~~*Official July 2013 Thread!*~~Our Month has Arrived!

I'm drawing a blank so wanted to ask my fellow July Dis'ers. Wondering about "opening ceremonies" at RD. Thinking back on past trips I can't remember if we've seen them on AM EMH days or just when we've gotten there at the regular park opening. I'm thinking of when all the characters are in front of the train station at MK and the countdown & confetti at EPCOT specifically. Do they do these ceremonies for AM EMH and then again at the regular opening time? I love seeing these so want to plan accordingly for our upcoming trip.

I'm drawing a blank so wanted to ask my fellow July Dis'ers. Wondering about "opening ceremonies" at RD. Thinking back on past trips I can't remember if we've seen them on AM EMH days or just when we've gotten there at the regular park opening. I'm thinking of when all the characters are in front of the train station at MK and the countdown & confetti at EPCOT specifically. Do they do these ceremonies for AM EMH and then again at the regular opening time? I love seeing these so want to plan accordingly for our upcoming trip.

I could be wrong here, but I believe they discontinued the RD ceremony at EPCOT. On the bright side, it still happens at MK.

47 days til we leave for Florida!!!! we are stopping by Daytona beach for a day or 2 before we head to Orlando..

But 53 days till check in.. hurry up and fly by time...

I could be wrong here, but I believe they discontinued the RD ceremony at EPCOT. On the bright side, it still happens at MK.

Thanks for the reply. I know EPCOT doesn't do a formal RD, but they did a countdown and confetti cannons the last two times we were there. There's just something about being there for that. Feels like an official start to a great day! :banana:

Also--does HS do anything special at the turnstiles? I know they don't do an official RD but does anything else happen? We usually go during SWW so the Stormtroopers are out doing their thing. Other than making the mad dash to TSM :hyper:, is there a real reason to be there right at opening?

I have just 27 more sleeps until WDW :cool1::cool1:

After the day I am having today I am seriously contemplating adding a day at the beggining of the trip:headache:...26 seems so much closer than 27 right now :thumbsup2

We just booked split stay at Wilderness Lodge and Shades of Green. Woohoo can't wait to go.

O M G !!! :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

Change of plans !! Just found out - Our other family traveling with us did not buy their Flight tickets !!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

We will now have to drive. I am so glad I purchased non restrict tickets. I will call today to cancel and get a refund.

What! You are so nice to change your plans for them. I would just fly down and meet them there.

Ferrentinos said:
I think I read somewhere on here that people were able to get ADR sometime in Sept or Oct ... But nothing before. My DH is so bummed....

I didn't even know CG is not open! Very bummed! :-(

Thanks for the reply. I know EPCOT doesn't do a formal RD, but they did a countdown and confetti cannons the last two times we were there. There's just something about being there for that. Feels like an official start to a great day! :banana:

Also--does HS do anything special at the turnstiles? I know they don't do an official RD but does anything else happen? We usually go during SWW so the Stormtroopers are out doing their thing. Other than making the mad dash to TSM :hyper:, is there a real reason to be there right at opening?

No, HS doesn't do anything at the turnstiles. They just let the masses through. Animal kingdom holds people at a specific place and just says now we are open, enjoy your day with a megaphone...at least when we have been there.

Since we are going closer, please let me know if anyone wants me to add information to the first page.

1) resort information and dates
2) ADRs (easiest if you list when (time) and where
3) park days or plans

Since we are going closer, please let me l ow if anyone wants me to add information to the first page.

3) park days or plans

Wilderness & Shades of Green (Split Stay) July 13th-20th.

Too bad, so sad for them!! I would still fly if I were you and they can find their own way down!! Haha!

Boy you must be a great friend.....I would have said "see ya there"!!! I can't see driving that far (of course I hate to drive 2 hours away:lmao:), it just takes way to much for me to be in the car that long!!!

What! You are so nice to change your plans for them. I would just fly down and meet them there.

I kinda feel the same way, but if I don't change MY plans - we may not see them until 3 days after we get to Disney. :rolleyes1

I'm ok with it, I really want DD's BF (Lucy) to really enjoy her first trip to the WORLD !!!! :thumbsup2

Since we are going closer, please let me l ow if anyone wants me to add information to the first page.

3) park days or plans

Here's a couple of more:
July 21, 12:30pm 50's Prime Time Cafe
July 24 6:00 pm Maya Grille @ CSR

Thanks a bunch!

I kinda feel the same way, but if I don't change MY plans - we may not see them until 3 days after we get to Disney. :rolleyes1

I'm ok with it, I really want DD's BF (Lucy) to really enjoy her first trip to the WORLD !!!! :thumbsup2

I understand, just after driving so many times and then flying, I just don't think I could drive anymore. It was really long. You are a very nice dad to want Midori and Lucy to be together.

Are flights just too expensive now for them?

Disney mail came in today! After the day I had and only 7 days of work left I am getting into full disney mode!

Angelee, I think my plans are finally in stone

July 10 MK, ADR at BOG
July 11 EP
July 11 ADR Rose and Crown
July 12 DTD with ADR at House of Blues
July 13 AK
July 14 Move to Bonnet Creek, MK half day
July 15 Pool
July 16 HS ADR 50's diner
July 17 Go to FLager Beach, stay with friends
July 18 Beach and fly home at night

:hyper::hyper::hyper::hyper:

Just wanted to update our plans:

We are staying POR July 11-18

July 11 - ADR 1900 Park Fare (5:55 PM)
July 12 - Our DFTW :bride: @ SBP and wedding dinner ADR @ 'Ohana (8:05 PM)
July 13 - ADR CRT (8:05 PM)
July 14 - ADR Crystal Palace (5:05 PM)
July 15 - ADR Garden Grill (6:30 PM)
July 16 - ADR Sci-Fi (7:05 PM)
July 17 - ADR Coral Reef (6:20 PM)

36 more days to POR!! :dance3:

After seeing a few posts about getting Mickey Mail I'm thinking I should call our TA (yes, although I'm a self confessed control freak (read that as I do all the reserarch & then tell her what to book ;)) I still use a TA.) We're 31 days out but haven't heard from her. :scratchin If you book yourself do you get your MM sooner? Guess I'll add that call to my list of things to do today. :rolleyes1

I'm 24 days out and still haven't heard from my TA either (yes I used a TA too!). I know she gets the paperwork first, checks it, then mails it to me; so I'm not worried yet.I'll give her another week before I call.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter