~~*Official July 2013 Thread!*~~Our Month has Arrived!

I discovered Yak and Yeti on my solo trip a couple of years ago and liked it so much, I scheduled an ADR for when DH joined me.

Still no word....I'm dying.

I am so sorry your husband has not received word as to his well deserved vacation. Hope everything goes well and get down to your Happy Place.

DD and I have not tried Yak and Yeti, maybe our next trip in July 2014.

Noticed you reside in Dallas, we are across the trinity river in Fort Worth. I think we talked last year on the July 2012 thread.

I am so sorry your husband has not received word as to his well deserved vacation. Hope everything goes well and get down to your Happy Place.

DD and I have not tried Yak and Yeti, maybe our next trip in July 2014.

Noticed you reside in Dallas, we are across the trinity river in Fort Worth. I think we talked last year on the July 2012 thread.

It was probably 2011, because we only went for one day in June before our cruise on the Dream. We are actually closer to Denton (near Lake Lewisville), but I identify myself as a Dallasite.

We may be back again next year, but in June. We haven't officially decided yet. I will be having reconstructive surgery after school is out, so, if we go, we have to the first week of summer break. We'll see.

If your smartphone is capable you'll have to upload your photos to a photo share web site like Photobucket or Shutterfly.

Then when you are posting on Dis, you'll copy the image link to your post and Dis will communicate with the photo share site and load your pictures.

Someone else my have another way to post pictures but I have only used this way.

Thanks. I'll try that.

We arrived home last night just after midnight.
I'm so sad to leave Disney.
It was a wonderful trip for the 8 of us!
Kidani was relaxing and tranquil- in the few moments we weren't in the parks!
I loved the extra room and extra bathroom!:cool1:

The weather was wonderful- mostly low 80's with occasional downpours- but not too humid. No one got sunburned due to clouds and tons of shade.:):)
Back home (in MA) it was 90's and 100's and VERY humid!!:furious:

NEW Favorites:
Best new favorite- BOG for lunch!pixiedust:
Also loved Wolfgang Puck Express.
LeFou's Brew and cinnamon roll at Gaston's Tavern. YUM!!:stir:
I brought my nephews to the World for their 1st visit and they fell in love with Disney!!pixiedust:pixiedust:
My nephews totally got into pin trading!
And my granddaughters loved it, too! ;)

Dessert party was great on Friday night- but my granddaughters were sad that Tink didn't fly! I told them the rain spoils pixie dust!

Favorite new ride- Expedition Everest.
It was great to meet Bob and Midori and Kirrrby!!:cheer2:
It went by WAY too fast!:sad2::sad2:

Thanks to everyone on this thread for all the tips and for helping me deal with my excitement!

We where at the dessert party on Friday also. If you saw the sleeping girl on the chairs in the red and white polka dot dress, that was us!

Got back at 2:30am on Friday morning. After a wonderful family trip. :)

Some highlights.

DS got to be the Beast in Enchanted Tales with Belle. pixiedust:
And he got to drive the boat on the Jungle Cruise. :drive:
Did an impromptu lunch and Yak and Yeti, and it was our best meal of the trip followed by lunch at Chefs de France with Remy.
Special Independence Day fireworks on Sunday the 7th were quite spectacular. It was if the fireworks surrounded the park. Beautiful.

BLT is a great location. Especially since we love the MK so much.
Weather was awesome. Kids were cooperative.

Worst part is packing up on the last day, loading the car, and having to watch the families just showing up. The week goes by so fast.

Waiting for next year is going to be so tough. :crazy2:

Thanks to everyone for sharing. Hopefully we'll be around for a meet next July.

We love Yak and Yeti. That is where my son requested to have his birthday lunch this year. Can't wait. B

I discovered Yak and Yeti on my solo trip a couple of years ago and liked it so much, I scheduled an ADR for when DH joined me.

Still no word....I'm dying.

Ugh! I really hope that his vacation request gets granted. Fingers crossed for you.

We are keeping our fingers crossed also !!!

Thanks, Bob. We're still trying to figure this out. One of the people DH is going to be working under said she is fine with him going. The other can't remember what he wanted DH to work on nor can he remember why it was so critical. His real boss can't remember this either. :confused3:sad2:

The day for Disney is here.
So get ready to shout and cheer.
Here is hoping your trip is a blast.
May pixie dust and fun always last.
Disney is waiting for you.
Hope all your dreams come true.

~Arriving July 23~
bstarprincesss37- July 23- July 30 @ AKV and POR

Thanks, Bob. We're still trying to figure this out. One of the people DH is going to be working under said she is fine with him going. The other can't remember what he wanted DH to work on nor can he remember why it was so critical. His real boss can't remember this either. :confused3:sad2:

WOW!!! - That is so wrong to have your Husband in limbo... Also you and your families plans to go to Disney. We will continue to keep you in our thoughts today.:)

6 more days until Disney! :cool1::cool1:

However, I am a little worried. DD woke up in the middle of the night last night complaining of a stomach ache. She never does that. Hopefully she just swallowed too much pool water yesterday trying to dive in the deep end. Fingers crossed she is not getting sick.

6 more days until Disney! :cool1::cool1:

However, I am a little worried. DD woke up in the middle of the night last night complaining of a stomach ache. She never does that. Hopefully she just swallowed too much pool water yesterday trying to dive in the deep end. Fingers crossed she is not getting sick.

Angalee - Sorry to hear about your DD. Hopefully she will be ok by the end of the day or earlier.

I know you and your family are super excited to get to Disney. DD and I are excited for you. Maypixiedust:be sprinkled over your vacation...:cool1:

Love this thread!!! Can't believe in a little over 48 hours, I'll be boarding a flight to Walt Disney World! Who else is going between July 26th and August 1st?:yay:

Angalee - Sorry to hear about your DD. Hopefully she will be ok by the end of the day or earlier.

I know you and your family are super excited to get to Disney. DD and I are excited for you. Maypixiedust:be sprinkled over your vacation...:cool1:

Thanks Bob! DD is feeling better so that is good news. Hopefully pixie dust for our trip. That would be great!

We made our own little photo movie for our trip! Check it out;

http://youtu.be/yPIuBmVE32k

Very cute!

Love this thread!!! Can't believe in a little over 48 hours, I'll be boarding a flight to Walt Disney World! Who else is going between July 26th and August 1st?:yay:

:welcome: we are close with dates. July 29- August 3.

The day for Disney is here.
So get ready to shout and cheer.
Here is hoping your trip is a blast.
May pixie dust and fun always last.
Disney is waiting for you.
Hope all your dreams come true.

~Arriving July 24~
MdMommy- July 24- August 2 @ POR
lovegrumpy- July 24- August 4 @ ?

anjalee6 said:
5 days until Disney! :cool1::cool1:

Good Morning - I am on my phone so I can't add all of the Whop La's. I know you guy's are very excited and ready.

We are excited also for you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter