***Official June, 2012! Hot, hot, hot!!!***

Like Echo queen said, it's more than a passing shower. I second the second pair of shoes,or crocs. Tonight is very nice though and for the first time no ponchos! The news said it should be getting better by Saturday with just the normal 20% chance in pm as usual. Just be prepared! We're having a blast no matter what!

Glad your having a great time. WDW is the bestest:banana::banana:

It's finally here we are on our way to the airport party:

:mickeyjum:goofy::donald::dumbo::tigger::stitch:

Thanks to everyone for counting down and providimng great tips :thumbsup2

:woohoo: for everyone who has left already or leaves today or in the next few days.

We are down to 2 weeks.

:banana:

Getting in the van this morning I told dd, "Two weeks from now, we'll be at the airport."

Ds started saying airport, airport and making plane engine noises.

Dd started saying :yay: two weeks, but suddenly got a :eek: look. She said, "You mean 2 weeks from right now?" She'd forgotten how early in the morning our flight leaves. :lmao:

It's an 8am flight, which of course means we have to be at the airport around 6am. Fortunately for us, we only live about 30 minutes away from it. Otherwise, Lord help us. :rotfl: She's not much of a morning person, but going on vacation usually makes her one.

:woohoo: for everyone who has left already or leaves today or in the next few days.

We are down to 2 weeks.

:banana:

Getting in the van this morning I told dd, "Two weeks from now, we'll be at the airport."

Ds started saying airport, airport and making plane engine noises.

Dd started saying :yay: two weeks, but suddenly got a :eek: look. She said, "You mean 2 weeks from right now?" She'd forgotten how early in the morning our flight leaves. :lmao:

It's an 8am flight, which of course means we have to be at the airport around 6am. Fortunately for us, we only live about 30 minutes away from it. Otherwise, Lord help us. :rotfl: She's not much of a morning person, but going on vacation usually makes her one.

That's so cute!!! We also have a super early morning - leaving Manchester airport at 7:30 a.m. so we have to get up at 2:00 a.m. to drive down! DH is like, "Do NOT wake me up when you leave!" hahahahah! I may just shower the night before, pack the car and just slip out of bed, grab some coffee, wake DD and leave so I can sleep just a bit longer! Of course, I'll probably be TOO EXCITED TO SLEEP!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Well its not like I didnt know there would be showers but I was hoping not the torrential downpours that I hear everyone describing! Maybe they will be cleared out by the time we get there.

When it rains, do you all leave or do you soldier on and make the best of it?

checking in from disney...we had hot and sunny weather the first 3 days. The rain staarted 2 days ago but is has been bearable. Last evening was lovely at MK, the showers cooled the air down. Today theere were flooding rains early, all the paths at pop were flooded for a while. now it's just hot and humid, cloudy and sprinkles.

When we arrived sunday, we went to Mk for rope drop. there were no lines but Splash Mt was down. as the week has progressed, we are finsing longer lines and more crowds. more schools are out now i suppose. The lines are long but we go in sept and january so there are no lines then, i guess we are spoiled.

Have great trip everyone!

That's so cute!!! We also have a super early morning - leaving Manchester airport at 7:30 a.m. so we have to get up at 2:00 a.m. to drive down! DH is like, "Do NOT wake me up when you leave!" hahahahah! I may just shower the night before, pack the car and just slip out of bed, grab some coffee, wake DD and leave so I can sleep just a bit longer! Of course, I'll probably be TOO EXCITED TO SLEEP!!!! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Wow, 2am. I always feel for people who live much farther away from their airport. I don’t know if I could get my dd out of bed at 2am. I’ll be getting up at 4:30 and getting dd up at 5am. I’m hoping to be able to change ds without waking him. I’m going to do all I can the night before (showers, loading suitcases, etc.). I’m hoping to only leave little more than getting clothes on, faces washed and getting teeth and hair brushed for the morning of departure. We’ll pick up breakfast at the airport or pack snacks.

I'm anticipating being too wound up to sleep, but I'm hoping for the best. Dd will probably be worn out from summer camp and pass out. She has been nodding off around 6pm some days since it started.

SnowWhite607 said:
When it rains, do you all leave or do you soldier on and make the best of it?

We don’t leave a park when it rains. We have rain gear and different shoes we can wear. I think the rain they are experiencing right now is an unusual amount from what everyone has said and it is supposed to taper off soon. I hope so. I’m prepared for the usual afternoon shower, but hours and hours on end would be a bit more difficult mainly because my son isn’t fond of his stroller cover. In fact, I’m looking for a light raincoat for him now. We also have several pool afternoons planned.

The weather has been unusual here as well. We live in NC and when we left the house this morning it was barely 60 degrees. After days of tank tops and shorts, I put my son in pants the last two days. My daughter wore jeans yesterday. She wore shorts today because her summer camp is doing a gymnastics field trip. It’s usually at least 72 by the time we leave the house and 85 by noon. It’s been raining more than usual here as well. I think a change is coming though.

When we were in Orlando the last time, it rained off and on our whole day at Sea World. My daughter said it was still better than a sunny day when we weren't together. :cloud9:

When we were in Orlando the last time, it rained off and on our whole day at Sea World. My daughter said it was still better than a sunny day when we weren't together. :cloud9:

Speaking of Seaworld, we have a couple days planned there this trip...how was it in the rain? I've never been and don't want to waste the tickets if its going to rain us out of shows and such. Disney I can take the rain, way more stuff to do...but man I'm hoping this rain really goes away! We were spoiled last year with 10 days of sunshine.

I'm still going through PDD....working on my photopass pictures...it doesn't help ease the depression...seeing my smiling face in front of the castle...makes me want to cry! lol

My daughter actually is having MAJOR withdrawals...she broke down in tears yesterday asking to go back....if only she knew the costs!

an awesome trip...just one day of rain...touring plans are the way to go...seriously we were able to ride and do so many things with a set plan of attack each day....

Hi everyone just wanted to check in. We arrived during a thunder storm a little after 800 am this morning. The pilot said it was going to get bumpy and boy did it. All the sudden we could not see anything out of the window but flashes of lightening and it got very bumpy. We were very happy to get off the plane...lol

Online check in worked great got our requests. Our room was not ready till noon. We just left our bags and went to HS had to ride RnRc and ToT :woohoo:

It has been raining off and on all day but its a warm rain. Tomorrow is suppose to be the same but the weekend looks good only a 20% chance of rain and sunny. Today was cloudy and warm but not hot like July.

Going to dinner then tomorrow we are headed back to HS for our first SWW so excited.

Take care everyone.

Hi everyone just wanted to check in. We arrived during a thunder storm a little after 800 am this morning. The pilot said it was going to get bumpy and boy did it. All the sudden we could not see anything out of the window but flashes of lightening and it got very bumpy. We were very happy to get off the plane...lol

Online check in worked great got our requests. Our room was not ready till noon. We just left our bags and went to HS had to ride RnRc and ToT :woohoo:

It has been raining off and on all day but its a warm rain. Tomorrow is suppose to be the same but the weekend looks good only a 20% chance of rain and sunny. Today was cloudy and warm but not hot like July.

Going to dinner then tomorrow we are headed back to HS for our first SWW so excited.

Take care everyone.

Your flight sounds like our nightmare flight home from Disney last year! Oh I beg that the flight isnt that bad again this year :scared:

I'm happy to hear that you landed safely and are in your happy place now ;) Enjoy the rest of your vacation, thanks for the updates!

Take care everyone.

Glad you made it safe and now you have Disney to forget all about that plane ride!

We had a flight home like that one year. It was scary. I'd rather have my flight down there be like that because at least you have something fabulous waiting on the other end. :laughing: Unlike when you're coming home. :sad2:

Ok Ive never down early bird check in...do I get a confirmation or how do I check it? It says it will check you in 36 hours prior, can I see my boarding passes that early?

It checks you in at 36 hour mark, however you still can't print your passes until 24 hour mark.

Also just wanted to say I hope that everyone has a great trip and to everyone suffering thru the rain, here is to hoping for the return to usual afternoon showers!! Fingers crossed and pixie dust all around!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter