***Official June, 2012! Hot, hot, hot!!!***

Well, we got back home yesterday from 4 miserable days at WDW, the rain I could deal with, but the in-laws were a nightmare from you know where.

Had a nice birthday breakfast with klmall, but the rest of the day, they made me so miserable.

We got to see and do very little with them almost always complaining.

I want a do over!

For those going in the next few days, I hope you have a fabulous time.

I'm so sorry you had such a terrible time. Our trip was a mixed bag of a teary me saying, "omg, let's just go home" to it being the most wonderful moment of my life. We were supposed to go in January, but after this last trip, I don't know how I can convince the DH. The kids complained about every ride. We even had to reassure them that "it's a small world" didn't have a big drop. The complained less about rides on their first trip at 5 & 6. Then I got into it with a British lady near Liberty Tree Tavern. We had checked in and wanted to go sit down on those white benches under the white latic work. Well this big family, that was talking to a CM was blocking the entire pathway. Our feet hurt so bad, that it felt like we were walking barefoot on shards of glass. There was enough room between the husband and a pillar for my and the DSs to squeeze through, but not my DH. He politely asked the man to move 3 times. When the man didn't move, my DH just squeezed through, and bumped the man. They got the answers they wanted and they walked off. Well the wife came back, pushing a stroller and said something to the effect of, "you know it's really rude to push past someone that is talking to someone" and you could hear the anger in her voice. I said, "well it's equally rude to block an entire pathway." To which her extremely adult response was, "well you need to lose weight." To which my equally adult response was, "well you just need to go home." The entire time she didn't stop, but kept walking.
The best parts of the WDW part of the trip were being seated at a window seat at California Grill while for the fireworks. Oh, and if you get on a bus and the driver is an older gentleman named Sal, you are one of the lucky ones. He took us one morning from the Pop to the MK, and had everyone laughing and singing.
The worst part of the trip was coming home sick, probably from being wet so much. We stopped at Pensacola Beach on the way home and stayed on the beach. We played in the gulf a bit, couldn't actually swim b/c it was a red flag day. Then we got in the resorts pool that had a lazy river. My DH decided it was time to get in the hot tub when I was constantly shaking, goose bumps all over my arms, and my lips were turning blue.

omg, my daughter (who is 7) had to be convenced that no rides had drops after she went on ToT. She had gone on Space and BTMRR the day before but after ToT she decided that if a ride required seatbelts it went too fast!

Holy cow this week is dragging by!!! Last day of final exams today - I'm packing up my classroom now! Then one day of inservice Thursday and graduation on Friday! Once we hit the weekend, it'll be just a few short sleeps until DD and I jet out of New England! Gah! Cannot wait!!! We picked up two new rain jackets from Dick's Sporting Goods last weekend, so hopefully we'll be prepared for the rain! Bringing extra shoes to change into as well. :thumbsup2

Yes, time is creeping slower and slower it seems the closer we get. I expect it to slow to a snail’s pace for us come Monday. If only it would do that while we are there. :scratchin

I’m going to pull out the bags tonight and start throwing some things in that I know we won’t need in between now and when we leave in a week. Trying to make a final decision on packing or ordering pull-ups and a pack of wipes. I’m already planning on packing swim diapers and overnight diapers, but not sure about the pull-ups and wipes yet. I also want to have time to switch things around in between the bags. My goal is to be done packing the suitcases by Monday night because even though we don’t leave until Thursday, we’ll be really busy Tuesday evening and Wednesday won’t be home until after 6 and since I have to get up at 4:30, I want to get to bed after I get ds down.

omg, my daughter (who is 7) had to be convenced that no rides had drops after she went on ToT. She had gone on Space and BTMRR the day before but after ToT she decided that if a ride required seatbelts it went too fast!

All mine did was ride Kali River Rapids and walk towards EE. Then the entire trip, we had to assure them that a ride wasn't too fast or had a huge drop. My DH did end up making them ride BTMRR.

I'm so sorry you had such a terrible time. Our trip was a mixed bag of a teary me saying, "omg, let's just go home" to it being the most wonderful moment of my life. We were supposed to go in January, but after this last trip, I don't know how I can convince the DH. The kids complained about every ride. We even had to reassure them that "it's a small world" didn't have a big drop. The complained less about rides on their first trip at 5 & 6. Then I got into it with a British lady near Liberty Tree Tavern. We had checked in and wanted to go sit down on those white benches under the white latic work. Well this big family, that was talking to a CM was blocking the entire pathway. Our feet hurt so bad, that it felt like we were walking barefoot on shards of glass. There was enough room between the husband and a pillar for my and the DSs to squeeze through, but not my DH. He politely asked the man to move 3 times. When the man didn't move, my DH just squeezed through, and bumped the man. They got the answers they wanted and they walked off. Well the wife came back, pushing a stroller and said something to the effect of, "you know it's really rude to push past someone that is talking to someone" and you could hear the anger in her voice. I said, "well it's equally rude to block an entire pathway." To which her extremely adult response was, "well you need to lose weight." To which my equally adult response was, "well you just need to go home." The entire time she didn't stop, but kept walking.
The best parts of the WDW part of the trip were being seated at a window seat at California Grill while for the fireworks. Oh, and if you get on a bus and the driver is an older gentleman named Sal, you are one of the lucky ones. He took us one morning from the Pop to the MK, and had everyone laughing and singing.
The worst part of the trip was coming home sick, probably from being wet so much. We stopped at Pensacola Beach on the way home and stayed on the beach. We played in the gulf a bit, couldn't actually swim b/c it was a red flag day. Then we got in the resorts pool that had a lazy river. My DH decided it was time to get in the hot tub when I was constantly shaking, goose bumps all over my arms, and my lips were turning blue.

Omgoodness, I guess everybody was just miserable. At least with your children, you can discipline them and straightenen them out, when it's adults, you can't really do that.

We went to our counseling session today and he has advised us to avoid Dh's mother and step-father forever, he said he doesn't usually advise this, but it was just best for us. We both agreed. They're supposed to come over Labor Day, he says we need to go ahead with the preliminary plans we had made before and tell them we were going to be away.

He also told DH that he needs to make my birthday up to me and celebrate it right, so I guess since he has drill this weekend, we will have a birthday party next weekend, just he and I.

Omgoodness, I guess everybody was just miserable. At least with your children, you can discipline them and straightenen them out, when it's adults, you can't really do that.

We went to our counseling session today and he has advised us to avoid Dh's mother and step-father forever, he said he doesn't usually advise this, but it was just best for us. We both agreed. They're supposed to come over Labor Day, he says we need to go ahead with the preliminary plans we had made before and tell them we were going to be away.

He also told DH that he needs to make my birthday up to me and celebrate it right, so I guess since he has drill this weekend, we will have a birthday party next weekend, just he and I.

Very true. In the end I decided it was just as much my fault as it was their's. They are old enough to decide if they want to take the chicken exit or not. We didn't make them ride Space Mtn with us.

Your conselor sounds like a good one. Hopefully, your birthday do over is better. The DH and I are talking about doing a weekend do-over with just the two of us. We are talking about taking a 4 day weekend at a beach resort, probably some where in Texas. I wish we could make it back to the Holiday Inn Resort on Pensacola Beach. That place was amazing!!

Yes, time is creeping slower and slower it seems the closer we get. I expect it to slow to a snail’s pace for us come Monday. If only it would do that while we are there. :scratchin

I’m going to pull out the bags tonight and start throwing some things in that I know we won’t need in between now and when we leave in a week. Trying to make a final decision on packing or ordering pull-ups and a pack of wipes. I’m already planning on packing swim diapers and overnight diapers, but not sure about the pull-ups and wipes yet. I also want to have time to switch things around in between the bags. My goal is to be done packing the suitcases by Monday night because even though we don’t leave until Thursday, we’ll be really busy Tuesday evening and Wednesday won’t be home until after 6 and since I have to get up at 4:30, I want to get to bed after I get ds down.

Bless your heart, I remember those days of packing for Disney with really little ones! So sweet!!!! Emma is 19 now (when did THAT happen???) and I do miss those days!!! And yes, wouldn't it be nice to be able to manipulate time by slowing down the good parts and speeding up the boring bits? Hahaha!

PS - Heading over to read your PTR! :goodvibes

Very true. In the end I decided it was just as much my fault as it was their's. They are old enough to decide if they want to take the chicken exit or not. We didn't make them ride Space Mtn with us.

Your conselor sounds like a good one. Hopefully, your birthday do over is better. The DH and I are talking about doing a weekend do-over with just the two of us. We are talking about taking a 4 day weekend at a beach resort, probably some where in Texas. I wish we could make it back to the Holiday Inn Resort on Pensacola Beach. That place was amazing!!

We didn't even get over that far in the park. We left CP and headed to Adventureland and then around as far as IASW and that was it. We didn't even get to see the new Fantasyland area. I did get to ride BTMRR, once during the day and once at night, it was awesome.

Yeah, I think our counselor is a good one. DH and I will have to discuss Labor Day when we have more than 5 minutes together, but I think we need to make plans of our own and be done with his mom. I just worry about hurting feelings and burning bridges, but he said we needed to really think about us and we are what's important to each other in the end.

Ok, I must hear about the Holiday Inn Resort at Pensacola Beach, we haven't been to Pensacola before and it's only about 4 hours from us, I think. I have been craving a couple of beach days.

We have to sit down and decide what we will do for my birthday do over, I want something big, but we just don't have the friends to do that with.

We didn't even get over that far in the park. We left CP and headed to Adventureland and then around as far as IASW and that was it. We didn't even get to see the new Fantasyland area. I did get to ride BTMRR, once during the day and once at night, it was awesome.

Yeah, I think our counselor is a good one. DH and I will have to discuss Labor Day when we have more than 5 minutes together, but I think we need to make plans of our own and be done with his mom. I just worry about hurting feelings and burning bridges, but he said we needed to really think about us and we are what's important to each other in the end.

Ok, I must hear about the Holiday Inn Resort at Pensacola Beach, we haven't been to Pensacola before and it's only about 4 hours from us, I think. I have been craving a couple of beach days.

We have to sit down and decide what we will do for my birthday do over, I want something big, but we just don't have the friends to do that with.

Well if I weren't still sick (and broke) from our recent trip, we would totally come out and celebrate with you.

At the resort there are two levels of rooms. When we were there, the Gulf view was $299 and the Bay view was $259 (taxes included). Since they were pretty low, we got a Gulf view for a Bay view, and we got on the 11th floor (which is the top floor). It's not far from a pier and has a bridgey-type pathway out to the beach. There are three hot tubs, but only two worked while we were there. The pool is zero entry and has a small lazy river attached to it. There is a bar near the pool, but just not a swim up bar. On the bottom floor of the resort, there is a full restaurant, with a bar, and a coffee shop.
Here is the view from our balcony...
PensacolaBeach.jpg

This is the pool area....
PensacolaBeachPoolatDay.jpg

If it weren't a 12 hour drive for us, we would try and make it back there for a weekend before the summer is over.

Well if I weren't still sick (and broke) from our recent trip, we would totally come out and celebrate with you.

At the resort there are two levels of rooms. When we were there, the Gulf view was $299 and the Bay view was $259 (taxes included). Since they were pretty low, we got a Gulf view for a Bay view, and we got on the 11th floor (which is the top floor). It's not far from a pier and has a bridgey-type pathway out to the beach. There are three hot tubs, but only two worked while we were there. The pool is zero entry and has a small lazy river attached to it. There is a bar near the pool, but just not a swim up bar. On the bottom floor of the resort, there is a full restaurant, with a bar, and a coffee shop.
Here is the view from our balcony...
PensacolaBeach.jpg

This is the pool area....
PensacolaBeachPoolatDay.jpg

If it weren't a 12 hour drive for us, we would try and make it back there for a weekend before the summer is over.

Thank you for sharing your pictures. I will have to check it out. I really want to go away for Labor Day weekend, but not sure about DH. I have found a great deal at our favorite resort in Sandestin for a really nice condo for $109/night with a shuttle to the beach across the street on their property, I think I might be able to persuade him.

12 hours is a long drive.

Omgoodness, I guess everybody was just miserable.

[FONT="Comic Sans MS" Our trip was a mixed bag of a teary me saying, "omg, let's just go home" to it being the most wonderful moment of my life. [/FONT]

It must have been something in the water, as our trip was a mixed bag as well. We had our share of bickering, crying, massive physical pain (I cannot believe I still have feet!), and then joy! I really do believe the rain helped add to the craziness. I really got depressed having to wear ponchos everywhere and then having certain rides/attractions not operating or the pool being closed. It's so hard when you spend so much time planning and have a certain expectation of how things should be and then it doesn't turn out that way!

letthewookiewin :The pictures of that hotel look incredible! I feel like I got gipped a bit and want a do-over! I can't believe that was my vacation and now it's all over! :sad1: I'll have to keep that place in the back pocket!

PrincessSuzanne It must feel so good to have a third party back you up in your in-law situation! It sounds like great advice! Maybe it was good the trip happened so that it was able to bring some finality to the situation. I hope you get to enjoy a nice birthday with your DH!

We arrived back home this morning from our trip(6/7-6/14). For all of you who were at WDW on Thursday 6/7 I know you were with me on a very stormy day. It was our arrival day at CBR & I had the pool & a slow but nice day planned for us.(no park tickets for arrival day, thank goodness) but I didn't know it was going to be a very long late afternoon & evening in our room with rain & more rain. We expected the pop up storms but nothing like that Thursday & we have been to WDW during the same week in June for a few years. We did drive the rental car over to the food court/gift shop just to get out. But we kept our spirits high & had a wonderful trip. We have some fun memories with our ponchos on. The Barnstormer in the rain at night is lots of fun:wizard:

It must have been something in the water, as our trip was a mixed bag as well. We had our share of bickering, crying, massive physical pain (I cannot believe I still have feet!), and then joy! I really do believe the rain helped add to the craziness. I really got depressed having to wear ponchos everywhere and then having certain rides/attractions not operating or the pool being closed. It's so hard when you spend so much time planning and have a certain expectation of how things should be and then it doesn't turn out that way!

letthewookiewin :The pictures of that hotel look incredible! I feel like I got gipped a bit and want a do-over! I can't believe that was my vacation and now it's all over! :sad1: I'll have to keep that place in the back pocket!

PrincessSuzanne It must feel so good to have a third party back you up in your in-law situation! It sounds like great advice! Maybe it was good the trip happened so that it was able to bring some finality to the situation. I hope you get to enjoy a nice birthday with your DH!

I know, I can't believe we still have feet as well. I seriously thought about just chopping them off after the 2 AM MK night. I'm trying to convince the DH for him and I to for go my birthday in January, but it's not looking good. After this last trip, he doesn't want to go back for another 10 or 12 years, "if your lucky".

Online check in day! 10 days until I'm back!

YIPPEE!

Made dinner reservations for 9 Dragons in Epcot for day 2, woo hoo!

I think I'll do the banana dance! :banana:

I know, I can't believe we still have feet as well. I seriously thought about just chopping them off after the 2 AM MK night. I'm trying to convince the DH for him and I to for go my birthday in January, but it's not looking good. After this last trip, he doesn't want to go back for another 10 or 12 years, "if your lucky".

It must have been something in the rain...lol. I had alot of trouble with my foot, and I was using an ECV, because it's still not strong enough to handle tha tmuch walking, but I took pain pills every night to deal with it. DH had new tennis shoes this time and I didn't hear one complaint about his feet.

The ponchos were a pain in the butt, on and off and repeat. We also had umbrellas, it was awful. I'd get them put away and then it would start raining again.

I am really glad to have a Third party behind us as well. I felt really good after talking it out and DH admitted just how good my mother had been to him. They had their moments, but she never acted the way his mother did.

I am thinking about asking DH if we can go back over Labor Day, instead of the beach. I really want a do-over and with the miltary tickets and resort discount, I think we can pull it off. His birthday is the weekend before and he will probably have drill. I will ask him what he wants to do, but I am sure I already know the answer.

It must have been something in the rain...lol. I had alot of trouble with my foot, and I was using an ECV, because it's still not strong enough to handle tha tmuch walking, but I took pain pills every night to deal with it. DH had new tennis shoes this time and I didn't hear one complaint about his feet.

The ponchos were a pain in the butt, on and off and repeat. We also had umbrellas, it was awful. I'd get them put away and then it would start raining again.

I am really glad to have a Third party behind us as well. I felt really good after talking it out and DH admitted just how good my mother had been to him. They had their moments, but she never acted the way his mother did.

I am thinking about asking DH if we can go back over Labor Day, instead of the beach. I really want a do-over and with the miltary tickets and resort discount, I think we can pull it off. His birthday is the weekend before and he will probably have drill. I will ask him what he wants to do, but I am sure I already know the answer.

Oh, we just didn't deal with the ponchos. We had an umbrella, but left it in the room. I didn't feel like dealing with either. Of course, that might be part of the reason I am sick.

Hopefully you'll get the Labor Day do-over. I was really hoping to still go in January, but the DH is not budging on it. I was supposed to make ADRs for that trip soon, but looks like I won't be able to. Maybe if they'll announce free dinning, I can convince him to go for the weekend just the two of us.

You totally hit it on the head with the ponchos! It felt like shampoo: lather, rinse, repeat! My DH actually carried around a backpack so we could stow them for the brief moments it didn't rain!

Except my 9 yo, we all had foot issues. Moleskin was a total godsend for my 12 yo DD and DH used it too. She had blisters, but we are convinced it wasn't from her Croc flips but the constant rain and rubbing. For me, it was a combo of plantar fascitis and who knows what. I remember the one night sitting on the bed and literally didn't think I could stand up to walk to the bathroom! I wore my pedometer while we there for a few days and we averaged about 8 miles a day of walking. That might explain it! I found that standing was WAY worse than walking.

I hope you can go back and get a do over. I'm sure the weather will be better and especially the company! ;) I know better than to even broach it over here. I think I'm going to start putting a bug in DH's ear about a cruise! :lmao: Why do they have to be so expensive!!!!

Oh, we just didn't deal with the ponchos. We had an umbrella, but left it in the room. I didn't feel like dealing with either. Of course, that might be part of the reason I am sick.

Hopefully you'll get the Labor Day do-over. I was really hoping to still go in January, but the DH is not budging on it. I was supposed to make ADRs for that trip soon, but looks like I won't be able to. Maybe if they'll announce free dinning, I can convince him to go for the weekend just the two of us.

You totally hit it on the head with the ponchos! It felt like shampoo: lather, rinse, repeat! My DH actually carried around a backpack so we could stow them for the brief moments it didn't rain!

Except my 9 yo, we all had foot issues. Moleskin was a total godsend for my 12 yo DD and DH used it too. She had blisters, but we are convinced it wasn't from her Croc flips but the constant rain and rubbing. For me, it was a combo of plantar fascitis and who knows what. I remember the one night sitting on the bed and literally didn't think I could stand up to walk to the bathroom! I wore my pedometer while we there for a few days and we averaged about 8 miles a day of walking. That might explain it! I found that standing was WAY worse than walking.

I hope you can go back and get a do over. I'm sure the weather will be better and especially the company! ;) I know better than to even broach it over here. I think I'm going to start putting a bug in DH's ear about a cruise! :lmao: Why do they have to be so expensive!!!!

Dh and I love having no children and just being able to go. We have taken and gone with children before and they behaved so much better than my MIL :rotfl2:

DH doesn't care whether I book again or not, he will probably never say no to a trip to WDW. I'm the one who gets cautious. I will ask him what he wants to do since it's his birthday, but he is getting tickets to Talladega again, I've already put a deposit on those. He had already said ok about going to the beach, but I think with the events last week, we will probably choose Disney again.

In fact, I just called and booked Shades of Green for 8/31 thru 9/3 and will see what he says tonight. With their special, it will be cheaper than Pop and we will be closer to MK and Epcot. Since he would have to drive down on Friday morning after he gets home from work and drive back to go to work on Monday, not sure he wants to do that. But you can't beat $209 for 3 nights and SoG is comparable to a Deluxe to a degree.

I have Plantar Fascitis and have for awhile, but I also tore both ligaments in my left foot last April 2011 and have had major problems since. I have to wear a special brace and I worried about it getting wet, but it seems to be fine.

I decided I wanted to do a cruise next June for my 40th Birthday, DH keeps pushing me to book it, I just can't seem to make myself do it. If the military discounts stop at WDW, we might have to cut back on our trips to once a year, so I would really like to go back in case that happens.

Just did online check in for our flight!! I'm excited because my sister and I are not only sitting next to eachother, but we didn't have to pay extra for assigned seating!! Tomorrow morining we go!!:cool1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter