mickey Head with my DIS name on my backpack so if you see us, please yell across/come over and say hi :)

So glad your Dad is doing ok. I hope he has a full recovery before Disney. I think a good trip and some fun might aid that process :goodvibes

Hey Wintershawl, I saw you posted on the July thread too - our dates coincide and we are also staying at POFQ/split BLT. I will have my Lime Green Mickey Head with my DIS name on my backpack so if you see us, please yell across/come over and say hi :)

So glad your Dad is doing ok. I hope he has a full recovery before Disney. I think a good trip and some fun might aid that process :goodvibes

I will have a Lime Green Mickey Head on my backpack as well. I still have it from my last trip. One of the group members made them up for us.

I got my Disney Tour books today that I always pour over even when I don't need to.... so all ready to plan!

Ok...so...the picture obviously didn't post. I can't figure out how to get it to post. Any suggestions? I'm usually technology savvy but it just won't work. :confused:

Ok...so...the picture obviously didn't post. I can't figure out how to get it to post. Any suggestions? I'm usually technology savvy but it just won't work. :confused:

Usually I upload photos to a place like Photobucket and then copy and paste the html code link.

There's probably other ways, but that's what I do.

I am photo illiterate too! But I love checking out everyone's pictures on the boards:-) The picture of the day thread is one I follow religiously ; but not on the tablet because I can't view all the pics on it. Frustrating, but true! No I don't have an i-pad!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter