• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~~*Official July 2013 Thread!*~~Our Month has Arrived!

So cool how many of you are bringing friends or meeting a friend for their kid. That sooo makes you the cool mom or dad :cool1:

I use carrentalsavers.com to rent vehicles. I got an incredible deal. 13 days mini van for $500 (which I thankfully split with my mom and dad).

I'm Disney obsessed at the moment. I can't stop thinking about our trip!! I've been showing my 2 year old youtube videos to prepare him for what's in store. So far he looks pretty "excited" even though I'm sure he doesn't truely understand what the heck I'm talking about.

So cool how many of you are bringing friends or meeting a friend for their kid. That sooo makes you the cool mom or dad :cool1:

I use carrentalsavers.com to rent vehicles. I got an incredible deal. 13 days mini van for $500 (which I thankfully split with my mom and dad).

I'm Disney obsessed at the moment. I can't stop thinking about our trip!! I've been showing my 2 year old youtube videos to prepare him for what's in store. So far he looks pretty "excited" even though I'm sure he doesn't truely understand what the heck I'm talking about.

I guess that makes me the cool mom lol :)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

:) Thanks for the compliment, I've been a single custodial Dad for 13 years and making my DD happy is what it's all about.

My DD first Disney experience was when she was 3 years old. Your right, they are excited but they look at us like why are you so so excited and acting all crazy. After their first visit they are HOOKED !!! just like we are.

This is Lucy on the left DD's BF.

What is going on the 13-20th that is making everything booked up? I tried shades of green and ONE day out of all of them were booked. The 15th of all days is booked solid. Then everything is booked solid for values, except Pop for 4 out of our 7 days. We've never been during this time, so I'm just attributing it to school being out and whatnot. But it just seems really odd.

Wow, Can't believe it's already June 4th! So many things have happened since we planned this trip, it's unreal.

My sister has had skin cancer, her daughter (my niece) had melanoma cancer, thankfully it was contained in one spot! She has to have scans & testing every 6 months for the next few years. Best friend of over 30 years had a stroke, DS24 & his girlfriend of 3 yrs broke up. Car repairs of over $800 took a chunk of trip money, Niece -in- law and her brother were killed in a head on collision couple of weeks ago. DH is having trouble with left knee & foot, discovered he has gout. My right foot is giving me pain when I'm on it for too long. That's just a few of the things the last few months!

Plus the changes that we have made in the schedule! I'm not sure what we are doing when anymore!!

Trip started July 6-20, DH wanted to add a day changed July 5-20. Enterprise is closing early July 3 added day to rental, pick up July 2. I added vacation day to get everything ready so we can relax 4th of July. DH now wants us to leave early, early am July 4 travel to Stone Mountain Park in GA, visit park for fireworks, spend night in that area, then travel on to FL early July 5. :yay: I'm not complaining about this at all!!

Relative that was using her pass to get us into parks for 2 days, can't use for MK at all and now she just told me they are going on vacation from June 30 to July 11. We only budgeted for 2 day tickets so we are going to go to AK Sunday, July 7 as planned have an ADR @ Rainforest Café (have $25 GC to use) and may keep MK as planned for Wed. July10. If we can't meet up with her the following week 2 days we probably won't make it to HS or Epcot. DS6 really wanted to meet Wreck It Ralph & Pheneas & Ferb that and TSMM are only things I know for sure he will care about in HS.

I've just decided to step away from the schedule rearranging and if need be go with the flow! I just need this vacation!!

Thanks for letting me vent!! In 30 days @ this time we will be in Stone Mountain Park starting a great, relaxing, fun filled vacation!!:cool1:

Tiredsportsmom - that is a lot if bad news that you have had to deal with. So sorry! I hope the next 30 days fly by quickly and uneventfully and you are soon on you way to relaxing!

Hard for me to concentrate at work today. Luckily, I don't have anything pressing to get done. We are at 26 days until we leave! I'm hoping to add a new job to reasons we are celebrating! I interviewed last week and was told I was the top choice out of the 30-something people who applied. Should hear by Friday if I officially have the position. Fingers crossed!

I have 25 days left!!! Until our trip and 17 days left of school!!! Woohoo :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Split stay July 10-27

July 10-20 at Saratoga Springs
then from July 20-27 at Bay Lake Tower

Can't wait! Counting the days!!:yay::yay:

Tiredsportsmom - I am so sorry to hear about all of the challenges you've experienced. DD and I will be thinking of you and your family.

What is going on the 13-20th that is making everything booked up? I tried shades of green and ONE day out of all of them were booked. The 15th of all days is booked solid. Then everything is booked solid for values, except Pop for 4 out of our 7 days. We've never been during this time, so I'm just attributing it to school being out and whatnot. But it just seems really odd.

I believe there's a big conference at the Contemporary that week. Guests stay there and the Polynesian.

O M G !!! :sad2: :sad2: :sad2:

Change of plans !! Just found out - Our other family traveling with us did not buy their Flight tickets !!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

We will now have to drive. I am so glad I purchased non restrict tickets. I will call today to cancel and get a refund.

Change of plans !! Just found out - Our other family traveling with us did not buy their Flight tickets !!!!!!!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

We will now have to drive. I am so glad I purchased non restrict tickets. I will call today to cancel and get a refund.

Too bad, so sad for them!! I would still fly if I were you and they can find their own way down!! Haha!

After seeing a few posts about getting Mickey Mail I'm thinking I should call our TA (yes, although I'm a self confessed control freak (read that as I do all the reserarch & then tell her what to book ;)) I still use a TA.) We're 31 days out but haven't heard from her. :scratchin If you book yourself do you get your MM sooner? Guess I'll add that call to my list of things to do today. :rolleyes1

Boy you must be a great friend.....I would have said "see ya there"!!! I can't see driving that far (of course I hate to drive 2 hours away:lmao:), it just takes way to much for me to be in the car that long!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter